Yeovil Town vs Sheffield Wednesday - Official Matchday Thread

Not feeling silly at all......holding on against flipping Yeovil FFS

Were you at the game? On the radio it sounded as if we were the only team that looked like scoring, beside that 10 minute spell before half time. I only remember the half chance MacLean had at the start of the second half, what else did they do to make us "hang on"?

Sounded like a deserved win after a dodgy/undeserved equaliser to me.

Guest Scottish.Owl

brilliant turn around, i was optimisic we could do it at half time if we scored early enough and we did, were back in the mix, exeter at home next that SHOULD be 3 more pts and we will be well in there and high on confidence UTO!

I predicted if we scored before 60 minutes we would win. Not only that, but changing in to my home shirt at half time, was an inspired move on my part. I don't want to take all the credit for the victory, but I will be bitterly disappointed if Megson doesn't at least acknowledge my contribution in his interview.

Exactly what?

Some posters (you were one of them) were calling for Megson out before the game had even reached half time.

Seriously, what the hell's that about?!

Because if we had lost today I think Megson would be in real danger of losing his job. Fair to say surely? No wins in five away from home would not be anything close to promotion form. Thankfully that has ended today and it is now 1 in 5.

After Tuesday night I was beginning to think that Megson was not the man to take us forward. I'm still not convinced. Sorry but that is my opinion, and at 2-1 to Yeovil I though it was a case of here we go again. Another loss today would have been unacceptable.

I'm delighted we have won today, I hope Megson proves me wrong because it will mean that Wednesday are doing well, and I will be more than happy to eat humble pie if I am wrong. I want Wednesday to succeed but I'm not sure Megson is the right man now to do it.

Well done boys. We've now broken that away hoodoo and tissue performance in cpming from behind should axt as great motivation and confidence for the matches to come.

Before this week I would've been more than happy with 4 points, am satisfied with 3 being just 4 off top. Keep it up boys.

Glad to see McGoaldorught score on his debut and the goal machine carry on his form! UTO.

Yeovil Town 2-3 Sheffield Wednesday (McGoldrick 10, Bennett 51, Madine 71)

Possession: 45-55

Shots on target: 6-4

Shots off target: 1-5

Corners: 6-5

Fouls: 16-6

Most fouls: Ehmer (4) Buxton (1)

Yellow cards: 4-1

Red cards: 0-0

O'Donnell, Buxton, Batth, R. Jones (Bennett 30), R. Johnson, Prutton, Semedo, O'Connor, Marshall (Palmer 79), Madine, McGoldrick (Sedgwick 75).

Subs not used: Jameson, Reynolds.

Well done Wednesday.

Unlucky Yeovil Town.

Edited by aeroswfc

Because if we had lost today I think Megson would be in real danger of losing his job. Fair to say surely? No wins in five away from home would not be anything close to promotion form. Thankfully that has ended today and it is now 1 in 5.

After Tuesday night I was beginning to think that Megson was not the man to take us forward. I'm still not convinced. Sorry but that is my opinion, and at 2-1 to Yeovil I though it was a case of here we go again. Another loss today would have been unacceptable.

I'm delighted we have won today, I hope Megson proves me wrong because it will mean that Wednesday are doing well, and I will be more than happy to eat humble pie if I am wrong. I want Wednesday to succeed but I'm not sure Megson is the right man now to do it.

Games last 90 minutes - what more can be said?!

Is every goal we concede now going to lead to calls for Megson to be sacked?

Still 3 points whatever way you look at it.

I agree wholeheartedly, absolutely over the moon and a massive well done to all, but I just dont like his style of play, thats just my honest opinion (maybe Big Ron spoilt me lol)....If he gets us promoted I will be as happy as anyone but he just seems so bloody negative.....

Nowt wrong with that statement, it's quite simple..

If we had lost, then Megson would have struggled to keep his job.

Stating that when we are 2-1 down at half time isn't unreasonable, neither is not unequivicably backing him.

What we need to realise is that will be play poo again this season, and if it happens too often Megson probably will have to go.

Put it's this way, if we are not in the top six at Christmas I reckon Mandaric will make the change.

Edited by Bannofan