Errrrrrrrr

It may be one game but for those in attendance last night, you cannot underestimate the dramatic change in style, movement and attitude.

There are many elements to work on without doubt but compared to the dross we have seen for most of this season, we looked very good indeed AND did not start defending the lead too early, wanted more goals and cruised out the game knocking the ball around looking very comfortable.

Guest totemowl
It may be only game, but DJ did the thing that GM should have done many games ago - play with two wingers. This league is poor, and alot of the teams or there for the taking.

It was music to my ears last night to hear DJ say after the game that he likes to play the game with 2 out and out wingers on the pitch.

There was also alot more to the 'tweaks' than DJ let on. Played football out from the back, and not launching balls into the box at every opportunity. Our 3rd goal was fantastic football.

I loved everything about last night - fantastic start DJ.

Two wingers. Like Marshall and Jones against Charlton? That didn't work, but onlybecause Jones wasn't quite ready.

Tbf on Megson he didn't have that many opportunities to play two wingers, without severely sacrificing our resilience. Think JJ and Sedgewick.

Guest intercity0wl

Big Guns never goes!

Now thats slightly unfair, he does go, that is except when its too cold, too dark, too expensive, Its unglamorous opposition, or its on Telly

I know it's done and dusted now but why oh why couldn't the previous manager let his side play like that? That was the way he supposedly played during his time at West Brom Like I said, it's over now, but for a man who was sat in his dream job, why did he stubbornly refuse to help himself?

I think Milan will feel like the cat that got the cream this morning. On last nights performance it seems he made the right decision and obviously knows a bit about football and how to make a club successful. But it was just one game so we'll have to see how things transpire. For me the biggest difference last night was the players seemed to believe in the system and tactics. Even he it's just the new manager effect it could well breed enough confidence and momentum to get us over the finish line :)

Guest Big Guns

Now thats slightly unfair, he does go, that is except when its too cold, too dark, too expensive, Its unglamorous opposition, or its on Telly

That's right compared to most on he

re that's every week

If I've got to explain myself I've missed 4 home games this season....

And I've not missed any cos I've got a cold

Two wingers. Like Marshall and Jones against Charlton? That didn't work, but onlybecause Jones wasn't quite ready.

Tbf on Megson he didn't have that many opportunities to play two wingers, without severely sacrificing our resilience. Think JJ and Sedgewick.

They had 45 minutes together against the league's runaway leaders.

Edited by owlZfan84

Guest intercity0wl

That's right compared to most on he

re that's every week

If I've got to explain myself I've missed 4 home games this season....

And I've not missed any cos I've got a cold

Ooops i forgot about my Man flue absence :tango:

Guest Buxtonian

Couldn't get last night due to prior engagement, and absolutely PISSED OFF. It sounds as though we played the ball on the ground, something we have only been doing in patches, and something I've advocated for yonks.Despite having to leave early on Sat, I shall be there.

It's only one game and one result against Bury at home.

Just saying, like.

For Big Guns and the Realist, maybe this is a time when those of us who live overseas and can't go can have a bit more perspective than those who were in attendance?

This league is full of Bury's - they were better than a number of teams we've struggled against this season and one we've been thumped by at their place!

Maybe you had to be there, but it was like night and day - even from games we've won at home. We carried a threat constantly and from every area of the pitch. Under Megson (even in the Derby) we only felt dangerous from corners, throw ins and set-pieces from the wide positions. Last night when we had possession going forward there were always 2 or 3 options for the man on the ball.

It amazes me that people say it is only one game yet when it came to defending Megson all they could muster was that one game against United.

The United game was just another game and just another three points, last night was the same.

What he said.

It's that kind of attitude that allowed clubs like Exeter and Chesterfield to take three points of us respectfully.

A win is a win.

Of course a win is a win, but when you play games against teams where the points gap can either be halved or doubled there is an added importance. Prime example last night was Forest vs Doncaster - Forest won, Doncaster would have been 9 points behind and relegated, but Doncaster won and the gap is just 3 points and now Doncaster have a great chance of survival. Had Doncaster's game been against West Ham, the importance wouldn't have been anywhere near as great.