A late comment on a great day out.

Hello to my fellow Owls!

I came over from Norway for the Sflaphorpe game last weekend and had a wonderful time, both at The Barrack Tavern and at the game. I brought with me six Man Utd.-fans (nice revenue for Wednesday :wink:) and they were impressed with both Hillsborough and the fans even though the ground wasn't even half full.

Before the game at the Barrack I struck up a conversation with several season ticket holders who were very friendly and I finally got to talk to someone who felt just as strong about our club as I do. Unfortunately I lost the note with their email-adresses on but I left mine at the Barrack so you can get it there.

Also a special thanks to the owners of the Tavern as they helped me get a hold of my wallet after I lost it in the cab back to the train station :blush:.

Hopefully it wont be long 'till my next trip to Hillsborough.

Up the Owls! Lets get those three points at the Valley tomorrow!

Cheers from David

Nice to see somebody from Norway who's not a Manure, Chelsea or Leeds fan. Good story and really glad we came up with the goods both on and off the pitch. Hope you made some impression on the Manure fans its just too easy to support somebody like that. What they don't realise our victories taste so much sweeter cause theyr'e much harder to achieve.

Thanks for all the replies. Also I have to say thank you for the happy clapping comments. I always prefer clapping whilst being happy, as clapping while feeling sad is a much less pleasurable experience..

I'm not from Sheffield, I'm Norwegian through and through.

Hopeful of coming back in April. Being a part timer will just have to do for the moment as attending all the games, with the prices of international airfare, would put a serious dent in my "constantly purchasing new wallet"-budget.

Thanks for all the replies. Also I have to say thank you for the happy clapping comments. I always prefer clapping whilst being happy, as clapping while feeling sad is a much less pleasurable experience..

Hopeful of coming back in April. Being a part timer will just have to do for the moment as attending all the games, with the prices of international airfare, would put a serious dent in my "constantly purchasing new wallet"-budget.

Great dedication mate! Just making it to a couple of games a season is a fantastic effort, especially when there are thousands of 'fans' in Sheffield who can't be bothered.

What made you decide to start supporting Wednesday given you don't seem to have any connections to the club?

Great dedication mate! Just making it to a couple of games a season is a fantastic effort, especially when there are thousands of 'fans' in Sheffield who can't be bothered.

What made you decide to start supporting Wednesday given you don't seem to have any connections to the club?

I've posted the story earlier, but it was a while back. The short version is that I wanted a different fav team than my teammates when I started playing footie. I was about 5 and had just started to learn how to read. I was looking over the betting sheet my father had and the two longest names, which were the ones most appealing to someone who had just started reading, was Queens Park Rangers and Sheffield Wednesday. I followed the results later on in the day and lo and behold, Wednesday actually won while QPR didn't.

And yes, the first time i told the story on here I was called a glory hunter :happy:

Its bedtime for me lads, catch you later.

Scunny game was the best game so far this season imo. Glad you enjoyed it

Not wanting to derail the thread (great story by the way David), but Notts County was a much better game football-wise and Rochdale was the more solid no-nonsense game of the three. Sflaphorpe was by far the worst performance (not that it was actually that bad) and Megson suggested as much himself. He also said he thought the County game was one of the best we'd played in a while, which I agreed with too.

I's always a good sign when you can win when you aren't playing at your best though, so I'm not complaining!

lol

Where are you from, David?..........I only ask because I spent two memorable years shagging working in Bergen.

oh to be 21 again......sigh.

Not wanting to derail the thread (great story by the way David), but Notts County was a much better game football-wise and Rochdale was the more solid no-nonsense game of the three. Sflaphorpe was by far the worst performance (not that it was actually that bad) and Megson suggested as much himself. He also said he thought the County game was one of the best we'd played in a while, which I agreed with too.

I's always a good sign when you can win when you aren't playing at your best though, so I'm not complaining!

Great story mate. At least you've stuck with it which is the sign of a true fan (let's face it we haven't had much glory lately), keep up the good work and come back soon.

lol

Where are you from, David?..........I only ask because I spent two memorable years shagging working in Bergen.

oh to be 21 again......sigh.

I'm from the eastern part of Norway, a town called Porsgrunn. I've lived in Bergen for the last 12 years though.

Really looking forward to the game tonight.

Hello to my fellow Owls!

I came over from Norway for the Sflaphorpe game last weekend and had a wonderful time, both at The Barrack Tavern and at the game. I brought with me six Man Utd.-fans (nice revenue for Wednesday :wink:) and they were impressed with both Hillsborough and the fans even though the ground wasn't even half full.

Before the game at the Barrack I struck up a conversation with several season ticket holders who were very friendly and I finally got to talk to someone who felt just as strong about our club as I do. Unfortunately I lost the note with their email-adresses on but I left mine at the Barrack so you can get it there.

Also a special thanks to the owners of the Tavern as they helped me get a hold of my wallet after I lost it in the cab back to the train station :blush:.

Hopefully it wont be long 'till my next trip to Hillsborough.

Up the Owls! Lets get those three points at the Valley tomorrow!

Cheers from David

If you havn't already then you got to do an away game. They are the best experience watching Wednesday, standing with thousands of fellow owls in another town and hearing that atmosphere from our support... thats when you know why you support Wednesday.

the ball bag comment lol