Ryan Lowe

Megson commented in the BBC interview earlier that the club had moved on from Plan B to Plan E & F etc...

Its official: we are desperate for strikers.

Our pre season mistake has been to consider Mellor a done deal. It's confusing as we've known the details of his contract for 18 months, so we would have known a long time back whether we were in a position to afford him. Either someone has moved the goalposts, or we are being cheeky shites and trying to get him for a song.

Guest wilyfox

Our pre season mistake has been to consider Mellor a done deal. It's confusing as we've known the details of his contract for 18 months, so we would have known a long time back whether we were in a position to afford him. Either someone has moved the goalposts, or we are being cheeky shites and trying to get him for a song.

maybe we didn't fully appreciate MM's stance on club finances. we assumed he was going to be even more generous than he has been already.

Decent player for a mid table team, did very well at Bury last season and scored some crackers too......if we were to sign anyone who played for Bury last season it would of been Ajose who they had on loan from Man Utd, cracking little player great pace and can finish! I had heard he'd signed for bury not 100% sure!

He's signed for Peterborough I think.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

Yep he went to Peterborough on a permanent deal.

Nicky Ajose would have been a good signing!!!

Edited by WoodhouseOwl77

I startd this thread back in July and as you can see from the comments, people just took the wee wee, called it bullshit and slated Lowe.

It seems from other, more recent posts thay there may have been some truth in it after all and it seems that now, the majority would actually welcome him to the club and see it as a potential good signing.

How things can change in just a few weeks.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

I startd this thread back in July and as you can see from the comments, people just took the wee wee, called it bullshit and slated Lowe.

It seems from other, more recent posts thay there may have been some truth in it after all and it seems that now, the majority would actually welcome him to the club and see it as a potential good signing.

Similar things were said about ALF until we realised we needed a striker. It just shows that most of our fans know very little about lower league players.

Probably as he has scored 7 already this season at a higher level.(than last year)

Like we both said before his goalscoring record in recent years is very impressive. The start he has made to this season in League 1 will have impressed too. I'm sure he wouldn't have been most peoples first choice, but if he delivers the goods that is all that matters.

:wink: I think some peoples opinions will have changed after the game at Gigg Lane too.

Guest wilyfox

Like Phillips, Lowe doesn't need pace so you could be right. You'd think Morrison could do the same job but it isn't happening...not yet anyway.

exactly. Lowe could take the role Clinton was meant to be filling and hasn't been able to. i praise Morrison's effort and work-rate so far this season; he has improved that area. still doesn't carry much of a goal threat though. Madine's first goal saturday should have been burried at the near post by Clinton before it even got to him.

Guest 03 owl

yet again another disappointing player :/

Yet Again another Disappointed post, you my ...not even friend who walks out on games, your point is invalid and yes i might be in a bad mood seeing your Sh*t posted.

Guest Stevenfox999

Are people being serious when they say they have never heard of him? He has been banging goals in consistantly week in week out now for the past 2 1/2 years. Ok he is old at 32 but if we are wanting to get out of this league, he could be exactly the type of player we need, if only for a season or so?

They had an interview with him on Football League Weekend or something the other day on the build up to the Bury vs Charlton game at the weekend just gone - seems a decent souser - and someone who is already one of the best strikers in this league.

Has a wicked free kick on him too. I think at least 2 of his 7 have been free kicks.