New Home Kit

Guest AntPoole

dunno whether this is old news (haven't read the whole thread but... been talking to a member of the superstore sales staff tonight and they already have stock of home shirts both with the sponsors logo and WITHOUT it which will BOTH be on sale on sunday. shorts and socks are BLUE btw

I agree - looks like something Colchester or Wigan would wear. Plain blue and white stripes for me.

Because that'd be something that either of those two clubs would never wear right!?! Jeez the only difference between our kit and Colchester's kit last season was that their kit had no black in it.....our kit had no black in it till the 89/90 season in my living memory...dunno 'bout yours?!? Get a grip

At first I wasn't that keen on an 'embossed' sponsor shirt but then thinking about it they were all the rage a few years ago (including badges) and they didn't bugger up in the wash if you actually knew how to operate a washing machine. The VW logo is no bigger than the SCH logo we've had for the last 2 seasons and I didn't heat anyone complain about that! This thread has become officially pointless.

Because that'd be something that either of those two clubs would never wear right!?! Jeez the only difference between our kit and Colchester's kit last season was that their kit had no black in it.....our kit had no black in it till the 89/90 season in my living memory...dunno 'bout yours?!? Get a grip

At first I wasn't that keen on an 'embossed' sponsor shirt but then thinking about it they were all the rage a few years ago (including badges) and they didn't bugger up in the wash if you actually knew how to operate a washing machine. The VW logo is no bigger than the SCH logo we've had for the last 2 seasons and I didn't heat anyone complain about that! This thread has become officially pointless.

Get a grip of what? Design is a subjective thing. I don't like the shirt, just expressing an opinion it's not going to make me hand my season ticket back. Don't hate it as much as the pinstripe one from the 80s for example. I don't like the stripes tinkering with - for me it cheapens the look of the shirt. And you're entitled to your opinion too.

Gotta say, on reflection I'm not that impressed with the home shirt. I think last seasons was much much better. In fact I'm not sure how they could have bettered it tbh.

Maybe the released such a dog of an away kit to make the home kit look good? :biggrin:

The away would look sooooooooooooooo much better with purple shorts

Edited by Jowl

The VW logo is no bigger than the SCH logo we've had for the last 2 seasons and I didn't heat anyone complain about that! This thread has become officially pointless.

To be fair - there was a fair few moaning about the size of the SCH logo so that statements wrong. Me included, but when I saw it in person I didn't mind so much!

Might nip down on Sunday and get this, unless you can use Wednesday Card points online?

I just phoned, people may know but you can't use points online but you can over the phone. So if like me can't get to shop in week sorted.

Also the points you have now run out at the end of the month so you can't wait until first game of season either.