New Home Kit

Guest AntPoole

Guest starrydave

post-18667-001188500 1310752708_thumb.jp

Personally, I think this is the best shirt we've had for the last 10-15 years!!!

Gilders group wont have a white background to it, embroided onto the blue by the looks of it!

Edited by starrydave

Guest STEVE1810

Like the new home shirt....................but i do wish we,d stuck with black shorts , its what sets us apart from every other side that wears blue and white stripes!

I agree the home shirt is definitely one of the best we have had.I have saved every one I had a as a kid and also the ones I have bought for my kids and it stands out head and shoulders above them all. Whilst everyone is entitled to their own opinion about the shorts its only Wednesday fans that turn it into such an industry complaining about it. The rest of the country dont give a sh*t what we have played in over the last 20-30 years, and if its blue shorts now lets make it a brand new start /era along with footbal and atmosphere at Hillsborough. We all have part to play in supporting the players and the club.

The thing that sets us apart from other clubs is the Owl on the shirt and should be the passion and support for the club. For the first time in quite a few years lets start showing it at Hillsborough not just at away matches.

ps I do prefer the black shorts but lets move on !!!!

I agree the home shirt is definitely one of the best we have had.I have saved every one I had a as a kid and also the ones I have bought for my kids and it stands out head and shoulders above them all. Whilst everyone is entitled to their own opinion about the shorts its only Wednesday fans that turn it into such an industry complaining about it. The rest of the country dont give a sh*t what we have played in over the last 20-30 years, and if its blue shorts now lets make it a brand new start /era along with footbal and atmosphere at Hillsborough. We all have part to play in supporting the players and the club.

The thing that sets us apart from other clubs is the Owl on the shirt and should be the passion and support for the club. For the first time in quite a few years lets start showing it at Hillsborough not just at away matches.

ps I do prefer the black shorts but lets move on !!!!

Identify is what people are pointing out. Black shorts, blue and white shirts = The Wednesday.

Lets celebrate and build the brand of The Wednesday back up again. It mean something to a lot of people.

We dont see Liverpool decide to play in yellow shorts at home for a change!

Identify is what people are pointing out. Black shorts, blue and white shirts = The Wednesday.

Lets celebrate and build the brand of The Wednesday back up again. It mean something to a lot of people.

We dont see Liverpool decide to play in yellow shorts at home for a change!

It's a sad fact but most people outside of the South Yorkshire region, and that don't watch League 1, would not know a Wednesday strip if they were to see one nowadays. I don't think identification and traditional black shorts really matter at the moment to be honest. Embrace the change.

Despite prefering black shorts with the home strip, I don't mind having blue.

Reason being that it's not the first time we've had them, for example the majority of the seventies and eighties saw us wear blue shorts, notably at the boxing day massacre and during the promotion seasons.

It's not unheard of, its not like we're doing an MK Dons, we fancy a change, as The Wednesday did in the early days.. (navy shorts, white shorts etc).

I admit that black with a white flash is what's become our signature colour, but it really isn't like we're any less 'Sheffield Wednesday'. The shirt looks nice, one of the best imo, and if the blue shorts go with it then there's nothing to worry about, yeah it isn't to everyone's tastes but we're still that grand old club in OUR blue and white.. who cares what colchester or brighton wear? We're all that matters to us, this is our club, shorts changed or not.

UTO