Which players will Dave Jones more of a chance?

Spot on Beevers at his best is easily one of our best players

the facts for me are megson's two holding midfield players were in there to try and stem the gap caused by our slow backline defending so deep...

anyone wanting to free up a midfielder has to bring the backline up the field...

this may create an opportunity for beevers...

Guest thekelch

Load of rubbish lines as never got above,average

When cokes played well he's miles better than lines

BG - I never understand what you've got against Lines so much. You don't want us to play "hoof ball" but Lines is one of the few players in the team who gets the ball and play short simple passes, he rarely gives the ball away and takes a decen set pieces. If we're going to radically alter our style as you want, surely this is what it will look like and he'll play a key part?

next season is the the time to experiment - not with 13 games to go. We haven't got much strength in depth so if DJ can develop the yoof then all well and good. The regular starting side under Megson is good enough - just haven't been consistent. With the rocket up their arses that a new manager brings then we can get up with what we've got.

the facts for me are megson's two holding midfield players were in there to try and stem the gap caused by our slow backline defending so deep...

anyone wanting to free up a midfielder has to bring the backline up the field...

this may create an opportunity for beevers...

I think your bang on here. I can see it bringing Reynolds into the frame rather than Beevers, though.

Guest Arnie

Reynolds should be given a chance , he joined us at a bad time, Madine and Reda have shone in better times and M Morrison is a regular at Charlton so we shouldn't write anyone off, the whole team struggled last season.

Coke maybe, depends on his form for Bury. Palmer and Bostock could benefit if Jones does play a more passing game.

Beavers I'm not sure about, how did he do out on loan?

Dave Jones was impressed with Lines during the Morcambe game on ESPN.

I think the main candidate is Giles Coke. Although he's not necessarily the answer to all our ills, I think he couldve done a better job out wide than some of the others we've tried.

They're all crap.

Apart from Palmer, but then he rarely delivers - so I would get him out on loan.

There not crap with exception of Jones I'd have coke, beevers and Palmer at least playing more of a part, can remember at least one occasion early this season

when Palmer and madine linked up well and I thought I saw the future

Coke is a bang average league one player. The obsession with him (still) amazes me.

Lines is by far the better player.

THIS!!!!

Coke has one good month when he first gets here last season and some fans think he's the dogs bo11ox regardless of the fact he's done little else since then.

I'm looking forward to see if DJ can get the best out of Madine. When on form he's arguably one of the best strikers in the division but keeping him focussed for a long period is something it seems Megson was unable to do. If a few tweaks here and there by the new manager can get him back amongst the goals then we could still yet see a late push for that second spot.

Guest Miketyson2007

I'd expect that Reynolds and Llera might get more of a chance - Jobes may favour ball playing defenders, Bostock may be given a shot in the middle.

I think it is more interesting to consider the tactical changes. How did Cardiff play under Jones?

Llera is div 2 at best a liability

Coke gives away the ball to easily, he is great at breaking with the ball, but when he looses it he often fails to track back. That is the simple reason he got the shuff.

I think Beevers days are numbered to Dave Jones does not risk youngsters.

Out of contracts for end of season are:

Sedge, Clinton, Beevers, Bywater, Semi, Palmer