You're Having A Laugh Wednesday

Guest Briscoe Inferno

No longer my concern :)

Sorry Chris - directed at the club if anyone is reading and certainly not you personally....

He's got plenty of experience of working in football retail and has worked for a number of other clubs - think he currently also spends some time with Wolves.

To my knowledge he doesn't have any specific marketing experience, qualifications or training. I guess at clubs like Wolves they will have in house designers and a marketing team to look after that sort of thing.

I have no specific marketing experience, qualifications or training. However I do have some common sense, a couple of brain cells, and a sixth sense gut feeling that the back drop to sell your new away kit should not be a pile of debris.

Grey shorts?

I think this kit was beyond saving, but a contrasting colour for the shorts would have worked better. I don't know why we couldn't have a pin stripe for the away shirt, I'd have liked a replica of the shirt made famous on crimewatch, the yellow shirt with purple pin stripe would have been nice too.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

poor attempt at photography and marketing of the shirts isn't it ..

sup with getting out the ironing board and having them stood in the club shop??!! or on the pitch pretending to play footy like in football kit manufacturer catalogues (Prostar et al)

A bit like most Saturdays for the last 10 years then!blink.gif

The away kit is awful and highlights why if we have a vote for a new kit then the club should in this age of technology put up some pictures that remotely resemble what we are voting for (been plenty of fake mock ups of kit on internet) instead of an image that looks like a 5 year old has drawn in felt tip pen. Dont get me started on the pink kit fiasco.

The away kit is awful and highlights why if we have a vote for a new kit then the club should in this age of technology put up some pictures that remotely resemble what we are voting for (been plenty of fake mock ups of kit on internet) instead of an image that looks like a 5 year old has drawn in felt tip pen. Dont get me started on the pink kit fiasco.

why we couldnt have kept using the black and yellow kit is beyond me. nicest shirt we have had for ages.

Head of Retail - Peter Pridmore

Commercial Director - Andy Daykin

Head of Media and Communications - Trevor Braithwait

Be interested to see what these three think of the photos. As mentioned looks like an apprentice task gone wrong. Couldn't be more schoolboy.

He's got plenty of experience of working in football retail and has worked for a number of other clubs - think he currently also spends some time with Wolves.

To my knowledge he doesn't have any specific marketing experience, qualifications or training. I guess at clubs like Wolves they will have in house designers and a marketing team to look after that sort of thing.

You could give a monkey the job to market this and it couldnt do a worse job tbh.

Experience in football/ marketing or not this is abysmal and typifies everything that is wrong with our club over the past 20 years, does anybody care about the job they do anymore?

On reflection its possible they will take decent snaps once the sponsor badges go on and the shirt is complete?

That's no excuse for what they have produced.

If this sort of shambles had been produced under the authroity of the previous regime there would have been far more voicing their concerns. The club have made significant alterations to their marketing and commercial operations in terms of staffing and approach and the new way of doing things has got off to a bad start.