Behind enemy lines

When I was in Australia my brother in law admitted that the last time they were in Sheffield he took my nephew to a pigs game, a playoff semi.

I went mental. There are no pigs on my fathers side of the family. None. I don't even want to think about it.

There is no situation on the planet that would bring me to go and watch them. Are you telling us there is not a single family member other than yourself who can take him? They don't even have to be a football fan, in fact that would probably be advantageous.

Guest Gordo_Owl

Would be horrible to sit there with them lot celebrating around you!! Hope to see you on TV jump up and celebrate a 93rd minute 'Udders' winner tho!

In all honesty I'd probably go on udders end but that ain't a problem you've got. Can't understand how this situation had come about, his folks are either paper blades as their not going or he simply has no other football fans in the family so I'd go with the guy who said spend the money on a s6 season ticket, shouldn't be that hard to convince him

Guest @DSapeyOwl

Fake your death?

make someone else go?

arrange something else?

get arrested?

get a mate to break your leg with a baseball bat?

go to the rugby?

Whatever you do just make sure you avoid going at all costs!!!!!!!!

I'd love to be there if they lose but, as that can't be guaranteed, nothing would get me there. Free first class travel, night in a hotel, Royal Box tickets with full hospitality, absolutely not! And to sit with their idiotic fans! No, no, a thousand times No.

I work on a challenging behavior unit and i was asked to take a patient to a united game at the sty,i point blank refused to go.

When i was asked why i said it was against my religion and there is no way i was stepping inside that hole.

I could have got the flipping sack but i stuck to my guns.

Not condoning violence against children, BUT, United always seem to attract those 'orrible little kids who need a good slap.

I know he's your nephew, don't get me wrong, I've got a little second cousin who's a blade. There's no shame in admitting you often think about just giving him a little clip whilst his mum and dad aren't watching.

Basically what I'm saying is, you don't have to carry any guilt when you come to your senses and don't take him.

your gonna smell of bacon and poo for a fortnight! don't do it pal, you'll be taking him to a gary glitter concert next, come to think of it thats a better alternative!

Just remember it's pigs that are playing not the MASSIVE, tell him its a no no, failing that get him to phone esther ranzen for child abuse.