Errrrrrrrr

It amazes me that people say it is only one game yet when it came to defending Megson all they could muster was that one game against United.

The United game was just another game and just another three points, last night was the same.

gotta say i am enjoying reading owlstalk today . lol

Of course a win is a win, but when you play games against teams where the points gap can either be halved or doubled there is an added importance. Prime example last night was Forest vs Doncaster - Forest won, Doncaster would have been 9 points behind and relegated, but Doncaster won and the gap is just 3 points and now Doncaster have a great chance of survival. Had Doncaster's game been against West Ham, the importance wouldn't have been anywhere near as great.

Kind of puts the Huddersfield game into perspective then eh?

Of course a win is a win, but when you play games against teams where the points gap can either be halved or doubled there is an added importance. Prime example last night was Forest vs Doncaster - Forest won, Doncaster would have been 9 points behind and relegated, but Doncaster won and the gap is just 3 points and now Doncaster have a great chance of survival. Had Doncaster's game been against West Ham, the importance wouldn't have been anywhere near as great.

Yes it would have! Psychologically you could argue a case but the hard facts are if Donny had beaten West Ham and Forest lost to A.N.Other team they would be in the same position as they are having beaten Forest.

Yes it would have! Psychologically you could argue a case but the hard facts are if Donny had beaten West Ham and Forest lost to A.N.Other team they would be in the same position as they are having beaten Forest.

So, you don't see any added importance in single games that could involve a 6-point swing?

Oh, and Doncaster wouldn't have beaten West Ham at Upton Park, so the gap would be double what it is this morning regardless of Forest's result! lol

Guest Big Guns

How the flip do you know according to your post last night you said you couldn't be arsed to go.

another thicko you only had to look at the line up to know we wernt going to be hoofing it

:tango: :tango:

Are you a megson lover

Move on the days of hoof are over

It's the era of total football

Get over it.

BG, I was disappointed by the Megson decision, but my point last night was the reaction to the game felt a little hysterical when assessed from an office in the US.

It is only one game but in that one game (against a half decent League 1 side) we played some very good football and looked a totally different animal to the rubbish Megson was serving up most weeks before the derby. The front two linked up well, we passed the ball well, the keeper was distributing the ball from the back, we created a number of chances, and played a decent mixture of football. We never hammered anyone under Megson and we scored 4 and cruised the game last night. If that is a taster of what is to come I'm very excited and it shows why Milan made the decision he did.

Yep, Dave fixed it for us. lol:tango:

Guest Deleted member

To be fair we have played like that many times with Marshall in the side , Megson only had Antonio for 1 game and we won that one , can't remember who it was against though .

Are we saying that Antonio was a Megson signing then? And all the Bostock types were ones he had no involvement in?

lol

Guest pops55

another thicko you only had to look at the line up to know we wernt going to be hoofing it

:tango: :tango:

I suppose you've got a point, but i had you down as a die hard supporter not a part timer, you've gone dowm in my estimation if that means anything.

Guest Big Guns

I suppose you've got a point, but i had you down as a die hard supporter not a part timer, you've gone dowm in my estimation if that means anything.

I'm not allowed out after dark week days

But I have bought next years season ticket if that means anything.

Guest pops55

I'm not allowed out after dark week days

But I have bought next years season ticket if that means anything.

Well done so have i.

Guest Big Guns

Well done so have i.

I went to rochdale and Im going to Notts county

I've missed 4 home games this season..

Guest pops55

I went to rochdale and Im going to Notts county

I've missed 4 home games this season..

You're slowly but surely re-couping your pops estimation points :biggrin:

Edited by pops55

Guest Big Guns

You're slowly but surely re-couping your pops estimation points :biggrin:

Thank flip for that I wouldn't have been able to sleep tnite :)

Havent time to read all this but...

It was a good performance but it was against BURY, we may not have looked so slick against a better team - having said that I am sure, once the players are used to actually passing the ball again, we may see some lovely football, lets hope it's not at the expense of promotion.

Havent time to read all this but...

It was a good performance but it was against BURY, we may not have looked so slick against a better team - having said that I am sure, once the players are used to actually passing the ball again, we may see some lovely football, lets hope it's not at the expense of promotion.

Like a team that pulled back a three goal deficit against huddersfield, that would have been a hard game