Megson lodges complaint about Mandaric

Guest mozzyblue

Looking at it from from MM's point of view.

Gave the Manager a mandate of automatic promotion. Nothing less was acceptable.

In MM's view he has more than backed GM.

Defeat today makes automatic very unlikely.

Hence looking at his options.

All the ginger one has to do is win.

Sacking managers over the last 10 - 15 years has got us really far hasn't it? I wonder what would happen if we stood by one for once?

I think that theres a fine line though. I personally beleive that its not the sacking of the managers that has cost us, its the timings of the sackings. There have been a good few managers who should have been sacked well before they were, quite often the damage has been done before the manager has been sacked. Once or twice our season has been virtually wasted by hanging on to a clearly useless manager.

On the other hand, one or two managers were sacked too early, without being given any financial backing or even been given a chance to prove themselves. (Sturrock, Paul Jewell and Brian Laws spring to mind)

A manager agrees objectives with the chairman and if they are failing these targets then the axe should rightly fall.

Edited by Miffed

If this is true then I have lost a lot of respect in Mandaric. Maybe it's something that happens a lot in football but Megson deserves a bit of credit for the turnaround he's done so far with very little money. If all is true then it is probably a good move my Megson reporting it before he has actually been sacked so it doesn't look like sour grapes. Then again it might be all absolute bowlacks and a scummy paper feeding off more rumours and wanting to sell a few more papers

Edited by Chris200583

Guest LittonOwl

Hope he doesn't go, I like GM. Best manager we have had in years. Shame he was not really supported in the January transfer window when everything was looking rosey

If true that's really sad, he might as well go now if Manderic has already started looking. I can't understand the logic, I know we want immediate success but that doesn't mean we've got a god given right to rocket all the way to the top unchallenged.

I wasn't a fan if appointing megson originally but I can't see how he's done anything wrong. We are progressing. To be sacked for losing a few is disgraceful - we will lose game from time to times regardless of who is in charge.

Sacking managers over the last 10 - 15 years has got us really far hasn't it? I wonder what would happen if we stood by one for once?

Agree with both posts above. Never given the support that was needed in either the summer or January for an automatic push so will be hugely disappointed in Manadaric if does get rid of him.

Looking at it from from MM's point of view.

Gave the Manager a mandate of automatic promotion. Nothing less was acceptable.

In MM's view he has more than backed GM.

Defeat today makes automatic very unlikely.

Hence looking at his options.

All the ginger one has to do is win.

But he wasn't supported really

Guest JC Saviour

All these sodding rumours which have suddenly appeared will not have been initiated from the Wednesday camp or anyone associated with them. This is just another tactic from those filthy bastewrds at S2. They are literally sh8tting themselves over this match. I don't know one piggy fan (the ones who I do know) feel confident. It looks as though most of their eggs are in one basket and it is uncertain whether he is fit, (McDonald). Yes Ched is a threat, but McD is their provider.

They will try and pull any devious tactic when they know their backs are against the wall. Look at past history, Tevez, the match against WBA when Megson was in charge. So on and so on.

Come Wednesday, lets beat the tw8ts fair and square.

In fairness I will stick up for MM here, if he has decided Gary is going then it is a must to have someone else lined up straight away. We only have 14 games left after today and still in with a shout of promotion through the play off's, therefore a drawn out recruitment process would hurt us.

Personally I would have given GM until the summer to see if he can achieve his objective but if a change is needs (and after all Milan is in charge) then so be it. I just want us to be successful.

Milan Manderic made it pretty clear when he took over that he wouldnt be spashing out millions of pounds to get us out of this division. Just because we are debt free, doesnt mean we should go wasting money.

Manderic said that you get out of this division by spending a small amount. When the club is making more profit in an higer division then you spend bigger amounts.

We made a loss last season for being in this league, Mandaric has spent enough money not only buying the club, but he gave Irvine plenty of cash and I believe that Megson HAS been backed.

Megson knew the score when he took over. Get promoted without spending big. Milan said that loan players would be a major factor in promotion and if you remember when he was in charge of Leicester, they had a lot of loan players under Milans ownership.

Guest JC Saviour

...not read the 'rumour' but does anyone honestly think GM would do this before todays game?...total and utter bullshite...

Totally agree. We don't have to be Einsteins to know where this as originated from.

From what i heard from someone within the club,megson was calling mandaric all the names under the the sun in their meeting on monday and then subsequently stormed out. Theres 2 sides to every story and IF megson did behave like that in the meeting then theres only one winner in this,my opinion is win or lose today megsons a gonner and i reckon MM didn`t sack him midweek due to the game today and did`nt want to upset the applecart leading up to our biggest game of the season.

...not read the 'rumour' but does anyone honestly think GM would do this before todays game?...total and utter bullshite...

Agreed.

I don't know who is spreading and fuelling this rumour and they obviously have there own agenda, but it's rumbleing pathetic.

Not a chance would Megson, any of his representatives, the club or Wednesdayites would leak any of that crap on Derby Day.

(I have a very good idea what set of c*nts might though)

Probably this, but still unsettling.

mandaric hasnt got a clue, said it all along

he promised to spend big but hes undermined the manager all season by not putting his money where his mouth is

our squad is garbage because weve had to rely on freebies and loans

megson goes, we wont make the playoffs

Milan Manderic made it pretty clear when he took over that he wouldnt be spashing out millions of pounds to get us out of this division. Just because we are debt free, doesnt mean we should go wasting money.

Manderic said that you get out of this division by spending a small amount. When the club is making more profit in an higer division then you spend bigger amounts.

We made a loss last season for being in this league, Mandaric has spent enough money not only buying the club, but he gave Irvine plenty of cash and I believe that Megson HAS been backed.

Megson knew the score when he took over. Get promoted without spending big. Milan said that loan players would be a major factor in promotion and if you remember when he was in charge of Leicester, they had a lot of loan players under Milans ownership.

total gonads.

We are in a position relative to our wage bill if Milan wants out of this division he should have backed Megson a) in the summer by getting Mellor then b) in the january transfer window.

We wouldnt have had to get into debt as i know some of you will neg this but the addition of 2 to 3 quality players ie Mellor,Alf and a winger to this exsisting group of players would have secured promotion and guaranteed bigger crowds and more revenue.