Tommy Miller

Guest Stereophonics

Some guys on twitter at Darlington Eco seem to think he is signing for us tomorrow (Huddersfield)

I can't help but think it would be a bad signing

Looked past it for you lot last season?

Don't think he did too badly. Not fussed that we didn't keep him but more than capable at League One / Two level.

How many times did you watch him?

He scored 10 from midfield last season, granted about half were penalties, but he had the knack of being in the right place at the right time from set peices and winning the second balls in the box.

The problem being he was on championship wages and he wasnt and never has been a box to box midfielder which is what we need. I think he's easily capable of contributing in League One, although he gets a few injuries these days.

I'd prefer it if he didnt go to a promotion rival.

He'll do ok for a tinpot town like Huddersfield.

Place I work for has a shop a stones throw from your ground. Never be more then a 3rd tier side so about right i'd say.

Yep, I'll be delighted if we can stay up this season so he sounds right up our street

Wednesday should walk the division just like they did last season. Not looking forward to playing at Hillsborough this season and getting played off the park by you lot again

Yep, I'll be delighted if we can stay up this season so he sounds right up our street

Wednesday should walk the division just like they did last season. Not looking forward to playing at Hillsborough this season and getting played off the park by you lot again

flip off u priick

Your opening post on this forum asks for trouble.

Try being a little more humble next time and you might get a more frendly response.

Two posts in and already got the measure of Owlstalk, top man.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

To be fair, i didn't see anything wrong with the OP. He came on here and gave his thoughts on the rumour. None of us are overly fussed that Miller left because we feel/hope we can do better - and we finished 15th last season, they were in the playoff's.

I don't think Miller would be a good signing for Hudds.

Dear oh dear...

Arseholes like you never fail to make me chuckle.

Huddersfield are at the unfamiliar dizzy heights of bottling the 3rd tier playoff final, and we were at an all-time low of almost being wound up in the same league - and our teams meet. Briefly.

But no matter how well you did or how badly we did last season, we got the same prize... Didn't we?

Another season in League One.

The only difference is that we still have our famous Sheffield Wednesday, and you just have your tin pot poo poo-tip.

Now flip off.

To be fair, i didn't see anything wrong with the OP. He came on here and gave his thoughts on the rumour. None of us are overly fussed that Miller left because we feel/hope we can do better - and we finished 15th last season, they were in the playoff's.

Agreed on all counts. I'm sure some on here have plagued Leicester forums re:dyer so don't blame him for gauging opinion on Miller who wasn't a bad player for us, just don't think he'll start in a promotion winning side IMO.

As it stands our midfield is significantly weaker than it was last season with miller in it.

We have to replace him. We will not get promoted with the likes of JOC and Prutton. Coke is not consistant enough and Palmer is still an unknown quantity.

I can't see why Megson let Miller go because he said he " didn't want too many of the same type stacking up", but chooses to retain JOC, buys Prutton and is after Semedo. ALL defensive types. Where is the creativity?

We cannot just play with 2 workers and 2 selfish wingers who can't cross. It just won't work.

Apologies but I am not too impressed so far with how things are stacking up for us.

Edited by Beholder

Miller has a fantastic footballing brain and this has shown in glimpses but unfortunately his legs have other things to do for the majority of the time these days.

His injury record has been poor and miraculously improved along with his form just as his appearance count began to reach the "extension trigger".

GM set him a commitment "test" which he failed.

Good player past his best with a bad attitude.

He'll be replaced and not missed.

I was confused about it as well :laugh:

Guest scott_andrew_william

Not concerned, on big money only plays when he needs too.

I don't think Huddersfield will finish any where near the top 6 this season.