Ive heard some crap over the years but....

Guest Deleted member

When we win it will be Megson's brilliant team that did it.

When we lose it will be that nasty Dave Jone and Mandaric's fault.

In my eyes Mandaric will always be a better chairman than Megson was a manager.

Last week I think he was generally upset and surprised at the backlash - hope he shoves it down some fans throat later this season.

I don't think I've ever seen him so upset at any of the clubs he has run. I certainly hope that he has the opportunity to shove it back down fans throats (i.e. Promotion) but suspect he will have more class than to do so.

Not saying we would have won 4-1 and in the style we did last night under Megson but Antonio will make a huge diffence to this side, the player we have desperately needed for the last few months.

Guest kylejswfc

Megson was a god and shouldn't have been sacked.

That said, MM did the right thing and I was glad to see the back of him.

Didn't want Dave Jones, but after one game it's clear he's our greatest ever manager, and will consistantly play amazing football.

I miss Sturrock though, and in a way Milan is worse than Dave Allen. He saved us though, so can do whatever he wants in my book, apart from sack Meggo. Apart from if he brings in Dave Jones.

Milan is also tight in the transfer market and didn't back Meggo, but he's chucked 20 million at us. Legend.

This is one of the weirdest but at the same time most accurate posts I've ever read on here.

If Milan Mandaric knew he was going to be getting rid of Megson for whatever reason, backing him in the transfer market would have been stupid. I quite like the fact that he is being tight, or I prefer the term 'careful' with his transfer kitty.

If we can get ourselves out of this division on a shoe string budget, we may be in a far better position to go and do something next year, without the element of risking the clubs future making irrational moves this year.

I do however think that people will be vastly over estimating how much Milan does know about football. Like I say, this is just my opinion, but I feel his knowledge will be fairly limited. I think he has taken over at Wednesday because he has the chance to really go and achieve something MASSIVE with us given the right approach, and although I was gutted for Megson when he was sacked, I completely understand Milan's reasons for doing what he did, especially if the rumours of them not seeing eye to eye are true.

Milan will have wanted to bring in his own manager from the second he took over the club, however the performance of Megson's army meant that this wasn't really plausible. I always knew that it wouldn't take much for him to make changes. As chairman, we rely on him to make these big calls at the right time, and if we march on into second place come May he will become a god. That's to those of us whom he isn't already!!

Guest Big Guns

I keep thinking this thread title is I've heard some crap over the last 100 years...

..........Can you hear me .....

you think? what will i have to criticise if we are playing football? I got brought up on big ron and the sublime stuff we had then. Hardly a surprise that i hated the hoofball poo and the constant favouring of graft over craft,

I think I can safely say we would all love to see us playing good football like under big ron. But we were in the top division when ron took over and you have to go back as far as 1977 to look at how we got there in the first place. Jack Charlton turned the club around in the late 70s and it took him three years to get out of div 3. We then had 2 or 3 seasons in Div 2 before Wilkinson came in and got us promotion in 83/84. If that is what it takes to get us back into the Premier League then so be it. I would have backed Megson all the way just as I did Jack Charlton and Howard Wilkinson

I heard some crap as well last night from a old woman sat behind me on north stand constant whinging saying semedo is "terrible and useless" she was moaning when we were 3-0 up as well, then she told me and my mate off when we stood up a fraction of a second before LOWE scored and blocked her view, I'm 38 and felt like a told off school boy of 12

Do we go up in automatic spot this season?

Depends on how long DJ's honeymoon period lasts for.

It's that simple.

I see nothing to suggest that a Megson side wouldn't have got the same result last night, just not in the same fashion.

I'm confused, am I aloud to think the above, be a bit pissed at Megson's sacking, but still be 100% behind the new manager?

Disagree with you about last night. Under Meggo at 1-0 2nd half we would have gone negative and played too deep. Under DJ we kept pushing forward looking for more goals and it was also equal to the biggest win of the season.

This is one of the weirdest but at the same time most accurate posts I've ever read on here.

If Milan Mandaric knew he was going to be getting rid of Megson for whatever reason, backing him in the transfer market would have been stupid. I quite like the fact that he is being tight, or I prefer the term 'careful' with his transfer kitty.

If we can get ourselves out of this division on a shoe string budget, we may be in a far better position to go and do something next year, without the element of risking the clubs future making irrational moves this year.

I do however think that people will be vastly over estimating how much Milan does know about football. Like I say, this is just my opinion, but I feel his knowledge will be fairly limited. I think he has taken over at Wednesday because he has the chance to really go and achieve something MASSIVE with us given the right approach, and although I was gutted for Megson when he was sacked, I completely understand Milan's reasons for doing what he did, especially if the rumours of them not seeing eye to eye are true.

Milan will have wanted to bring in his own manager from the second he took over the club, however the performance of Megson's army meant that this wasn't really plausible. I always knew that it wouldn't take much for him to make changes. As chairman, we rely on him to make these big calls at the right time, and if we march on into second place come May he will become a god. That's to those of us whom he isn't already!!

You seem to be forgetting Megson was Milan's man! For that reason I suspect he knows more about football than you do (and to be fair most of us here)!

Edited by Utah Owl

Megson was a god and shouldn't have been sacked.

That said, MM did the right thing and I was glad to see the back of him.

Didn't want Dave Jones, but after one game it's clear he's our greatest ever manager, and will consistantly play amazing football.

I miss Sturrock though, and in a way Milan is worse than Dave Allen. He saved us though, so can do whatever he wants in my book, apart from sack Meggo. Apart from if he brings in Dave Jones.

Milan is also tight in the transfer market and didn't back Meggo, but he's chucked 20 million at us. Legend.

Err -- I think I follow . Are you drunk ? I think I agree, not sure ?

Fickle bunch aren't we

:milan:

I wouldn't say so...fvckinell nearly 18000 against Bury on a cold Tuesday night with the champs league on the telly....I think Wednesday fans are among the most loyal in the country.....and its so bloody easy to criticise the last incumbent because we won a game 4-1...

All this... "I told you so stuff".. about Megson is easy cut and paste crap you could use for Laws Shreeves, Yorath, Ashurst, Irvine Turner...ad bloody nauseum...

I could start slagging Jones off today...and be right eventually...thats so fookin' easy to do...

Wednesday go through managers like tissues at a W8nkin' contest...So you are going to be right eventually...

Maybe Megson took us as far as he could..I don't bloody know I'm simply a supporter....We all spout tactics on here, but lets be honest the vast majority of us know nowt...bar how to turn up and shout....thats all we have to do...and we do that well...the rest is totally out of our hands...

Fickle?..maybe we are with our opinions, but thats only because the situation is so bloody fluid as regards players and managers at Hillsborough that its hard to bloody keep up....

So its Davy Jones barmy army now....I'm fine with that...and I thought the football played last night was miles better than Megsons stuff...no arguement...But..

I did not know that at the time of Megsons sacking..So I and others were afraid that a lot of good work may go to waste...thats not fickle..its fvckin' frightened...

I do not give a flyer about being proven wrong as long as it benefits Wednesday...water off a ducks back that is..

Ive been halfway through a Boo once when Colin Prophet tried a fookin' header from near enough the halfway line against 'Boro...it went in...So I cheered..it sums me up...I'm not fookin' bothered