Still not convinced by meggy

Guest scott_andrew_william

As a club we've moved forward on and off the pitch, if people can't agree with this then they're blind.

Guest Triplej2

Lets ignore his negative tactics, poor subs and abysmal away record shall we?

His win ratio for us is pish and he simply blames everyone else.

Honestly and truthfully with being rude, you are mugging yourself right off with those comments.

Megson is quite clearly building something here, tweaking things, learning things, turning them into a winning outfit.

Have a look at the bag of sh* that turned out for us last season and look at us now even though he's only been in the job 2 minutes.

You just sound daft.

Guest Sheff Owl

When Megson came in he broke up the Potter/JOC partnership that we all had been crying out for.

He realised that Spurr wasn't good enough and took him out more or less straight away and again which people were wanting to happen.

The previous manager failed to do this..

Are we better now in these 2 positions?

Have we brought in better players for these positions?

32% win record at Wednesday now. It's getting better but Megson still needs to improve that significantly if he is to be a success at the club.

I will be much happier when/if he turns around the away from. That for me is still a big concern. At home recently though under Megson we have consistently picked up results. It can't be argued with. Some of his signings look very good and the improvement he has made to the midfield is marked. I wasn't keen when he was appointed, but we need to back him, and I'd like to think Megson now has the support of all Wednesdayites.

Onwards and hopefully upwards!

32% win record at Wednesday now. It's getting better but Megson still needs to improve that significantly if he is to be a success at the club.

I will be much happier when/if he turns around the away from. That for me is still a big concern. At home recently though under Megson we have consistently picked up results. It can't be argued with. Some of his signings look very good and the improvement he has made to the midfield is marked. I wasn't keen when he was appointed, but we need to back him, and I'd like to think Megson now has the support of all Wednesdayites.

Onwards and hopefully upwards!

Can we not start that from this season while he has had his own players? like most people did with Irvine?

So, his record is won 4, lost 3? SO MORE THAN 50% :biggrin:

Still too early to judge. I thought we moved the ball around really well today, I've not seen an owls side move the ball around and be so comfortable and willing on the ball for a good while. We started to fanny around with the ball in possession in the second half though.

The only criticism of Megson I have is that we look really wobbly at the back. We hear every week that the defending "isnt what we expect", its cost us away from home and nearly did today too. I think it was a mix of nervy defending and good attackers today at least.

I agree with what you say - we looked comfortable when we got it down and played it about. In the second half we seemed to drop back 10 yards and started playing it long, at which point Scunny seized the initative. The only gripe I have is that we seemed to fall apart and let them back in when we should have tried harder to hold onto the ball, play it simply and put the game beyond them. Hope the squad takes confidence from the win and maybe a lesson in that holding onto the ball is the way ahead. Interesting to see how we fair in the next couple of matches.

Can we not start that from this season while he has had his own players? like most people did with Irvine?

So, his record is won 4, lost 3? SO MORE THAN 50% :biggrin:

:biggrin: OK fair enough.

:ph34r: Ironically though, if you did the same with Irvine for last season, his would also be 50%. He won 18 out of 36 last season including cup games. :laugh: Not that I'm saying he was a good manager!

It just goes to show you that win percentages don't always tell the full story.

At the end of the season this will be seen as a very good win....wins against the bottom teams will be replicated by all those looking to get promoted....Sflaphorpe will take points of a lot of top teams this season and I wouldn't be surprised to see them up there.

There was no major difference in both halves....it could easily have been 4-4 at half time

My only fear with Megson is that he won't get the time to finish the job. I've never been more convinced that a manager will succeed here than I have with Megson. The job he is doing currently, is refreshing and obvious to see.

He's quietly and assuredly, slowly but surely getting things right on the pitch.

People need to get it out of their head (and quickly) that this club and be turned around overnight. The club has been mismanaged for years, and I still believe that promotion will be one step too far this season. But what I'm sure we'll see this season is a huge improvement on previous seasons. Not only that, we'll see a team that competes, that care for the club and that has a real affinity with the fans. And that'll come from Megson.

His signings so far have been solid, and I've no doubt whatsoever he;ll continue to keep up that record. He's the first manager in God knows how long, who has managed to string a serious run together at Hillsborough, and yes, we will lose games along the way, but Megson will get a team out on the pitch that we, the fans, will be proud of. How often in the past have you seen Wednesday fans give a standing ovation for a tackle or for closing a ball down? Rarely, but it happened today, and it will continue to, because the fans know that these players will give their whole. They might not be the best players we've had down at Hillsborough, but they are our players, playing for our club, playing for our manager.

I just hope Mandaric doesn't get too fixated on the prize of promotion this season. Yes, ideally we'll get out of this league this season, but it's going to be a huge ask. So long as Megson is making progress, and ensuring the fans want to get down to Hillsborough to support the lads (rather than watch them), then that's ok with me.

I haven't got a season ticket this season, but I've already attended every home game...because I want to go and support the lads. I feel proud to support Wednesday again, because I genuinely believe these players appreciate playing for our club, and I believe Megson is a major reason behind that.

Guest Big Guns

I still don't agree with sitting back and inviting pressure your asking for trouble push on and score another 2 ,I reckon its a dangerous game megson playing and we will come unstuck more times than we get away with it,but wait its 3points I here you all scream flippinghappy clappers.....