Sheffield Wednesday player you first idolised...

I found it! 18m 30s in...

Watch Niclas Alexandersson POUND Man U (hard)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmKSRxjtmi4&feature=related

Thats a quality find. I remember Ian Wright scoring in that first game and I remember that victory over Man U too. Couldnt remember the second game where we won away at Spurs 3 nil and played some great football. Its amazing how you totally forget about some results, shows how much I took our Premier status for granted back in those days as a teenager.

I'll have to give the whole thing a watch later on. Re-enforces my belief that we can return to being a side that can give the real top sides a bloody nose from time to time.

Michael Reddy.

I went for the kit the day he went back. I only found out he'd gone when the women at the Wednesday shop told me, that was after my mum had asked for 'Reddy 37' on the back of the shirt.

Gutted i were! And there was no 'Q's left so I couldn't have Kuqi either!

The Maximo Park frontman reminds me of Reddy for some reason.

I remember him blasting one from 30 yards against Man Utd... Schmeichel dropped it and it went in. He was injured all the time but amazing when he played.

Has to be said Graham Hyde was one of my favourites too!

EDIT - If anybody has footage from the 3-1 win over Man U please post it up... 1998 season :)

Hyde was my hero as a kid then i too was a fan of alexandersson. A manure mate of mine still to this day doesnt believe me about schmeihe pretty much throwing it in the back of the net from st nics speculative effort so if anyone does have footage you can put an age old argument to bed for me!! Ive searched but never been able to find it!!

Guest nottsowl1971

roland nilsson for me,the way he used to warm up and his professionalism before and during a game. Top player and great advocate for the game

Hyde was my hero as a kid then i too was a fan of alexandersson. A manure mate of mine still to this day doesnt believe me about schmeihe pretty much throwing it in the back of the net from st nics speculative effort so if anyone does have footage you can put an age old argument to bed for me!! Ive searched but never been able to find it!!

As above... We have the proof... Make sure you view it quickly before Fergy requests it to be taken down.

My brother took me to my first match on Boxing day 1975, against Arsenal. The Owls won 4-0 and Alan Hickton scored a hat trick. He got sold soon afterwards to Middlesborough where he became a goal scoring machine. It had to be David Ford after he left.

Think you mean 1965 mate. You're older than you think!

Mine would be Jim McCalliog, later Tommy Craig, Eric Potts, Terry Curran, Zico etc.