Errrrrrrrr

Guest Big Guns

It's only one game and one result against Bury at home.

Just saying, like.

For Big Guns and the Realist, maybe this is a time when those of us who live overseas and can't go can have a bit more perspective than those who were in attendance?

Are you a megson lover

Move on the days of hoof are over

It's the era of total football

Get over it.

If the team keeps playing like that then we'll be happy little clappers lauding DJ as the new messiah.

1 defeat though at it'll be all doom and gloom again.

Good performance and good to see the ball on the deck and nice to see us looking dangerous in open play and creating chances. More of the same please!

It is only one game yes, and one game is all it took Dave Jones to achieve the sort of performance gary megson couldn't achieve in one year, and he did it with Megsons own players.

To be fair we have played like that many times with Marshall in the side , Megson only had Antonio for 1 game and we won that one , can't remember who it was against though .

Guest intercity0wl

If the team keeps playing like that then we'll be happy little clappers lauding DJ as the new messiah.

1 defeat though at it'll be all doom and gloom again.

Good performance and good to see the ball on the deck and nice to see us looking dangerous in open play and creating chances. More of the same please!

To be honest i dont think creating chances has been the problem, for example we created many more chances last night than the four we took. and at the other end a better team than Bury would have scord more than the one they got.

Along way to go yet but here's hoping we continue to just keep scoring more than the opposition, would be a good end to the season then.

It is only one game but in that one game (against a half decent League 1 side) we played some very good football and looked a totally different animal to the rubbish Megson was serving up most weeks before the derby. The front two linked up well, we passed the ball well, the keeper was distributing the ball from the back, we created a number of chances, and played a decent mixture of football. We never hammered anyone under Megson and we scored 4 and cruised the game last night. If that is a taster of what is to come I'm very excited and it shows why Milan made the decision he did.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

To be honest i dont think creating chances has been the problem, for example we created many more chances last night than the four we took. and at the other end a better team than Bury would have scord more than the one they got.

Along way to go yet but here's hoping we continue to just keep scoring more than the opposition, would be a good end to the season then.

The point is the strikers were not playing with their backs to goal or under physical pressure when the ball is in the mix with centrebacks from both sides in a melee.

The ball was played into space behind the defence allowing those that can strike a ball being allowed more time to slot it away - the chances created in a conjested area tend to be ****** shots or bundling the ball into the back of the net.

Antonio could have had three or four last night.

Edited by Briscoe Inferno

In a very short time DJones has recognised that this squad has football in it. Antonio has made a difference but we had JJ and Jones, so Meggo could have played with 2 wingers at least as his plan B.

Didn't go last night so can't really comment on players individually but the score board does not lie. The solution to Meggos problems were under his nose all the time he just couldn't see it.

Megson might have only had Antonio for 1 game, but he's had Mike Jones for a lot longer, and he consistently played O'Grady and Madine upfront together. I loved Megson, but last night showed we truely can play football throughout the whole game.

As for it only being Bury, is this the same Bury that were 3-0 behind against Huddersfield and pulled it back to 3-3? Bury played some good football last night and it surprises me that they are as low as they are.

At least we seem to have exploded the myth that these players can't play football. A lot of us believed all that was needed was for them to be encouraged to do so. Having now pegged United back, though second place is still theirs to lose, I hope we don't take our foot off the gas. Basically we still have a group of players brought in by the previous manager to play a certain way and although they've shown they're not as one dimensional as many thought, we do need new blood Two or three new editions now to the squad helping to push the new managers footballing ethos, could help us nail second place. Having made such an impressive start, I hope the chairman doesn't think, we may be able to do this with the players we have.

Guest pops55

Are you a megson lover

Move on the days of hoof are over

It's the era of total football

Get over it.

How the flip do you know according to your post last night you said you couldn't be arsed to go.

Guest totemowl

Imo we got an early goal which settled things down. When we got the second that gave the players more license to play and they took it against a pretty poor side.

If we'd got an early goal from several good chances against Stevenage I reckon that could easily have gone the same way.

what was I most impressed by? We took our chances instead of fluffing them. Antonio was obviously key to that but perhaps the new manager has calmed nerves or added a bit of confidence.

Madine was a great playmaker up front.

And we've been waiting months to beat a team by that margin. The type of result that's needed to give a team added confidence during a promotion push.

It may be only game, but DJ did the thing that GM should have done many games ago - play with two wingers. This league is poor, and alot of the teams or there for the taking.

It was music to my ears last night to hear DJ say after the game that he likes to play the game with 2 out and out wingers on the pitch.

There was also alot more to the 'tweaks' than DJ let on. Played football out from the back, and not launching balls into the box at every opportunity. Our 3rd goal was fantastic football.

I loved everything about last night - fantastic start DJ.

Edited by owlZfan84