Tommy Miller

Not concerned, on big money only plays when he needs too.

I don't think Huddersfield will finish any where near the top 6 this season.

The fact Megson deems him not good enough doesn't concern me one bit. After all, he came out in the press and said that you were a better side than us despite being over 20 points behind or whatever it was

We will be around the top 6 and our position within that top six will depend on the signings we make in the next few weeks. A good striker, centre half and central midfielder and we will be one of the best sides in this awful league

Your signings so far haven't convinced me that you will be more of a threat than last season but there is still plenty of time to add to your squad

As it stands our midfield is significantly weaker than it was last season with miller in it.

We have to replace him. We will not get promoted with the likes of JOC and Prutton. Coke is not consistant enough and Palmer is still an unknown quantity.

I can't see why Megson let Miller go because he said he " didn't want too many of the same type stacking up", but chooses to retain JOC, buys Prutton and is after Semedo. ALL defensive types. Where is the creativity?

We cannot just play with 2 workers and 2 selfish wingers who can't cross. It just won't work.

Apologies but I am not too impressed so far with how things are stacking up for us.

My thoughts exactly^^^^^^^

Teams which do well generally hold onto the ball. Can't see why we binned off Miller, who weighed in with a few goals last season from a very poor midfield. Sooner we got rid of JOC and Sedgewick. To have got to the start of pre-season training with so many positions unfilled is a very serious f**k up on the part of the club. Yes, the signings of Bennett etc are very welcome, but

as for as many seasons I can remember, the summer preparations have been dis-jointed and seemingly badly conducted.

The fact Megson deems him not good enough doesn't concern me one bit. After all, he came out in the press and said that you were a better side than us despite being over 20 points behind or whatever it was

We will be around the top 6 and our position within that top six will depend on the signings we make in the next few weeks. A good striker, centre half and central midfielder and we will be one of the best sides in this awful league

Your signings so far haven't convinced me that you will be more of a threat than last season but there is still plenty of time to add to your squad

No need for that.

Oh, and we've got our proper derby back again this year.

The one we truly give a poo poo about not that game against you that you all get so excited about.

And that "awful league" you mentioned is more or less where you've lived for as long as I can remember.

Good luck next season.

For some reason Tommy Miller got away with murder amongst a lot of our fans in his time here. He was largely anonymous, letting matches just drift on past him, but he never got the same stick as JOC and Potter.

I'm glad we got rid of him, a massive earner who was never worth it.

I think you seriously need to calm the **** down.

You could have stroke (I ain't talkin' bout no Thai bird rubbin' you're tackle either).

You could have stroke! Are you said "Thai bird"?

Guest Saturday Owl

Scored 11 goals last season, granted half were penalties but he's not a bad player.

However if you are serious about taking the league next season you need better players, he's on a huge wage too.

Don't be surprised if he sits half of the season on the sidelines too.

Saw flashes of what he was capable of. If he had been fit for most of our relegation season then I'm convinced we would have stayed up.

It just didn't work out for him, and I don't think being shunted out wide in a team playing the way Irvine had us playing was going to do him many favours.

Scored 11 goals last season, granted half were penalties but he's not a bad player.

However if you are serious about taking the league next season you need better players, he's on a huge wage too.

Don't be surprised if he sits half of the season on the sidelines too.

Well no actually he is currently on zero wage and in no position to make stupid demands

Bradford were in for him so I think he will have realised he is no longer able to earn big money

1 year contract apparently and I doubt he'll be on more than 2k

Be a poor signing for you guys. Heads there, the legs just arn't and he really does struggle with injuries. Was on a big wage here too.

As for your comments regarding us, our signings and our prospects for next season. Obviously we're going to sign at least five more players before the season begins, but even so we'll be a totally different animal next season. The signs were already showing towards the back end of last season that Megson was getting the current poor squad into something like what it should have been. A few more quality additions, which WILL come, and we'll be major players in the race next season. No doubts about it.

As it stands our midfield is significantly weaker than it was last season with miller in it.

We have to replace him. We will not get promoted with the likes of JOC and Prutton. Coke is not consistant enough and Palmer is still an unknown quantity.

I can't see why Megson let Miller go because he said he " didn't want too many of the same type stacking up", but chooses to retain JOC, buys Prutton and is after Semedo. ALL defensive types. Where is the creativity?

We cannot just play with 2 workers and 2 selfish wingers who can't cross. It just won't work.

Apologies but I am not too impressed so far with how things are stacking up for us.

I cant see us playin with 2 in the middle with 2 wingers,its guna be a 4-3-3/4-5-1/4-2-3-1 type formation with prutton and i hope semedo as the 2 holding mids plus a creative one,joc and coke will be back up.

I really cant see udders making top 6 at all,peltier and pilkington have both left,smithies more than likely going to leave,afobe,kilbane and ward all gone back to their parent clubs,some big losses there.

It just didn't work out for him, and I don't think being shunted out wide in a team playing the way Irvine had us playing was going to do him many favours.

No position in a four man midfield suited him though. He used to suit a forward role in a midfield three but as few teams play that way regularly and his legs have gone who knows if he still does.

Guest londonowl1

Miller will be a good signing for anyone in league 1 or 2, maybe not the player is was in his prime but by far the best quality we had in our midfield.

Still waiting for his replacement......needs to be a good one, at present we have no goals or creativity in the middle of the park.

Miller was our best central midfield player last season but that's not saying much. That has been our weakest area for a long time now and it's no surprise we've struggled recently. He lacks pace, doesn't have the best engine, his set pieces aren't up to much, and for a 'captain' he wasn't particularly vocal on the pitch. However he chips in with goals, keeps the ball reasonably well, and has a good footballing brain.

I think Miller would probably look and do better in a good side. With Potter and O'Connor mostly playing he hasn't had much next to him. Decent enough player, but no great loss especially for the money he was reportedly on. We needed an entirely new midfield and I'm hoping we will be looking at and signing better than Tommy Miller. It's still an area that needs addressing. We still won't be up there with what we currently have.

As it stands our midfield is significantly weaker than it was last season with miller in it.We have to replace him. We will not get promoted with the likes of JOC and Prutton. Coke is not consistant enough and Palmer is still an unknown quantity.I can't see why Megson let Miller go because he said he " didn't want too many of the same type stacking up", but chooses to retain JOC, buys Prutton and is after Semedo. ALL defensive types. Where is the creativity?We cannot just play with 2 workers and 2 selfish wingers who can't cross. It just won't work.Apologies but I am not too impressed so far with how things are stacking up for us.

I think we have to accept that this is the way Megson will set us up. We will be a team of workers with possible one or 2 flair players (JJ, possibly Dyer).