New Home Kit

Guest AntPoole

Home shirt is okay plain but I dislike the logos. They should sell them with or without longterm, I can't fathom why anyone would want to iron on a Volkswagon logo after the fact.

Erm, forgive me for stating the obvious, but I'm sure the club would love to sell the shirt without random logos all over it. The several hundreds of thousands of pounds given to us in return for doing it kind of changes their stance though.

It's called sponsorship.

The sponsorship element is in the players wearing the shirts on TV etc. Probably not such great product placement on some random fan with a beer belly.

Besides these first shirts are available without logos right? So the option is there if only for a small window.

Besides these first shirts are available without logos right? So the option is there if only for a small window.

Pretty sure the home shirt will only be available with the VW logo applied according to DJ1 on Twitter, the away one will probably start having them applied from tomorrow or the weekend onwards I'd imagine.

Guest britmod_owl

The shirt looks class regardless. one of the reasons some people like their shirts with sponsors is so that they are replicas of what the players wear. I would step over my own mother for one with an asda logo! and if this shirts a league winning one then it will probably be just as wanted in ten years as i do that.

each to their own though - we could be sponsored by taliban motors as long as we went up and pigs stayed down i wouldn't care

So the fact that the sponsors logo is the wrong size means it isn't a Wednesday shirt? I think a lot of people on here are moaning for the sake of moaning although I appreciate that everyone is entitled to an opinion. I personally think it looks ace and will definitely be getting one.

Liked the shirt design when I first saw it, the biggest let down is the way the sponsor will be on.

If we'd got it sorted earlier, it could *perhaps* have been integrated into the shirt like last seasons kit - which would have been fine.

It will now be a truly "Retro" or "Backwards" with the iron-on sponsorship on the front, and that may make it look naff.

Just imagine the Owls Megastore staff ironing on sponsors all weekend.

No complaints about either shirt already purchased the away one but NOT at all happy about having to have the logo ironed on a few washes it will crack and become very shabby looking

No complaints about either shirt already purchased the away one but NOT at all happy about having to have the logo ironed on a few washes it will crack and become very shabby looking

It's not ideal, but I can understand why it had to be this way. Given the choice, I'd rather see the club get some decent sponsorship and have some cash to spend. Will just have to put up with hand-washing the new shirt. Hopefully, next time we launch a new kit, we'll have a well-established long-term deal, and can have the logo printed rather than stuck on.