James Tavernier and Miguel Llera OFFICIALLY SIGN

I think we need a winger most of all, and have done for a while. I'm pleased with these signings, a right back was a must if Buxton is out for any length of time at all. But I really do think we need a winger. The threat on the "O'connor" side is non existent, teams literally can play with a third forward on that side as there is no danger of much if any forward movement, which makes Marshall's job twice as hard.

Just a thought on if we bring in another loan signing (winger?) Before Thursday that would leave us with 6 possible first team players as loan signings -

Bywater, Batth, Marshall, Llera, Tavernier, new winger...

I know this has been discussed earlier on in the thread, but 6 first team loan signings is a no-go...right?

2 astute signings from Megson

i'm so glad we've got mandaric's spending power on board now

would this have ever happened in previous years with our tight purse strings. i very much doubt it

Llera will be a good player at this level no doubt about that. Cant comment on Tavs but the squad is shaping up very nicely indeed

i'm loving the fact we're bringing in players and improving the squad all the time

Guest James-The-Owl

2 astute signings from Megson

i'm so glad we've got mandaric's spending power on board now

would this have ever happened in previous years with our tight purse strings. i very much doubt it

Llera will be a good player at this level no doubt about that. Cant comment on Tavs but the squad is shaping up very nicely indeed

i'm loving the fact we're bringing in players and improving the squad all the time

Mr Blackwell? Is that you?

lol

Seriously though looks like two decent signings on the face of it, wonder if they'll get as much game time as David Kasnik.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Anybody else noticed how Megson is choosing to do his business before the New Year (I think we will see a winger in before the end of the week). I myself cant see many incomings in January, if things go to plan, other than the permanent signing or Llera and the loan extensions of current players. I see this as good management because, in doing so, Megson is tieing deals up before the mad rush in the January window. In addition, bringing in the new players now, not only aids our heavy fixture list, but also allows the new recruits the opportunity to bond with their team-mates over the festive celebrations (ie Players Christmas 'do', etc). Then, the only business for us to do in January will be to bring in a player who all ready knows the club- a certain Neil Mellor- whilst allowing a certain Clinton Morrison to depart.

Looks like Captain Megson is developing a happy ship. By the turn of the New Year, we should be well on course!

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Anybody else noticed how Megson is choosing to do his business before the New Year. I now cant see many incomings in January, if things go to plan, other than the permanent signing or Llera and the loan extensions of current players. Also, It's a good time to bring in players as it not only aids our heavy fixture list, but also allows the new players the opportunity to bond with their team-mates over the festive celebrations (ie Players Christmas 'do', etc). Then, the only business to do in January will be to bring in a player who all ready knows the club- a certain Neil Mellor- whilst allowing a certain Clinton Morrison to depart.

Looks like Captain Megson is developing a happy ship. By the turn of the New Year, we should be well on course!

I think you're right, we do need a couple of others to perhaps "bench warm" as the bad weather is on its way and bad injuries seem follow cap in hand.