Ive heard some crap over the years but....

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

... before last nights game someone was telling me that Mandaric has been found out as someone who knows nothing about football, the Megson sacking being absolute proof...

I wish I could have seen him after the game.

2 wingers (something we've ALL been banging on about for months), passing the ball around, playing it to the strikers on the ground, Madine looking fully motivated again, the team with freedom to play without being bawled out from the sidelines and pressure back on Utd in 2nd place

That'll do for me. Its a good start and I'm not getting carried away - but that was the best game Ive seen us play since Huddersfield at home.

Megson was a god and shouldn't have been sacked.

That said, MM did the right thing and I was glad to see the back of him.

Didn't want Dave Jones, but after one game it's clear he's our greatest ever manager, and will consistantly play amazing football.

I miss Sturrock though, and in a way Milan is worse than Dave Allen. He saved us though, so can do whatever he wants in my book, apart from sack Meggo. Apart from if he brings in Dave Jones.

Milan is also tight in the transfer market and didn't back Meggo, but he's chucked 20 million at us. Legend.

See i backed Mandaric after he sacked Megson ,he knew something wasn't right with him and the squad after all he has owned around 6 football teams where as Owlstalkers haven't owned any.

If we continue to get results under Dave jones (or whoever else it may have been) i would call Milan 1- 0 Owlstalkers :milan:

Didn't want Dave Jones, but after one game it's clear he's our greatest ever manager, and will consistantly play amazing football.

I miss Sturrock though, and in a way Milan is worse than Dave Allen. He saved us though, so can do whatever he wants in my book, apart from sack Meggo. Apart from if he brings in Dave Jones.

Milan is also tight in the transfer market and didn't back Meggo, but he's chucked 20 million at us. Legend.

I think you summed it up quite well.

Guest bbutterfield

We scored 4 goals, and only conceded one. 4-1. Finally some entertainment. I'd rather we play football like this that grind out bore draws and 1-0 wins. Realistically we obviously won't win all our remaining games, but if we play like we did against Bury, we'll give ourselves an amazing chance of achieving automatic promotion.

How not to play? Just look at poor ol' Preston. 3 goals in 8 games for them and Westley already being booed. We should be thankful for Milan and Jones, and Megson's consolidation too gary megson

Edited by bbutterfield

There seem to be a lot of moaning posters missing this morning?????

They're like blunts. Suddenly seem to lose internet connection lol

There seem to be a lot of moaning posters missing this morning?????

They're like blunts. Suddenly seem to lose internet connection lol

Absolutely spot on.

As one of the posters highly critical of Mandaric for Megson's removal (although I should point out that not once did I call him silly names, tell him to sling his hook or otherwise embarrass myself with similar histrionics) I have nothing to apologise for as my comments remain as valid as I felt they were at the time I made them. For me, it was more about how it was handled, rather than the decision being taken in the first place.

Some people struggle to understand that opinions on complex matters don't necessarily have to occupy one of two polar opposites, with all evidence to the contrary being repelled and denied as anathema. Therefore, I am perfectly capable of still being able to accept that Megson's methods were attritional and confrontational, rather than stylish and composed. Indeed, I have been going on for weeks about the mess we have been in at the winger positions all season, how defensive we were when we had a lead and how we have been scraping our way to narrow victories with the obvious consequences if there is only a slight downturn in fortune.

I would also caution those who, caught up in there own short-term smugness, think that a single ninety minutes has suddenly transformed everything. Remember Alan Irvine winning four of his first five games in charge here? It was a disaster from that point on. That is not me refusing to let the memory of Megson go as there is little to be gained from that anyway, but simple pragmatic logic.

That said, last night was a great start, a much needed clean break, and with United faltering after the bullying we handed out to them, potentially the first steps on the road to a happy place. Come on!

Edited by DJMortimer

My favourite post of all time :)

As one of the posters highly critical of Mandaric for Megson's removal (although I should point out that not once did I call him silly names, tell him to sling his hook or otherwise embarrass myself with similar histrionics) I have nothing to apologise for as my comments remain as valid as I felt they were at the time I made them. For me, it was more about how it was handled, rather than the decision being taken in the first place.

Some people struggle to understand that opinions on complex matters don't necessarily have to occupy one of two polar opposites, with all evidence to the contrary being repelled and denied as anathema. Therefore, I am perfectly capable of still being able to accept that Megson's methods were attritional and confrontational, rather than stylish and composed. Indeed, I have been going on for weeks about the mess we have been in at the winger positions all season, how defensive we were when we had a lead and how we have been scraping our way to narrow victories with the obvious consequences if there is only a slight downturn in fortune.

I would also caution those who, caught up in there own short-term smugness, think that a single ninety minutes has suddenly transformed everything. Remember Alan Irvine winning four of his first five games in charge here? It was a disaster from that point on. That is not me refusing to let the memory of Megson go as there is little to be gained from that anyway, but simple pragmatic logic.

That said, last night was a great start, a much needed clean break, and with United faltering after the bullying we handed out to them, potentially the first steps on the road to a happy place. Come on!

I agree with some of your points, but you seem to double talk on others. I've always stated that Megson was wrong for our great club. Megson's passion was great, but it does not make you a good manager. You mentioned "how it was handled" Hmm, I would have let him go earlier as we struggled with leaking goals and unable to score many. You are correct in saying that you are entitled to your opinion as I'm correct in stating mine. The bottom line is that we are ALL Owls fans and wish the best for our great club, it's just how we get to the promised land. Let the red arrows begin!!

Guest Deleted member
As one of the posters highly critical of Mandaric for Megson's removal (although I should point out that not once did I call him silly names, tell him to sling his hook or otherwise embarrass myself with similar histrionics) I have nothing to apologise for as my comments remain as valid as I felt they were at the time I made them. For me, it was more about how it was handled, rather than the decision being taken in the first place. Some people struggle to understand that opinions on complex matters don't necessarily have to occupy one of two polar opposites, with all evidence to the contrary being repelled and denied as anathema. Therefore, I am perfectly capable of still being able to accept that Megson's methods were attritional and confrontational, rather than stylish and composed. Indeed, I have been going on for weeks about the mess we have been in at the winger positions all season, how defensive we were when we had a lead and how we have been scraping our way to narrow victories with the obvious consequences if there is only a slight downturn in fortune. I would also caution those who, caught up in there own short-term smugness, think that a single ninety minutes has suddenly transformed everything. Remember Alan Irvine winning four of his first five games in charge here? It was a disaster from that point on. That is not me refusing to let the memory of Megson go as there is little to be gained from that anyway, but simple pragmatic logic. That said, last night was a great start, a much needed clean break, and with United faltering after the bullying we handed out to them, potentially the first steps on the road to a happy place. Come on!

My OP was entirely directed at the assumption that MM has been 'found out' as someone who clearly has no knowledge of football (the words used last night)

Brilliant post...kind of sums up owlstalk over the last 5 years!