James Tavernier and Miguel Llera OFFICIALLY SIGN

Guest bwp is god

Charlton fan in peace here, Llera's an interesting one. I think most people at the club wouldn't have minded keeping him as back up before the season began. Now we have Morrison and Taylor who are, not being bitter, definately better for us, so people arnt too bothered about him any more. Our defensive record surely shows this! However on his day Llera can be a very solid centre back, and is huge as well, so naturally pretty good in the air. He also has pretty good ability on the ball, and has the abilty to ping some delightful passes! However his huge weakness is his concentration. He has the abilty to be playing very well, but then make an absolute howler and gift the opposition a goal. He's not a bad back up player, but if he was starting regularly for you I would be personally be delighted, and you probably shouldnt be too happy!!

Tavernia I have no idea about, only time ive seen him is when BWP and Wiggins tore him to shreds when we beat them 4-0 :tongue:

Charlton fan in peace here, Llera's an interesting one. I think most people at the club wouldn't have minded keeping him as back up before the season began. Now we have Morrison and Taylor who are, not being bitter, definately better for us, so people arnt too bothered about him any more. Our defensive record surely shows this! However on his day Llera can be a very solid centre back, and is huge as well, so naturally pretty good in the air. He also has pretty good ability on the ball, and has the abilty to ping some delightful passes! However his huge weakness is his concentration. He has the abilty to be playing very well, but then make an absolute howler and gift the opposition a goal. He's not a bad back up player, but if he was starting regularly for you I would be personally be delighted, and you probably shouldnt be too happy!!

Tavernia I have no idea about, only time ive seen him is when BWP and Wiggins tore him to shreds when we beat them 4-0 :tongue:

ITS MAGIC YOU KNOW... YOULL NEVER GET PAST SEMEDO.

Guest bwp is god

I think your getting the wrong end of the stick slightly when saying with the whole 'charlton fans think semedo is rubbish' stuff'. In semedos' time with us, he was loved, surely the way we reacted when you substituted him against us shows this. When semedo was with us, he was playing in a terrible team, lacking in any sort of creativity. Now surely you guys can all agree that Semedo isnt the most creative player around, and this lack of creativity made him a bit of a scapegoat for us last season. No one is saying he's not a good player, our style of play is just better suited without him. Danny Hollands this season has done the semedo role, as well as getting forward a lot more than semedo ever did, and that is why we arnt too fussed about losing him.

I think your getting the wrong end of the stick slightly when saying with the whole 'charlton fans think semedo is rubbish' stuff'. In semedos' time with us, he was loved, surely the way we reacted when you substituted him against us shows this. When semedo was with us, he was playing in a terrible team, lacking in any sort of creativity. Now surely you guys can all agree that Semedo isnt the most creative player around, and this lack of creativity made him a bit of a scapegoat for us last season. No one is saying he's not a good player, our style of play is just better suited without him. Danny Hollands this season has done the semedo role, as well as getting forward a lot more than semedo ever did, and that is why we arnt too fussed about losing him.

We know we know. Just a bit of BANTER.

And he still got player of the season.

Not bad for a scapegoat lol

Guest bwp is god

And bluesteel I never said he was poor. Surely from my post you can see that. Theres a good player in there, the problem is with him theres also too many howlers that come with him. I was purely coming too give you guys an insight, not cause any arguments. As ive said, Llera is a good bloke to have as back up, when he starts starting more regularly, be worried.

And he still got player of the season.

Not bad for a scapegoat lol

Shows how terrible we were last season!! :tongue:

And bluesteel I never said he was poor. Surely from my post you can see that. Theres a good player in there, the problem is with him theres also too many howlers that come with him. I was purely coming too give you guys an insight, not cause any arguments. As ive said, Llera is a good bloke to have as back up, when he starts starting more regularly, be worried.

We would have probably said the same about Michael Morrison in fairness.

He won't 'start starting regularly', considering the fact we have 5 defernders Buxton, R Jones, D Jones, Otsemobor and Beevers unavailable for whatever reason it suggests he won't be first choice when the better ones get back.

We would have probably definitely said the same about Michael Morrison in fairness.

The description you gave of him is close to how some people described Reda Johnson, who under Megson has come on leaps and bounds.

hes proven you can coach discipline and concentration into players, im not sure on whether hes going to get much game time in front of who we have, but i trust megsons judgement.

it also sounds like semedo has become a better player with us than he was with you, that happens in football sometimes. BWP has been the same with you, because he had been pretty rubbish at some other clubs.

Shows how terrible we were last season!! :tongue:

Not you, but we had a load of Charlton fans on here the other week saying how poor he was.

just a note on the number of loans we are allowed to have, if Marshall is going to stay his loan will have to become a permanent signing, which reduces the number of loanees down either way...

If Buxton is back fit then Tavernier probably wont stay so that would free a loan space in January.