Still not convinced by meggy

Each game is different the manager calls what he feels is right , once over the white line it is down to the players ,today we got a win against a team that have turned us over not so long ago ,that proves to me we are going in the right direction ,yes somethings need tweaking , but the signs are there , we are getting better ,Megson is the right man

3 goals at home and Megson is accused of been too defensive. Some of our fans are unbelievable.

Megson has transformed us from a team who were terrified of playing at home into one which seems to be beating all comers at the moment. As soon as we crack our away form we will be rockin' and rolling.

F@cking hell. Negativity on Owlstalk on the day we get another 3 points. Who'd have thought it eh?

Look, I understand the caution that some fans may have for some of the decisions that Megson makes, but for anyone to start calling for the managers head or anything like that is just an impatient tw@t in my mind.

Do I agree with everything he does? Nah. How would I rate my happiness with him at the moment, probably about 85%ish perhaps? Would Man United fans say they're entirely happy with everything Fergie does? Probably not. Would they moan and kick up every two minutes? Probably not.

Have a beer and cheer the f@ck up eh lads?

Really think that's all it is Some of us are yet to be won over, some of us are getting there, but I don't think anyone is calling for his head

There have been a select few idiots I'm afraid. Good to hear that he is winning you lot over though. Personally, the fact that he's so Wednesday through and through ticks boxes in my mind too.

what's moronic about it exactly? You disagreeing with it doesn't make it moronic.

And losing to bury and **** brentford ******* is hardly winning games is it? Embarrassing results to be honest.

If we'd have played Huddersfield today we'd have got battered sitting back like we did.

flip me, we ain't even played brentford yet and you're moaning about losing to 'em !!!! :rolleyes:

I didn't think we scored two goals you bloody moron! What I'm saying is why go two up at home and then sit back!? There's no hope, good night.

You're looking a bigger nob with every post....I'd stop digging if I were you....you said that we should have scored more than 2....we did....you said we'd lost to brentford and we haven't even played them......those calling you a moron are being kind!

Guest insideowl

1st half today was so refreshing. Why not continue in the same way for the 2nd half. Cumon meggy stop being so BORING. You nearly blew it again.

Nearly blew it? You thick moron. He matched them up in te centre of the park to stop there lad Norwood pulling the strings!! What did you want him to do? Leave a Morrison on who was pretty ineffective second half and get over run in midfield? We would have lost or drawn without that substitution.

They played better than us and we won. Signs of a good team. We'll play better, but I for one will take that every game.

i'd rather have megson than irvine i'l tell you.he has to have time to get it sorted just ask baggihiy when he comes on.

You called? :smile: This is how he played us in our second and third season with him. During the the third season, our Promotion years he played uber-defensive we had 27 clean sheets most were 1-nil wins but the point is they WERE WINS

And by the same token we've lost every away match It's not unreasonable for some of us to not yet be convinced by Megson We are definitely in the minority, and amongst those yet to be convinced, there's a range of opinions. Personally I'm still not totally convinced but I am seeing signs that he might be getting it right.

The thing is about Megson as a manager is he's a Troubleshooter, he goes in and fixs clubs. He did at us, and, he did at Bolton. Forest He wasn't given the backing by the board and look how many years its cost them. We gave him 5 years and look at the foundations he's layed for us. Admittedly we've built on it with Dan Ashworth. but too doubt him after 7 months is a frigging joke. If you lot stick with Megson for a while I have no doubt only good can come from it.

You called? :smile: This is how he played us in our second and third season with him. During the the third season, our Promotion years he played uber-defensive we had 27 clean sheets most were 1-nil wins but the point is they WERE WINS

A bit of sense.

Some of our lot are starting to sound like our Porky neighbours.

I don't give a poo if we win all our games 1-0 and they are crap, a win is a win.

The thing is about Megson as a manager is he's a Troubleshooter, he goes in and fixs clubs. He did at us, and, he did at Bolton. Forest He wasn't given the backing by the board and look how many years its cost them. We gave him 5 years and look at the foundations he's layed for us. Admittedly we've built on it with Dan Ashworth. but too doubt him after 7 months is a frigging joke. If you lot stick with Megson for a while I have no doubt only good can come from it.

Agreed. Good post.

Ps. Who the flip is 'Meggy'?