Luton Fan in Peace.

Guest BOBLTFC

Guest BOBLTFC

I Run a Youtube site Called LUTONVIDS and you are our last line of help as i am seeking anyone that has footage of a game

between our Two sides at Hillsborough in October 1970.The score was 5-1 to Luton (Sorry )and we know that it was broadcast on

either the BBC or ITV Network way back then (Possibly Yorkshire Tv)

We have not been able to find it from our end and just hoped that you would be able to help in anyway.Does anyone have a copy on video

or DVD that we could could purchase from you or maybe swap some footage ? I would appreciate any help that you could give me but if not,

thanks for listening anyway.

I Can be contacted via my email at LUTONVIDS On Youtube.

Many Thanks and good luck for the season,Bob.

8 years before i started going so i cannot help.

I'm sure one of our members will help you out though.

Good luck for your boys this season,doesn't seem that long since you stormed this league(League 1/Div3) with Hull City.

What the flip happened? :wacko:

Think you played in all red if memory serves me well.

On second thoughts, I reckon you played in white shirts/black shorts. It was Bristol City who played in all red, and also beat us 5-1 at home the same season. The start of our slippery slope into the dark days of the 70's

Guest BOBLTFC

8 years before i started going so i cannot help.

I'm sure one of our members will help you out though.

Good luck for your boys this season,doesn't seem that long since you stormed this league(League 1/Div3) with Hull City.

What the flip happened? :wacko:

Guest BOBLTFC

Cheers Pulsar,We had a visit from some strange people that had an incredible talent for making money vanish and some lovely help from the sweet FA.Life in the CoCo lge has been interesting and I reckon

most of us have Upped our new grounds list quite a bit.We are getting back on our feet now financially and some great Youth players coming through and we have kept our

fanbase to a strong 6-7 thousand average.We are a good example of how quick things can go boobies up in a very short space of time.The Championship in 2005,the CoCo league by 2009.On the flip side Forest Green Rovers is always a good day out.All the best for the Owls.

Cheers Pulsar,We had a visit from some strange people that had an incredible talent for making money vanish and some lovely help from the sweet FA.Life in the CoCo lge has been interesting and I reckon

most of us have Upped our new grounds list quite a bit.We are getting back on our feet now financially and some great Youth players coming through and we have kept our

fanbase to a strong 6-7 thousand average.We are a good example of how quick things can go boobies up in a very short space of time.The Championship in 2005,the CoCo league by 2009.On the flip side Forest Green Rovers is always a good day out.All the best for the Owls.

Of course!

Wasn't Kevin Blackwell there but had his hands tied?

Guest BOBLTFC

Of course!

Wasn't Kevin Blackwell there but had his hands tied?

He was there at the time but he was not popular with his style of play and some of the players he purchased.I Think it was pay back time from the FA with the points deducted for the away fan ban,the plastic pitch and Mike Newell blowing the whistle about agents which cost the FA a few quid on an investigation.Other clubs have not learned from our situation ie Plymouth Argyle but the likes of QPR and Portsmouth seemed to have been more fortunate than us when making similar offences.Not that I wish anything bad on other clubs.It is a huge eye opener playing in the Coco lge but we have had some fun along the way and some weird grounds to visit.We are off to Ebbsfleet tomorrow night but at least we won 6-1 the last time we played there.

Guest BOBLTFC

You've got a lot to answer for your lot.

David Pleat, skipping, and slip on shoes. Enough said.

That is a fair point.They raffled those shoes off you know.Sad To say i did not get them,thank goodness.

It was definitely filmed by Yorkshire TV....I didn't go to the match but remember watching it the following afternoon which was when ITV used to show their highlights programme back then, probably with Keith Macklin doing the commentary.

Would suggest you contact them!

Cheers Fred,will give it a go.

Guest BOBLTFC

Best of luck for the season mate. Always felt you were very harshly treated by the FA.

Many thanks Utah and the same to you as you are a huge club that should be and belong to the top flight.