Pecnic

Some were writing the obituary for his Wednesday career after 45 minutes!

I've seen enough in him to think he'll get us a few goals, both scoring and assists. He'll be an interesting one and I'm firmly of the belief he'll do well.

Thought he had a really poor game tonight but Jones playing him in the middle of the park will have affected his game.

Did better up front but looking at our forward players tonight in COG, JJ, Antonio and Pecnik (not including the 2 who went off injured early on) I thought he was the least impressive.

Thought he had a really poor game tonight but Jones playing him in the middle of the park will have affected his game.

Did better up front but looking at our forward players tonight in COG, JJ, Antonio and Pecnik (not including the 2 who went off injured early on) I thought he was the least impressive.

You're kidding

He's a total footballer

Class in every way

He'll be a player that those who like your 'andy booth' type player will hate as he'll shoot from 45 yards, try backflicks, overhead kicks etc and they'll boo him because he's not run about and held it up for a midfielder and shielded the ball etc

Watch him go this season

REYT quality player

Thought 2nd half he was immense. don't know what DJ said to them at half time but what a response.

Innit

He ruled the 2nd half - they didnt' know what to do with him - couldn't handle him

He's a genius unknown quantity

Owlstalk Shop

Just my opinion mate.

The build up to our first goal summed was fairly typical in my view of his performance tonight, he picked the ball up outside the area and turned inside the defender but then for some reason prodded the ball into another defender when he'd created space. Fortunately we got a lucky break and it bounced off the defender into JJ's path.

There were other instances where I thought he was wasteful in possession too but as I say he did look better playing more forward and credit where credit's due he did well to set up COG's second.

Hopefully we'll see him continue to develop and grow into the English game but I'm just not as convinced as some other posters on here tonight.

He was completely lost in midfield in the first half but when lifted into a more creative role, he looked class. Makes sense for DJ to test him there competitively with Lines out, but surely that's convinced him he definitely needs strength in centre mid.

What's great is we don't just have strength in depth, we have different styles for each position so can mix up the system as well as the personel.

The build up to our first goal summed was fairly typical in my view of his performance tonight, he picked the ball up outside the area and turned inside the defender but then for some reason prodded the ball into another defender when he'd created space. Fortunately we got a lucky break and it bounced off the defender into JJ's path.

I can't really speak on behalf of professional footballers (not being one), but I think it's a psychological thing that once you miss a big chance (like the penalty) - rather than trying to do too much yourself to redeem the mistake you try and take the unselfish option and give someone else the responsibility of finishing the job - even though he did all the hard work to create the space himself.

I like that he appears quite unselfish, his creativity and ability to pull defenders out of position from the 'hole' is going to create a lot of goals for us this season.