the slaggin Milan got from a high number of us after megson sacking

I know it's been said before, but the hard time we gave Milan after his decision to part company with megson. Look at how we are all buzzing now. The club is high as a kite and the enthusiasm from us supporters is nothin short of magic. Its not going to be easy next season but its certainly gonna be exciting. I really trust milans judgement and think him and Jones will bring in some quality to give us every chance of playoff and who knows, maybe even automatic AGAIN! BRING IT ON!!!

For those of us with equine knowledge we all know the difficulties of trying to change horses mid-stream, given the exact same set of circumstances I would n't go for it.

Credit to Milan he rolled the dice and it came off. However, I would n't say that no lessons were learnt by Milan and people like me who were so critical. The loyalty that we show to the Wednesday family wether it be players, fans staff or management. Also, the question of trust that Milan asked for, we have been sold down the river so many times over the last 20+ years that learning to trust becomes a bit like recovering from a brain injury, we have to start over. Butbelieve we are learning.

For those of us with equine knowledge we all know the difficulties of trying to change horses mid-stream, given the exact same set of circumstances I would n't go for it.

Credit to Milan he rolled the dice and it came off. However, I would n't say that no lessons were learnt by Milan and people like me who were so critical. The loyalty that we show to the Wednesday family wether it be players, fans staff or management. Also, the question of trust that Milan asked for, we have been sold down the river so many times over the last 20+ years that learning to trust becomes a bit like recovering from a brain injury, we have to start over. Butbelieve we are learning.

much better than i could have put it

I think anyone who have him abuse should write him a personal letter of apology. I don't mean the ppl who were just a bit unhappy with the decision and voiced concerns, but the ppl who gave him proper dogs abuse and were saying he should wee wee off away from our club

Guest Distraught!

I think anyone who have him abuse should write him a personal letter of apology. I don't mean the ppl who were just a bit unhappy with the decision and voiced concerns, but the ppl who gave him proper dogs abuse and were saying he should wee wee off away from our club

He is a public figure and he must realize that abuse sometimes goes with status. One minute you can be up, the next minute you can be down. I am sure he is a thick skinned character and I am also sure he has taken much worse abuse in his time as a football chairman. I am also sure that he has handed out plenty of abuse to various people or bodies in his time. Has he written personal letters of apology? I am sure the answer to that is no.

Onwards and upwards!

I'm going to put my hands up and say I completely agreed with it. *shrug*

It was a nice bit of drama, and I can't say I didn't say "rumbleing hell!" when I heard it, but after 5 minutes of reflection, I thought it was completely the right thing to so. We were in a rut, crowds were dwindling, few of us liked the football we were playing, there were rumblings of dressing room shenanigans, we'd had some disgusting results leading up to the derby...and I was pleased when he did it.

But he's not silly, Mandaric. it's like Newcastle sacking Keegan, Liverpool and Dalglish, etc. There will always be negativity about it, and he will have expected it.

Mandaric made a call, not all of us agreed with it. boo flipping hoo. Had it backfired, and we had slid down the table, he would have been criticised for making the wrong call. He got it right and we are all happy.

Why people on this site insist on dragging up crap for no reason is beyond me

tbh fed up of apologising , mind you i never slagged milan , just thought it was the wrong decision

I had a bit of a hissy fit the day it happened....then quickly moved on....dunno why it has to be dragged up all the time...togger is an emotional game and thats why we all love it so much!!!....

I personally wanted Megson gone after Chesterfield. Weeks previous we had never looked like a promotion side and were capable of better.

That night some of our fans were embarrassing and absolutely deluded.

The most surprising thing to me is that Milan seemingly expected every single football supporter to react with a calm wisdom and patience after he'd sacked a Wednesdayite from the mangers job a few days after we beat our biggest rivals at home.

He knew exactly what the reaction would be and to play the delicate flower routine was a bit pathetic in my opinion. That's not to say I think he should have been abused, of course he shouldn't, but it was hardly a surprise.

Well put Nev. I think this "show penance for questioning Milan's decision" discussion has gone on too long. Can I point out to the 'holier than thou' lot that keep starting these threads that there is nothing wrong with questioning someones decision as long as its done in a respectful way. The Owlstalkers that got personal about Milan should be the ones brought into question IMO.

I had a bit of a hissy fit the day it happened....then quickly moved on....dunno why it has to be dragged up all the time...togger is an emotional game and thats why we all love it so much!!!....

Now that's a word I haven't heard for a long time. I haven't heard anyone use the word 'chabby' for ages also.