You're Having A Laugh Wednesday

shirtjk.jpg

shortsg.jpg

Now, here we have our new away kit, derided by many, so I thought I would have another look at it to see if it had grown on me. So I went to the online store and was greeted by these pictures. Now some may say, 'oh yes, thats our away kit', and be done, but if you have a closer look and compare our online marketing/shop with other clubs I think you will find ours to be, for want of a better phrase, total poo !!

In this current climate of spending cuts, little spare cash to spend and a kit that has, at best, been received with a lukewarm response, you would think the club would do its upmost to try and sell it, but instead we get these unbelieveable marketing shots.

1. You would at least expect a couple of current players to be modeling them, (no disrespect to the two lads from the ticket office), surely that wouldnt take too much of their valuable time.

2. Would it have really been too much to ask to move another 40 yards from the dumping ground that is the ground floor of the North Stand, (see discarded pallet in the background of the shirt pic!) and to a pitchside location?

3. In the shorts photo, it looks like hes been to bed in his kit, cant decide whether to tuck the shirt in or not and it shows neither of the logos.

So, a) whos idea was it, b) who took the pictures, and most importantly,c) who passed it to be published online?!

Shocked and dismayed,

RW.

shirtjk.jpg

shortsg.jpg

Now, here we have our new away kit, derided by many, so I thought I would have another look at it to see if it had grown on me. So I went to the online store and was greeted by these pictures. Now some may say, 'oh yes, thats our away kit', and be done, but if you have a closer look and compare our online marketing/shop with other clubs I think you will find ours to be, for want of a better phrase, total poo !!

In this current climate of spending cuts, little spare cash to spend and a kit that has, at best, been received with a lukewarm response, you would think the club would do its upmost to try and sell it, but instead we get these unbelieveable marketing shots.

1. You would at least expect a couple of current players to be modeling them, (no disrespect to the two lads from the ticket office), surely that wouldnt take too much of their valuable time.

2. Would it have really been too much to ask to move another 40 yards from the dumping ground that is the ground floor of the North Stand, (see discarded pallet in the background of the shirt pic!) and to a pitchside location?

3. In the shorts photo, it looks like hes been to bed in his kit, cant decide whether to tuck the shirt in or not and it shows neither of the logos.

So, a) whos idea was it, b) who took the pictures, and most importantly,c) who passed it to be published online?!

Shocked and dismayed,

RW.

You've got to :laugh:

Poxy beyond belief.

Sadly, not surprising.

I don't think anyone could argue with what you've said. I hadn't seen those two pictures before and if they are part of our official marketing then that is embarrasingly poor.

It's even worse than the Blades moped effort the other year.

Edited by edinburghowl

They should have got Neil with a couple of Owlettes.

Must say it is rather sad. He hasnt even got a bulge for the Girls (and Gay boy) to perv over, and the trash in the background..................well

Definitely photos that won't suit most peoples palate.

Are the shirts and shorts different shades of boring dull grey? Or is it my, my, my imagination baby, oh I.......

I was thinking the same. I'm colourblind but I can put the same two colours together! They are totally different.

Maybe the broken pallet is just the edge of the bonfire they are going to burn that shoddy kit on before they unveil the real away kit which will be amazing.

Or not...

Just not bothered...

Football Shirts are mostly bought by blokes for themselves or their kids so hopefully it would not take too much time up whilst studying for a marketing degree to work out that put the shirt on a good looking girl with a good figure = more sales put the shirt on a skinny kid ( No disrespect ) stood next to a pallett will probably = less sales.

How can this kind of stuff be this difficult.

Edited by Geedee

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Unprofessional.......

I was expecting better under Mandaric TBH.

I hope they're leaving no pallet unturned in the quest for new signings........

Edited by Briscoe Inferno

Guest londonowl1

lol this has made me laugh..........awful marketing, awful kit!!

But who gives a........!!! as long as we get promoted!