Sheffield United 2 - 2 Sheffield Wednesday

JerseyOwl - Were you one of the couple we (me, my mrs, and our lad (then 14) met on that ferry to Dinard in 1994? We bought one of those Jersey Owls polo shirts, after you helped us get it? Wore it for 10 years.

I wore that shirt till there was only the badge left

I have been to Dinard before, but I don't remember that!

I would have been 17 back then :smile:

This woman doesnt have a flipping clue what she is on about.

All this moaning about the ref, big occasion needs a big ref etc. I'm pretty sure the BBC presenters and match commentators were on the radio all week saying that the ref has even refereed in the premiership.

Their fans were happy with him aswell.

Sheffield United 2-2 Sheffield Wednesday (O'Grady 82, Madine 86)

Possession: 51-49

Shots on target: 6-10

Shots off target: 0-8

Corners: 2-4

Fouls: 17-18

Most fouls: Cresswell (4) O'Grady (3)

Yellow cards: 3-2

Red cards: 0-0

Bywater, Buxton, Batth, Jones, R. Johnson, Marshall, Semedo, O'Connor (J. Johnson 46), Lines, Madine, O'Grady

Subs not used: O'Donnell, Bennett, Prutton, Palmer.

Well done Wednesday.

Edited by aeroswfc

I'm not moaning, because we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Its just typical Sheffied United, bottle it when it really counts.

Everybody knew as soon as you got the first, you would get another.

The defence has no confidence in the goalkeeper, and it shows. Maguire is a big beast of a lad, and get bullied too easliy.

New goalkeeper needed, and Morgan cant come back quick enough. We miss him and Ertl big time.

I'm not moaning, because we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Its just typical Sheffied United, bottle it when it really counts.

Everybody knew as soon as you got the first, you would get another.

The defence has no confidence in the goalkeeper, and it shows. Maguire is an big beast of a overrated lad, and get bullied too easliy.

New goalkeeper needed, and Morgan cant come back quick enough. We miss him and Ertl big time.

Having been at the beam-back today I've only just read through this lot. I was going to pull up and comment on a load of quotes from people being overly negative earlier in the thread, but sod it, WAWAW?

Perhaps just this one, without wanting it to be a dig:

What I can't get, or more accurately wee wees me off, is if the roles were reversed, do you think that Wednesday would have been able to see this out so comfortably?

I swear that most other teams would have gone at United in the second half, yet, predictably, Wednesday have gone as flat as a pancake.

How quickly fans forget. We did see out a game in exactly the same circumstances against Chesterfield only last week. 2-0 when arguably Chesterfield had been playing the better football, they pulled one back and we stayed strong, even going on to increase the lead.

Before that we did exactly the same against MK Dons.

This season's Wednesday team is a different beast, we all need to support them to the final whistle every single match. Not wanting to sound big-headed or anything, but as Megson said: I never felt any danger when they had the ball, and not once at any point in the game did I think it was lost. As football fans we should know that a two-goal lead is far from enough unless there are less than 3 or 4 minutes left. A single goal back can change everything in an instant, as was proved today (and time and time again in the world of football).

UTO

Dad was outside resigned to losing.

Shouted the loudest I think I ever have.

For the record, I think the loudest I've ever shouted is when Brunt scored that deflected free kick away at Brentford to pretty much secure our place in the play-off final.