OWLSTALK SOLD OUT THE WEDNESDAY PLAYER OFFER !

Guest chappers

Only 399 deals? What's the point of doing that for an online subscription service? It doesn't cost them anything to sell it as the product is already there no matter how many people buy it, whoever subscribes only brings them more money.

I was getting ready to re-sub at that price, so they just lost out on another £10. I was looking forward to watching all the pre-season interviews, never mind.

I'm not sure it's worth £40 a year.

It's not. £15 or 20 a season would be closer to the mark, so this looked like a good deal. It's a shame our marketing department (or maybe theirs?) failed miserably in delivering it properly.

Get fooked

Only 399 deals? What's the point of doing that for an online subscription service? It doesn't cost them anything to sell it as the product is already there no matter how many people buy it, whoever subscribes only brings them more money.

I was getting ready to re-sub at that price, so they just lost out on another £10. I was looking forward to watching all the pre-season interviews, never mind.

What you moaning at ?

It's not. £15 or 20 a season would be closer to the mark, so this looked like a good deal. It's a shame our marketing department (or maybe theirs?) failed miserably in delivering it properly.

You just said you subscribed already ?

Owlstalk Shop

One thing that you can absolutely flipping GUARANTEE is that no matter what is offered/done for our fans - there's always some utter lobbers waiting to jump in and attack and moan and whinge and complain with all the ferocity that you'd expect from blades fans talking about Wednesday...

Unbelievable

Makes me flipping SICK to the stomach

Owlstalk Shop

You just said you subscribed already ?

No, I said I was about to re-subscribe for the £10 deal when I spotted it in my inbox, but then found out they were all gone when I got to the website.

Of course I'm going to moan about it, as should you be if you can contact the marketing department, they're throwing money away by limiting the deal to such a small number.

It costs them NOTHING to bring in more subscribers (unless you want to start counting the virtually insignificant bandwidth requirements), they're just throwing money away by limiting the deal. Can't you see that?

One thing that you can absolutely flipping GUARANTEE is that no matter what is offered/done for our fans - there's always some utter lobbers waiting to jump in and attack and moan and whinge and complain with all the ferocity that you'd expect from blades fans talking about Wednesday...

Unbelievable

Makes me flipping SICK to the stomach

Think you are being a bit harsh.

The offer was very popular and very well received. Just a few people mentioned that they feel the normal price is a bit steep. So well done on the promotion, it is much appreciated. But I'd hope that the feedback on the price and the popularity of a cheaper offering doesn't go unnoticed.

No, I said I was about to re-subscribe for the £10 deal when I spotted it in my inbox, but then found out they were all gone when I got to the website.

Of course I'm going to moan about it, as should you be if you can contact the marketing department, they're throwing money away by limiting the deal to such a small number.

It costs them NOTHING to bring in more subscribers (unless you want to start counting the virtually insignificant bandwidth requirements), they're just throwing money away by limiting the deal. Can't you see that?

Do you also go on Asda's forums and moan that they would sell more bread if they sold it at 5p a loaf ?

What other clubs have done this deal for their fans at a 75% discount ?

Why don't you contact the club and offer to replace the service with the content, staff, cameras, equipment, platform etc - I'm sure you could just offer it out for a tenner

In fact why not tell the taxi driver next time you get in that more people would take taxis if they did £1.50 trips ?

Or maybe shout at the lad behind the counter at McDonalds and tell him more people would buy their 99p burgers if they sold em for 49p ?

flip

ME

We shouldn't be charging a tenner for a FULL YEARS worth of Wednesday Player - we should be charging £100

It's a flipping BARGAIN if you're a Wednesday fan

Owlstalk Shop

Think you are being a bit harsh

I don't

Just watch the next offer from Wednesday - and check the fan reaction

EVERY SINGLE TIME some wee pipe starts attacking the club - no matter what the offer - no matter how it benefits our fans, our club, or even charities sometimes..

Every time

Makes me sick

Owlstalk Shop

Serves me right for not logging onto owlstalk earlier

Boooooooo

Fantastic offer that was and I missed it.

See ?

See that people ?

That's what the reaction should have been

Great offer - 75% discount for our fans - the only club to do it

No whinging - no moaning - no wanting everything for free/nowt - no wanting the flipping world spoonfed to you

It's easy if you try

It makes you feel better than living a life of snidy negative digs at our own club and it's attempts to give you things other clubs dont..

Try the approach taken here by Belfast Owl...

Give it a go...

I dare you.....

Owlstalk Shop

Ps it's not restricted to offers either

When SWFC post on the official facebook something like 'Tickets now on sale for Crystal Palace - simply click the link for full details of prices etc' you can guarantee someone will post 'when are the tickets on sale' and another will post 'how much are they' ?

Spoonfed nation wanting everything delivered to them (for free) and then their arses wiped afterwards

ffs

Owlstalk Shop

I don't

Just watch the next offer from Wednesday - and check the fan reaction

EVERY SINGLE TIME some wee pipe starts attacking the club - no matter what the offer - no matter how it benefits our fans, our club, or even charities sometimes..

Every time

Makes me sick

You're right there is a horrible sense of entitlement in today's society, and football fans are as bad as anyone. Just look at the reaction to only having signed 9 players this summer. People still want more.

The question comes down to value for money with Wednesday player. Yes what you get for £40 is a lot of content and it's very well put together but people who've not had that content before are put off by the price I would think. I know I have been for a couple of years since I last subscribed.

Is Wednesday player run by a third party along with the other "player" sites at other clubs? I always thought it was run by premier tv along with the site but we seem to have moved away from them with the website.

F*cking Nora. It is a fantastic offer. Figures then, that the people who got it will be very happy and the people who missed out will be disappointed. Both justifiably so.

The offer creates an inequality where, people who signed up previously, and now people who sign up after, will be paying FOUR times what the select 400 are paying. This is quite a disparity, could be seen as unfair and is understandably a source of frustration to some people.

Great of the club to be thinking of new initiatives. But do I agree with Dan that is seems strange to cap the offer? Yes, I do. Do I think they'd be better off offering the service to everybody at a flat rate? Yes. If it was around £25/£30, I think they'd have more subscribers, make the same amount of money and wouldn't leave themselves open to accusations of unfairness.

I might be wrong about all of this, but I'm entitled to my opinion. As are all the others. Can do without the sanctimonious tirades.

Guest intercity0wl

Ps it's not restricted to offers either

When SWFC post on the official facebook something like 'Tickets now on sale for Crystal Palace - simply click the link for full details of prices etc' you can guarantee someone will post 'when are the tickets on sale' and another will post 'how much are they' ?

Spoonfed nation wanting everything delivered to them (for free) and then their arses wiped afterwards

ffs

Can you PM me when the club post something on FB, save me looking and all that stuff.