SWFC Non Fun Day

I think it's fair to say that the demand for this home shirt (understandably - it's the best home shirt for years - if not ever) has caught EVERYONE by surprise , including those who went down early to queue for theirs

I don't think so. And to be fair they did seem to have plenty of stock being replenished - just not well organised.

I think it's fair to say that the demand for this home shirt (understandably - it's the best home shirt for years - if not ever) has caught EVERYONE by surprise , including those who went down early to queue for theirs

How can it have caught anyone by surprise?!!!?

1. It's been known for weeks that today was its launch date

2. The marketing leaking of it caused a huge amount of interest

3. Previous new kits/open days in years gone by have had similar responses

Surprise my arse!!!

Just got back. Arrived at 10.30, queued for about twenty mins then got into th shop which was busy byond belief. There was nothing on the shelves as the staff could not cope with taking the stock from front of house to the back due to all the queues. The staff took to "selling" out of the boxes literally. I felt a bit for one bloke all suited &booted with sweat dripping off him handing out shirts from the boxes. It was a bit like a marketbiggrin.gif

I then had to join the back of the queue which you were told to do once you had got your shirt but some barstewards decided to get their shirts & then just jump in where they were stood.mad.gif

All told it's easy to be critical & to be truthful the organisation was poor, but it was the first day of sales, it was always going to be hectic & this was to be expected. Credit must go to all the staff working hard & especially to the sweating man. biggrin.gif

All told I was queuing for about 1hr 20, but I'm pleased with the shirt it's quality & worth the queue. Also big up to my youngest who's 5 who stood with me in the queue & only moaned once.

Just got back. Arrived at 10.30, queued for about twenty mins then got into th shop which was busy byond belief. There was nothing on the shelves as the staff could not cope with taking the stock from front of house to the back due to all the queues. The staff took to "selling" out of the boxes literally. I felt a bit for one bloke all suited &booted with sweat dripping off him handing out shirts from the boxes. It was a bit like a marketbiggrin.gif

I then had to join the back of the queue which you were told to do once you had got your shirt but some barstewards decided to get their shirts & then just jump in where they were stood.mad.gif

All told it's easy to be critical & to be truthful the organisation was poor, but it was the first day of sales, it was always going to be hectic & this was to be expected. Credit must go to all the staff working hard & especially to the sweating man. biggrin.gif

All told I was queuing for about 1hr 20, but I'm pleased with the shirt it's quality & worth the queue. Also big up to my youngest who's 5 who stood with me in the queue & only moaned once.

My ten year old nephew moaned constantly

Guest Saturday Owl

The staff in the shop were surprised with how many were actually wanting to buy shirts, poorly managed.

Still... got my shirt and can't wait to get it out on Tuesday at Don Valley! :happy:

In the queue now. Going all round the megastore and is going relatively fast considering.

Seeing the que hit me with two thoughts:

1- think of the money the club are generating from this

2- poo poo, I have to wait in this. :biggrin:

All in all, wouldn't say it's badly organized, just high demand.