OWLSTALK SOLD OUT THE WEDNESDAY PLAYER OFFER !

Guest chappers

F*cking Nora. It is a fantastic offer. Figures then, that the people who got it will be very happy and the people who missed out will be disappointed. Both justifiably so.

The offer creates an inequality where, people who signed up previously, and now people who sign up after, will be paying FOUR times what the select 400 are paying. This is quite a disparity, could be seen as unfair and is understandably a source of frustration to some people.

Great of the club to be thinking of new initiatives. But do I agree with Dan that is seems strange to cap the offer? Yes, I do. Do I think they'd be better off offering the service to everybody at a flat rate? Yes. If it was around £25/£30, I think they'd have more subscribers, make the same amount of money and wouldn't leave themselves open to accusations of unfairness.

I might be wrong about all of this, but I'm entitled to my opinion. As are all the others. Can do without the sanctimonious tirades.

Unfortunately, this is how things are. I have had Sky for a number of years and I cannot take up any of the offers that they promote as i am an existing customer. I am not satying it is right; its just how things are.

Guest intercity0wl

PLEASE DO ANOTHER OFFER THIS WEEK ON THIS!

I pay mine Monthly D/D and it costs me the same as 2 litres of milk a week, so the normal price is ok IMHO

The offer creates an inequality where, people who signed up previously, and now people who sign up after, will be paying FOUR times what the select 400 are paying. This is quite a disparity, could be seen as unfair and is understandably a source of frustration to some people.

flip

ME

Seriously

So you're saying that no company should EVER do any offers in case their current customers get all mardy about it ?

What about those who pay full price for Wednesday Player who have just signed up to a company for product x on a 'new customers only' deal, whilst those who landed the Wednesday Player deal for a tenner and yet pay full price for product x so are actually worse off ?

Get real

Seriously

GREAT offer today from the club and LivingSocial

No other club's done it

WELL DONE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

flip THE HATERZ

Owlstalk Shop

Great of the club to be thinking of new initiatives. But do I agree with Dan that is seems strange to cap the offer? Yes, I do. Do I think they'd be better off offering the service to everybody at a flat rate? Yes.

WHAT THE flip ?

They do !!!!

• Exclusive news and interviews
  • Live audio commentary
  • Works on Mac and PC worldwide
  • Match and extended highlights
  • High quality 1.8MB Flash stream
  • See all premium content ad free

FROM

10p

PER DAY!

Owlstalk Shop

I can't believe some are actually having a moan about this... lol

Oh I can....

You only have to look at the official facebook page and on here for the anti-swfc sentiment rolled out in anger every time (and I mean EVERY SINGLE TIME) Sheffield Wednesday try and do something for their fans....

It's incredible

It's like 75% of our fans are blades in disguise with the way they try and rip apart every bit of good the club tries to do

It's shocking - but it happens all the time....

Yet the same people who moan, criticise, attack - don't/daren't do it to Sky, Asda, public transport, kebab shops, pubs etc

Only Wednesday.....

Owlstalk Shop

Guest S6craigo

Been on nights this week and first thing I did when I woke up was go on owlstalk and read this thread. Thought to myself what a cracking offer I'll have some of that, imagine my dissapointment when I got towards the end of the thread! Gutted, damn all you day workers!

Edited by S6craigo

Ps it's not restricted to offers either

When SWFC post on the official facebook something like 'Tickets now on sale for Crystal Palace - simply click the link for full details of prices etc' you can guarantee someone will post 'when are the tickets on sale' and another will post 'how much are they' ?

Spoonfed nation wanting everything delivered to them (for free) and then their arses wiped afterwards

ffs

Does this mean there will soon be an offer for arses being wiped??

(crosses fingers)

Does this mean there will soon be an offer for arses being wiped??

(crosses fingers)

When there is I'll post a link and put 'click the link for FULL details'

Instead of clicking it make sure you don't click it and instead post 'what are the details'

Like the other boobies that do that every single time

Owlstalk Shop

WHAT THE flip ?

They do !!!!

• Exclusive news and interviews
  • Live audio commentary
  • Works on Mac and PC worldwide
  • Match and extended highlights
  • High quality 1.8MB Flash stream
  • See all premium content ad free

FROM

10p

PER DAY!

And most of it is free - good ol' digital radio, folks

(football league show/SSN for the goals)

i got the offer, slightly disappointed i might not get it due to geographical issue but will see what happens.

dont think its worth 40 quid as rrp but then some people have no option to listen to it on t'wireless... but at a tenner its a steal.

obv they had to limit it so it doesnt affect attendances is my guess.

thanks owlstalk for letting us know.

Can i moan about video quality now.... its sh i t ........gets coat

Guest Cheese

Well done to all those quick enough to snap this up, I wasn't. My only gripe with player is it not supporting iOS. 3 times I've emailed the club over the last 12 months asking if they are aware if this will change, didn't even get a response which is sad really. I'd happily pay more than they are asking for the year if it worked for me.

WORST

ADVICE

EVER

Steve Neil calm the rumble down mate. :biggrin:

Now I am not having a moan, but given I went to work at 7am , and not able to access internet until I got home about 6pm I'm a bit disappointed I wasn't able to take advantage of this, but hey ho

i would think it be a fairer option to have this available for a full 24 hours , not just the first 400 - then nobody could complain.

Doubt i will renew my WP subscription this year as the quality has been poor last year, think I'll spend the £40 on a shirt . I would have done for a tenner though. Wonder if the club has analysed the economics of this i.e. if they get 2000@£40 = £8k whereas 10000 @ £10 = £10k simple price elasticity of demand :ghoulguy:

Just my $0.02 worth

Well done to all those quick enough to snap this up, I wasn't. My only gripe with player is it not supporting iOS. 3 times I've emailed the club over the last 12 months asking if they are aware if this will change, didn't even get a response which is sad really. I'd happily pay more than they are asking for the year if it worked for me.

Think it's out of their hands. Fairly sure that the site structure at least is a 3rd party package. Which is why so many other clubs have a similar service. That would mean they are left waiting for an upgrade from the supplier for things like that. Could be wrong though, I usually am.

Honest question Neil. Which has no baring on anything, just curious. Are you employed by the club? I know you take photos on match days and I know I've seen pics from DJ on twitter of you in an office with him. Have I got my wires crossed?