Sheffield Wednesday player you first idolised...

Guest surfinjim

Another for Eric Potts here. I remember getting dragged to Hillsborough as a 6 year with my dad, grandad and kid brother. Our kid fell asleep against one of the crush barriers. All I can remember, apart from losing, was the flash of Erics hair, and thinking he's fast.

I was hooked. Think it was 14 games before I saw Wednesday win.......

For it has to be

0,,10312~3576294,00.jpg

I wonder what happens to fan clubs like the one TC. I ask myself, is it still going? If not who was the last member in it? Who ran it?

BTW, check this article written about TC. He still likes to put one over the blades.

http://www.independe...at-2371326.html

I remember reading just after Curran left us, HE actually started his fan club. It wasn't anything to do with the fans, he did it all himself, which does seem to suggest a bit of an ego. He used to have an Italian "restaurant" (which was no more than a transport cafe in reality), just off the A1, betwenn Donny and the A64, and I went in there a time or two. He was a top bloke, but always reckoned he should've managed Wednesday. I shudder att he thought.

David Hirst, if it wasn't for injuries I think he could have been better than shearer

He "was" better than Shearer.

If it wasn't for his injuries, Shearer would never had played for England.

Exept for being Hirst'ys sidekick.

Jack Witham was the first. Great player dogged by injury. I remember seeing him dribble round a keeper before kneeling down and heading the ball over the line. Absolute class!

The next was Roger Wilde - do they get cooler?

I was at Ecclesfield back then. Where did he live?

Can't remember the name of the street, its been 30+ years but it was quite close to Windmill Hill junior school, Paul Bradshaw used to live in the same

area and later Mel Sterland lived on Mackenzie Crescent the same road I lived on at the time.