Giles Coke

Guest wilyfox

Thing is with Coke, he's potentially the best midfield player to partner Semedo at the club. He was hugely instrumental in turning that game around for us last night. More than anything, I'd like him to succeed at this football club, but,,,,, you never know what his next performance will be like

I think Lines or McCabe are better partners for Semedo than Coke, but if we can't get Rhys' clearance sorted in time for Derby then Giles has to be considered. We can't line up with three wingers across the midfield as we did lastnight - that would be suicide.

Think that Coke will be starting on Saturday.

He played quite deep on Monday and allowed Semedo to break up play in front of him.

Now I always thought that Coke's best role is as an attacking midfielder, but I wonder with our current wide options (two proper attacking wingers), whether Coke will need to play the same role against Derby.

For me I'd start with the team that played most of that second half against Oldham.

I know it is easy to say after we bang in four goals, albeit against a League One side, but the whole team seemed to function properly with that set up.

You can have Coke allow Semedo to do what Semedo does and then Pecnik can provide the link between midfield and up front, with O'Grady holding the ball up in the striker position.

Think this will allow us to get JJ and Antonio more involved, whilst also meaning that we have some decent protection in front of the back four.