You're Having A Laugh Wednesday

Shambolic and embarrasing...

Are SWFC staff under orders not to partricipate on OT anymore? Not so long ago this thread would have received a response of some nature in the interests of inclusivity / customer relations. I might have missed it (apologies to those concerned if I have), but when I complained on here about not being able to buy a wooly hat from the Megastore in the middle of a Siberian December, i was swiftly reminded by SWFC staff that they "had no funds at the time to replenish stock, so please understand the problems we are faced with"........

Milan - get back down the M1 to Leicester Tigers and recruit their Merchandise Manager ASAP. They get crowds at best similar to ours, but I'm willing to bet their merchandise income is at least 10x if not 100 x more than ours and you will struggle to find a family in or around Leicestershire that doesn't possess QUALITY Tigers merchandise.

And it really is a wee wee stain FFS!.............

Now this is how you market a new kit..... :rolleyes:

That is brilliant. Could the guy who hits the chap on the scooter do a job for us?

There isn't a marketing department anymore or anyone one individual particularly responsible for owning the Sheffield Wednesday 'brand'.

Crazy decision.

I have studied and worked with people in marketing in the past and have often been cynical about what they do and the effect that they have but this seemingly highlights what a shambles can be made of marketing if the people involved do not have the right experience.

I understand the club wanting to make savings in certain areas but to completely disband the marketing arm of the club may be something that they will regret in hindsight.

Going to an outside agency won't save them money, imho (I own an outside agency)

Seems such a shame to lose a brain (and loyal supporter) like Chris (and Dan before him) to 'cut costs'.

They need 2 marketing folk who know what they're doing, one graphic designer, 1 PR and 1 social media person. And, to be honest, on 'football wages', that's not a hefty sum.

Are SWFC staff under orders not to partricipate on OT anymore? Not so long ago this thread would have received a response of some nature in the interests of inclusivity / customer relations. I might have missed it (apologies to those concerned if I have), but when I complained on here about not being able to buy a wooly hat from the Megastore in the middle of a Siberian December, i was swiftly reminded by SWFC staff that they "had no funds at the time to replenish stock, so please understand the problems we are faced with"........

Milan - get back down the M1 to Leicester Tigers and recruit their Merchandise Manager ASAP. They get crowds at best similar to ours, but I'm willing to bet their merchandise income is at least 10x if not 100 x more than ours and you will struggle to find a family in or around Leicestershire that doesn't possess QUALITY Tigers merchandise.

It would at least be something if they could communicate the fact that they aren't communicating anymore.

Is there anyone on OT that has a relative in the marketing / communications dept at SWFC who could pass a message on to this effect ? :ph34r:

It would at least be something if they could communicate the fact that they aren't communicating anymore.

Is there anyone on OT that has a relative in the marketing / communications dept at SWFC who could pass a message on to this effect ? :ph34r:

Does James not come on anymore ?

I think you'll struggle to contact the marketing department...

With the various photos we had as part of the imaginative be part of it season ticket campaign for this coming season, I'm very surprised at the poor quality of this.

Fans would have been happy to contribute ideas if only if they had been asked.

Where is DJ1..who knows.

UTO's

Yep. James (as the primary presence on here) was told by PA to no longer post with immediate effect a few weeks ago.

He's moved in to the press team and looks after the official online channels such as Facebook, Twitter etc. If it's not official, you won't get anything directly from the club.

Massive shame in my opinion.

Chris

Yep. James (as the primary presence on here) was told by PA to no longer post with immediate effect a few weeks ago.

He's moved in to the press team and looks after the official online channels such as Facebook, Twitter etc. If it's not official, you won't get anything directly from the club.

Chris

That's a bit of an own goal. Owlstalk is one of the biggest mediums out there for communicating with the fans. The official channels aren't used half as much.

James used to tell us many of his posts were just his own opinion anyway, so to ban him from posting seems a bit heavy handed.

Chris

Oh dear................hope PA is not trying to become the new DA

I can understand them deciding to outsource some roles in this department as some areas of work can be easily bought in as and when required.

But if there is no longer anyone in charge of overseeing the club's brand then this feels like a massive oversight for a large commercial organisation like a football club.

Nearly all successful companies/organisations have someone carefully and strategically guiding the brand. Not having someone who understands marketing and who is able to safeguard and grow Sheffield Wednesday as a brand is ludicrous.

Chris

Shame, this was one of the few things that gave us real connection with our club, I really hope that we haven't "thrown the baby out with the bath water" with this move.

It was clear that James (and others) were very much appreciated with their contributions on these forums.

I'm sure that PA has his finger firmly on the pulse when it comes to negotiating player contracts etc. However I'm not so sure that he actually "gets" our club in terms of what Wednesdayites actually appreciate (can anyone recall the Utd score not being put up on the scoreboard at the end of last season under his instruction).

I take it whoever organised the shoot isn't aware of the existence of these things???

Electric_Iron.jpg

I've seen one of those before. It's an ergonomically designed mouse, built specifically for lady computer users!

*Gets coat and leaves country!*

Leicester is the Man Utd of rugby though, their gear sells itself due to their success, you see people all over the country wearing it