Ryan Lowe

Guest Mexico Baby

Looks like a good signing.

If he knows where the net is it doesn't matter how old he is.

Chris waddle was 31 when we signed him and that didn't turn out too bad!

Guest intercity0wl

Could be a useful short term signing, cheap and in decent form. Biggest worry? Well I suppose it's the football we play, unless we are planning to change the way we play, will he fit in? His game thrives on the pass and move style that sides like Bury and Bournemouth play.

Maybe , but i Have lost count of the number of times at games i have said, "why has nobody got in there on the end of that", as another ball goes across the front of the keeper with no Wednesday player in sight.

With the return of JJ and Marshall in the team now, combined with the tall Madine, the proven natural goalscoring instincts of a small striker might just suit the football we play (your words not mine), time will tell, oh and another thing to those on about his age, people will soon stop saying " but he's Thirty Two" as he is Thirty Three the day after the Yeovil game next month.

Maybe , but i Have lost count of the number of times at games i have said, "why has nobody got in there on the end of that", as another ball goes across the front of the keeper with no Wednesday player in sight.

With the return of JJ and Marshall in the team now, combined with the tall Madine, the proven natural goalscoring instincts of a small striker might just suit the football we play (your words not mine), time will tell, oh and another thing to those on about his age, people will soon stop saying " but he's Thirty Two" as he is Thirty Three the day after the Yeovil game next month.

How old was Teddy Sherringham when he went to Manchester United?

Just depends what type of player he is.

Blend.

I think it's a master stroke signing. It's a dream move for Lowe (read the Bury website) and we are getting a player who scored bucket loads last season and already has 10 this season. His remit is simple. Get us out of this division. If he does that with his goals then his job is done.

People keep going on about his age. He's signed a 2 year deal! Not a four year. We need a player for now not a player for two years time.

Could be a really masterstroke signing :)

Have a few Bury fan mates and they are basically saying we have robbed them for £100k and they are now going to go down.

I am excited to have him. Doesnt matter about his age, funny how the top scorers in the Championship and League One are both old pros (Phillips and now Lowe). Most people on here would have creamed themselves to get Phillips at S6.

Guest intercity0wl

Thought is was 100k? Or is that just the league cup?

Either way, a steal with a goalscoring record like that. Lets hope he continues his good form here.

Sure i read it was only 10k for this competition, but either way as you say 100K seems very good value to me, and more importantly must seem the same to MM.

He is scoring goals for fun at the moment, unless I am mistaken that is exactly what we wanted from the striker we all were crying out for?

What has his age got to do with anything? He is 33 in a few days time, so what! He is fit and is currently running the defenders in this league ragged. Some of the most exciting times I have ever had at Hillsoborough involved a 36 year old Trevor Francis who ripped defences apart. And we have only signed him on a two year deal, just long enough to see us out of here!

Concentrate on Lowe's goal scoring record, not his age.....49 in the last 90 games, seven so far this season, when was the last time we had a striker with that kind of record?

Let's give him a chance and our backing.

Welcome to Hillsborough Ryan Lowe.

Lowe and Madine. We are gonna run riot this season now. Especially with Marshall to supply the ammo and maybe lua lua.

A very astute signing. Full of confidence and banging them in left right and centre, just like Madine.

It leaves us with options next year should we get promoted aswell.

Guest TonyOwl88

First really exciting signing we've made imo. We know what he's about, and I for one can't wait to see him in a Wednesday shirt.

I startd this thread back in July and as you can see from the comments, people just took the wee wee, called it bullshit and slated Lowe.

It seems from other, more recent posts thay there may have been some truth in it after all and it seems that now, the majority would actually welcome him to the club and see it as a potential good signing.

How things can change in just a few weeks.

You guessed, just like loads of other people have speculated/made up stuff about our potential signings. A stopped clock is right twice a day. Sorry to be arsey, but I hate these self congratulatory posts.

It's not taken us a month to sign him..this must have been a very recent deal that has come to fruition, though I expect Megson had his eye on him due to his goal scoring form.

Anyway, Lowe is exactly the type of player we need this season. We need to get out of this division and he can help us do it. Once we are out of it, we can start signing Championship players. Horses for courses and all that.

Guest highamowl

Bang in form and knows where the net is. At that price it is worth it. If he can get 20 goals to get us up this season that is job done for him!

Guest alwaysaowl

hope its true that we paid 100k because if it was 300k or more i would be well peed after all the alf bids.

Edited by alwaysaowl

Guest wednesday_lass

He's pretty young compared to Kevin Phillips who many were saying we should've signed before Blackpool did.

If he scores goals I don't care...