Luton Fan in Peace.

Guest BOBLTFC

Guest BOBLTFC

Good luck Bob. Come back here anytime you want, we welcome everybody with open arms cos we've more class than the other Sheffield lot

Owlsman,Much appreciated and trying To work out why Hillsborough is one of the few grounds i have not been to but aim To put that one Right soon.I Have unfortunately visited the other place back in 78 when i was walking back on my own as a 14yo and had Three lads come up to me and said Scarf,Scarf which i had in my pocket.Pleased To say despite being hit I did not give them my new Orange scarf (Silk One Yuk ) but see the old bill close by and speeded up accordingly and they left me alone.Next visit was a lot later around 93/94 and felt quite happy walking down the same Road as 3-1 winners that day.I Never did remember what happened to that old scarf but they never got it.

Guest BOBLTFC

Don't have a copy of a video, but was at that match. "Supermac" smashed in three cracking goals that day. Think you played in all red if memory serves me well.

I Was Lucky enough to See Mr MacDonald play as a 6yo so my uncle tells me but i have no memories of it.They still talk at KR about the Legend of Supermac and what a player he was.Thanks For the comments and especially considering that Wednesday lost that day by that score and can`t have been much fun watching the oppo scores those Goals,True Footy Fan.

Yeah i was at this game sadly,i think its the game where the owls fan was pictured stretched out across 3 or 4 seats in an almost deserted north stand,supermac had one of those games where he just couldnt fail to score,mind you we were very obliging.

It could well have been covered by anglia television,they followed a few luton away games,with gerry harrison as commentator,it was most defiantely on sunday afternoon tv,so independant television.

Try here at ntl world,they archive old itv footage http://homepage.ntlworld.com/carousel/YTVfootball.html cant think of any owls fans that would have saved the highlights of a right drubbing.

Guest BOBLTFC

Yeah i was at this game sadly,i think its the game where the owls fan was pictured stretched out across 3 or 4 seats in an almost deserted north stand,supermac had one of those games where he just couldnt fail to score,mind you we were very obliging.

It could well have been covered by anglia television,they followed a few luton away games,with gerry harrison as commentator,it was most defiantely on sunday afternoon tv,so independant television.

Try here at ntl world,they archive old itv footage http://homepage.ntlw...TVfootball.html cant think of any owls fans that would have saved the highlights of a right drubbing.

Many Thanks Swan,I will try that Link and Good luck in that Derby match against That other Lot,Cheers,Bob.

Many thanks Utah and the same to you as you are a huge club that should be and belong to the top flight.

Hi Bob You're not to know but we prefer to be called Massive rather than Huge lol good post supermac = superstar

Oh by the way you played in Orange that day !

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

It was definitely filmed by Yorkshire TV....I didn't go to the match but remember watching it the following afternoon which was when ITV used to show their highlights programme back then, probably with Keith Macklin doing the commentary.

Would suggest you contact them!

Part Timer(I bet you called praise or grumble though :biggrin: ) I was at the match fully expecting us to win. What a wake up call that was.

As far as Yorkshire television I do believe they used to record over there tapes back then that is why there is no archive of local games back then sadly

I was at that game and it is a story I tell 'so called football fans' when I realize they are just 'cup chasers' rather than true football fans.......

I remember Super Mac scoring his 3 goals with such pace and power.....never seen the like since (except David Hirst of course!!!!) But the thing I remember most was the way the Wednesday fans stood and applauded him at the end of the match. They had witnessed their team get a good hiding but cared enough about football to recognise a great player and a great performance.

And THAT is why the Wednesday fans are MASSIVE!

Edited by gandiaowl

I Run a Youtube site Called LUTONVIDS and you are our last line of help as i am seeking anyone that has footage of a game

between our Two sides at Hillsborough in October 1970.The score was 5-1 to Luton (Sorry )and we know that it was broadcast on

either the BBC or ITV Network way back then (Possibly Yorkshire Tv)

We have not been able to find it from our end and just hoped that you would be able to help in anyway.Does anyone have a copy on video

or DVD that we could could purchase from you or maybe swap some footage ? I would appreciate any help that you could give me but if not,

thanks for listening anyway.

