Ive heard some crap over the years but....

Guest Deleted member

Do we go up in automatic spot this season?

Depends on how long DJ's honeymoon period lasts for.

It's that simple.

I see nothing to suggest that a Megson side wouldn't have got the same result last night, just not in the same fashion.

I'm confused, am I aloud to think the above, be a bit pissed at Megson's sacking, but still be 100% behind the new manager?

it is quite clear from last night that , much as Megson loved the club, he has bee holding us back with the style of play and the square pegs in round holes.

It proves that we DO have the players to play good football and we didn't have to resort to that attritional stuff to win games.

Megson would NOT have got us that result last night. Bury would have won in style while we huffed and puffed..

Edited by Beholder

Do we go up in automatic spot this season?

Depends on how long DJ's honeymoon period lasts for.

It's that simple.

I see nothing to suggest that a Megson side wouldn't have got the same result last night, just not in the same fashion.

I'm confused, am I aloud to think the above, be a bit pissed at Megson's sacking, but still be 100% behind the new manager?

Two goals in five games makes me think that was highly unlikely.

Through everything we've been through as a club and as fans - last week was one of the most embarrassing times I've witnessed. Some of the vitriol was disgraceful. I was embarrassed myself that some of the people saying the bile supported the same club as I do.

I didn't agree with the decision, but some fans really needed to take a long hard look at themselves for some of the things said.

Agreed.

it is quite clear from last night that , much as Megson loved the club, he has bee holdingus back with the style of play and the square pegs in round holes.

It proves that we DO have the players to play good football and we didn't have to resort to that attritional stuff to win games.

Megson would NOT have got us that result last night. Bury would have won in style while we huffed and puffed..

it is quite clear from last night that , much as Megson loved the club, he has bee holdingus back with the style of play and the square pegs in round holes.

It's easy to say that after one game.

put a new line manager in front of me and i'll work my nuts off in the first instance, but i'll probably revert to normal at some point.

Edited by salmonbones

Two goals in five games makes me think that was highly unlikely.

It's a matter of interpretation. For most of the season we have been scoring at a decent rate. It's only lately that we've been struggling in that department. And is it coincidental that it came at the same time as an improvement defensively?

It's easy to say that after one game.

put a new line manager in front of me and i'll work my nuts off in the first instance, but i'll probably revert to normal at some point.

bit pessamistic mate.

we are a good side.

It's gonna be a very enjoyable run in. I for one am glad i can stop being a negative poster and i don't have to criticise negative team selections anymore.

It's a matter of interpretation. For most of the season we have been scoring at a decent rate. It's only lately that we've been struggling in that department. And is it coincidental that it came at the same time as an improvement defensively?

In the five league games before last night we earned four points from fifteen.

What's betting a team not far away from us geographically sack their manager for falling into 3rd spot (I joked about this in another thread)

But, that is for arguments sake, with only 6 games to go.

Would it be argued that the chairman of that club genuinely doesn't have much noodle when it comes to running a football club correctly, for waiting too long to pull the trigger.

And lets be fair here, the squad and wagebill they have means an awful lot when it comes down to it.

Edited by salmonbones

Lets not pretend MM is some all seeing oracle of football - this is the man who brought in Vladmir Zajec and Alain Perrin into Portsmouth. It seems though he has learned from his mistakes - both appointments so far here have been proven, good quality managers.

bit pessamistic mate.

we are a good side.

It's gonna be a very enjoyable run in. I for one am glad i can stop being a negative poster and i don't have to criticise negative team selections anymore.

be patient i am sure you will be back to normal given time .......

[/b]

be patient i am sure you will be back to normal given time .......

you think?

what will i have to criticise if we are playing football?

I got brought up on big ron and the sublime stuff we had then. Hardly a surprise that i hated the hoofball poo and the constant favouring of graft over craft,

Guest OwlDownSouth

Megson was a god and shouldn't have been sacked.

That said, MM did the right thing and I was glad to see the back of him.

Didn't want Dave Jones, but after one game it's clear he's our greatest ever manager, and will consistantly play amazing football.

I miss Sturrock though, and in a way Milan is worse than Dave Allen. He saved us though, so can do whatever he wants in my book, apart from sack Meggo. Apart from if he brings in Dave Jones.

Milan is also tight in the transfer market and didn't back Meggo, but he's chucked 20 million at us. Legend.

This, good sir, is up there as one of the finest posts I've seen on this forum.

We'll play better teams than Bury and get found out I suspect. But I agree, I enjoyed last night and was best match since Huddersfield. It's flippingterrifying watching Jones and Batth pass the ball to each other 20 yards from our goal line, and like I say, if we try that against the better sides in the division it could get messy. We looked good up front and in midfield though. Very enjoyable night really.

Not in this division we won't. Look at the Pigs and Charlton, both try and get it down and they're top 2.

And if we go up we might even bring in some better players with it on the deck.

Maybe thats me getting a bit too carried away though lol

Guest totemowl
What's betting a team not far away from us geographically sack their manager for falling into 3rd spot (I joked about this in another thread)

But, that is for arguments sake, with only 6 games to go.

Would it be argued that the chairman of that club genuinely doesn't have much noodle when it comes to running a football club correctly, for waiting too long to pull the trigger.

And lets be fair here, the squad and wagebill they have means an awful lot when it comes down to it.

You mean the manager who was found out in a big game not so long ago, when he and their team ran out of ideas with a good 10 minutes to go. He's a good L1 manager (but not great).

I bet that chairman would love to be able to get rid and install Megson. Just the character needed for such a situation.

Guest wayne foster

Look at the teams in the relegation zone and our results against said teams. Thats why GM got sack