Ive heard some crap over the years but....

Guest Deleted member

My OP was entirely directed at the assumption that MM has been 'found out' as someone who clearly has no knowledge of football (the words used last night)

Just something I wanted to get off my chest. I feel better now. This thread was just an opportunity to let it out, rather than addressing your post specifically.

:biggrin:

When we win it will be Megson's brilliant team that did it.

When we lose it will be that nasty Dave Jone and Mandaric's fault.

In my eyes Mandaric will always be a better chairman than Megson was a manager.

Last week I think he was generally upset and surprised at the backlash - hope he shoves it down some fans throat later this season.

As one of the posters highly critical of Mandaric for Megson's removal (although I should point out that not once did I call him silly names, tell him to sling his hook or otherwise embarrass myself with similar histrionics) I have nothing to apologise for as my comments remain as valid as I felt they were at the time I made them. For me, it was more about how it was handled, rather than the decision being taken in the first place.

Some people struggle to understand that opinions on complex matters don't necessarily have to occupy one of two polar opposites, with all evidence to the contrary being repelled and denied as anathema. Therefore, I am perfectly capable of still being able to accept that Megson's methods were attritional and confrontational, rather than stylish and composed. Indeed, I have been going on for weeks about the mess we have been in at the winger positions all season, how defensive we were when we had a lead and how we have been scraping our way to narrow victories with the obvious consequences if there is only a slight downturn in fortune.

I would also caution those who, caught up in there own short-term smugness, think that a single ninety minutes has suddenly transformed everything. Remember Alan Irvine winning four of his first five games in charge here? It was a disaster from that point on. That is not me refusing to let the memory of Megson go as there is little to be gained from that anyway, but simple pragmatic logic.

That said, last night was a great start, a much needed clean break, and with United faltering after the bullying we handed out to them, potentially the first steps on the road to a happy place. Come on!

Yup. the glass is definately half empty! God forbid we should ENJOY a game without thinking ' It wont last, doom, gloom'

... before last nights game someone was telling me that Mandaric has been found out as someone who knows nothing about football, the Megson sacking being absolute proof...

I wish I could have seen him after the game.

2 wingers (something we've ALL been banging on about for months), passing the ball around, playing it to the strikers on the ground, Madine looking fully motivated again, the team with freedom to play without being bawled out from the sidelines and pressure back on Utd in 2nd place

That'll do for me. Its a good start and I'm not getting carried away - but that was the best game Ive seen us play since Huddersfield at home.

We'll play better teams than Bury and get found out I suspect.

But I agree, I enjoyed last night and was best match since Huddersfield.

It's flippingterrifying watching Jones and Batth pass the ball to each other 20 yards from our goal line, and like I say, if we try that against the better sides in the division it could get messy.

We looked good up front and in midfield though. Very enjoyable night really.

Megson was a god and shouldn't have been sacked.

That said, MM did the right thing and I was glad to see the back of him.

Didn't want Dave Jones, but after one game it's clear he's our greatest ever manager, and will consistantly play amazing football.

I miss Sturrock though, and in a way Milan is worse than Dave Allen. He saved us though, so can do whatever he wants in my book, apart from sack Meggo. Apart from if he brings in Dave Jones.

Milan is also tight in the transfer market and didn't back Meggo, but he's chucked 20 million at us. Legend.

you are a genius.

lol

Yup. the glass is definately half empty! God forbid we should ENJOY a game without thinking ' It wont last, doom, gloom'

...last night was a great start, a much needed clean break, and with United faltering after the bullying we handed out to them, potentially the first steps on the road to a happy place. Come on!

:huh:

When we win it will be Megson's brilliant team that did it.

When we lose it will be that nasty Dave Jone and Mandaric's fault.

In my eyes Mandaric will always be a better chairman than Megson was a manager.

Last week I think he was generally upset and surprised at the backlash - hope he shoves it down some fans throat later this season.

Very true, he looked well stressed at the press conference.

It was sad to see how quickly people turned on him and how venomous some fans were on here towards him over the last week or so.

I know ultimately he is in it for the money but you can also see that he likes feeling part of a football clubs family and being the big man who gets things done.

Didn't want Dave Jones, but after one game it's clear he's our greatest ever manager, and will consistantly play amazing football.

I miss Sturrock though, and in a way Milan is worse than Dave Allen. He saved us though, so can do whatever he wants in my book, apart from sack Meggo. Apart from if he brings in Dave Jones.

Milan is also tight in the transfer market and didn't back Meggo, but he's chucked 20 million at us. Legend.

Brilliant...

Guest contango

... before last nights game someone was telling me that Mandaric has been found out as someone who knows nothing about football, the Megson sacking being absolute proof...

2 wingers (something we've ALL been banging on about for months), passing the ball around, playing it to the strikers on the ground, Madine looking fully motivated again, the team with freedom to play without being bawled out from the sidelines and pressure back on Utd in 2nd place

That'll do for me. Its a good start and I'm not getting carried away - but that was the best game Ive seen us play since Huddersfield at home.

Grandad totally agree, after watching us struggle against Chesterfield been calling for a change including on here, no wonder I get negged so much lol

Signed in just to +1 you for that post mate. Brilliant.

Edited by bobtheowl

Very true, he looked well stressed at the press conference.

It was sad to see how quickly people turned on him and how venomous some fans were on here towards him over the last week or so.

I know ultimately he is in it for the money but you can also see that he likes feeling part of a football clubs family and being the big man who gets things done.

Through everything we've been through as a club and as fans - last week was one of the most embarrassing times I've witnessed. Some of the vitriol was disgraceful. I was embarrassed myself that some of the people saying the bile supported the same club as I do.

I didn't agree with the decision, but some fans really needed to take a long hard look at themselves for some of the things said.

Do we go up in automatic spot this season?

Depends on how long DJ's honeymoon period lasts for.

It's that simple.

I see nothing to suggest that a Megson side wouldn't have got the same result last night, just not in the same fashion.

I'm confused, am I aloud to think the above, be a bit pissed at Megson's sacking, but still be 100% behind the new manager?

I think MOST fans were unhappy with the way it was done and the timing, i.e p!ssing on

the derby parade.

Fans (including myself) will forgive almost anything if the team they love is successful.

That's football.

And if we play nice stuff along the way then more the better.

From a fans perspective the good thing about MM is that to achieve his objectives

he HAS to make Sheffield Wednesday a success, which means his priority will always

be that...SUCCESS.

And if he's feeling unloved then he just needs to look at the ST sales for next year.

Do we go up in automatic spot this season?

Depends on how long DJ's honeymoon period lasts for.

It's that simple.

I see nothing to suggest that a Megson side wouldn't have got the same result last night, just not in the same fashion.

I'm confused, am I aloud to think the above, be a bit pissed at Megson's sacking, but still be 100% behind the new manager?

Sorry - but you cannot be serious with that. Unless you mean in getting the points on the board as opposed to the nature of the performance.

I'm still angry at the Megson sacking as it was wrong in my opinion. But some of the football we played last night was the best we've played for a long time - definitely seemed to be playing with a new lease of life. OK - yes could be a honeymoon period - but still

Great posts :milan:

Sorry - but you cannot be serious with that. Unless you mean in getting the points on the board as opposed to the nature of the performance.

I'm still angry at the Megson sacking as it was wrong in my opinion. But some of the football we played last night was the best we've played for a long time - definitely seemed to be playing with a new lease of life. OK - yes could be a honeymoon period - but still

That's exactly what I meant yes.

Megson and Jones are both too good for this division but probably go after their ultimate aim differently tactically wise.