I Can be contacted via my email at LUTONVIDS On Youtube.

Many Thanks and good luck for the season,Bob.

All copies were made to self distruct in 5 seconds.

I Run a Youtube site Called LUTONVIDS and you are our last line of help as i am seeking anyone that has footage of a game

between our Two sides at Hillsborough in October 1970.The score was 5-1 to Luton (Sorry )and we know that it was broadcast on

either the BBC or ITV Network way back then (Possibly Yorkshire Tv)

We have not been able to find it from our end and just hoped that you would be able to help in anyway.Does anyone have a copy on video

or DVD that we could could purchase from you or maybe swap some footage ? I would appreciate any help that you could give me but if not,

thanks for listening anyway.

I Can be contacted via my email at LUTONVIDS On Youtube.

Many Thanks and good luck for the season,Bob.

if yorkshire tv filmed it...

they'll have missed half the goals anyway, it was company policy...

Owlsman,Much appreciated and trying To work out why Hillsborough is one of the few grounds i have not been to but aim To put that one Right soon.I Have unfortunately visited the other place back in 78 when i was walking back on my own as a 14yo and had Three lads come up to me and said Scarf,Scarf which i had in my pocket.Pleased To say despite being hit I did not give them my new Orange scarf (Silk One Yuk ) but see the old bill close by and speeded up accordingly and they left me alone.Next visit was a lot later around 93/94 and felt quite happy walking down the same Road as 3-1 winners that day.I Never did remember what happened to that old scarf but they never got it.

Hope that when you get to the turnstiles on Leppings Lane you find them shut and all away fans banned like you did.

Sounds about right Bob

Hope that when you get to the turnstiles on Leppings Lane you find them shut and all away fans banned like you did.

yep im with you .......sorry bob but your club has a record of treating other clubs supporters as something you scrape off your shoe ......and i also was at the 1-5 game and that bow legged 2 hat of a centre forward .....was a very good player .

I was at that game and it is a story I tell 'so called football fans' when I realize they are just 'cup chasers' rather than true football fans.......

I remember Super Mac scoring his 3 goals with such pace and power.....never seen the like since (except David Hirst of course!!!!) But the thing I remember most was the way the Wednesday fans stood and applauded him at the end of the match. They had witnessed their team get a good hiding but cared enough about football to recognise a great player and a great performance.

And THAT is why the Wednesday fans are MASSIVE!

Me too I remember being excited about it beforehand but don't remember the magnanimity of applause as I was really pissed off at the result. Maybe my mardiness can be forgiven though as I was only just 10 years old.

It was our first season in the 2nd Division if I remember correctly. The Gay Blades were also in the 2nd and we played them earlier in the season at Bramall Lane which I went to but we were stood up so being quite a bit less than 6 feet tall I couldn't see a thing for most of the game.

Does anybody remember the score? I can't think we got hammered or I'm sure I would have stopped going. Getting hammered is one thing but not seeing it is adding insult to injury.

Me too I remember being excited about it beforehand but don't remember the magnanimity of applause as I was really pissed off at the result. Maybe my mardiness can be forgiven though as I was only just 10 years old.

It was our first season in the 2nd Division if I remember correctly. The Gay Blades were also in the 2nd and we played them earlier in the season at Bramall Lane which I went to but we were stood up so being quite a bit less than 6 feet tall I couldn't see a thing for most of the game.

Does anybody remember the score? I can't think we got hammered or I'm sure I would have stopped going. Getting hammered is one thing but not seeing it is adding insult to injury.

we lost 3-2 , was 2down and got it back to 2-2 craig and sinclair ? and tudor scored winner for them late on .....