Sheffield Wednesday player you first idolised...

I still remember the day I got Feeney 29 on the back of my shirt. Warren had it all; speed, skill, strength, hard in the tackle and not above extravagant (and multiple) goal celebrations. Legend. As soon as the club create the Warren Feeney wall of fame I'm buying every last brick.

Terry Curran I was in the Terry Curran fan club as well :-)

So was I. Still remember the photo of him in the studio 'Singing the Blues'. Although before him I used to wear my jogger's-nipple inducing Wednesday shirt and pretend I was Rodger Wylde.

Petter Rudi. Saw him score two goals at Upton Park and then another 2 goals at Ewood Park. Like a crap chris waddle but will always hold a soft spot in my heart.

'Like a crap Chris Waddle' should have been his official nickname with a t-shirt and everything.

:laugh:

has to be des walker. Can remember chanting ull never beat des walker at games when i was about 10. A proper legend probably the best centre half i have seen play. My cousin got some signed photos of him just after he had signed can remember offerin him just about everythin i owned for them but he wouldnt sell was gutted.

I never saw him play but Roland Nilsson. Mainly because my dad decided to make my middle name 'Nilsson' but from what I know, he was one of the greatest right backs in wednesday history. Got a signed frame thing of him on my wall holding the league cup and got a match worn Nilsson shirt.

Guest drburton

Des Walker with a close second of Chissy Waddle. I used to imitate him with one on ones with my best mate in primary school. I'd be des and he'd be waddle. I'll just say one thing

He NEVER beat Des Walker!

@drburton

Edited by drburton

My brother took me to my first match on Boxing day 1975, against Arsenal. The Owls won 4-0 and Alan Hickton scored a hat trick. He got sold soon afterwards to Middlesborough where he became a goal scoring machine. It had to be David Ford after he left.

Think you mean 1965 mate. You're older than you think!

Thanks for clearing that up. My memory is really bad but I don't remember (and couldn't imagine) us beating anybody 4-0 in 1975 let alone Arsenal. :biggrin:

For my two-penneth, there's a long-ish list but as the OP asked for the first it would have to be Andy Mac. We all wanted to be him when playing footie in the park.

Terry Curran first, especially after he had a kickabout with me and my mates on Old Hall School tennis courts in the early 80's, think he dated a woman from the area as she joined in also, ran all the way home to tell the family afterwards. After him probably Gary Bannister especially during his first season 81-82, terrific player and Mel Sterland and Imre Varadi during the 83-84 promotion season. Also admired Lee Chapman, not the greatest technically but brave as a lion and always guaranteed 20 a season.