Jason Scotland -

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/197899/Jason-Scotland-s-a-Sheffield-Wednesday-target/?

According to the above article we are making an offer of £750k bid for Jason Scotland... (Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I could not find anything).

To me this seems rather crazy, the report goes on to say that we are making this offer as we have failed to sign Mellor!

Either the club are being clever in getting this in the press in the hope Mellor re-negotiates his contract terms.

Or

We are mad... Yes mad... He is 32 years old, and surely would only have a one year contract, to me this would be a massive gamble on him being the 20 goal a season striker we need.

What are peoples thoughts on paying that much for him?

Guest owlinlincs

I would be happy with either scotland or mellor as long as clinton pulls his socks up and becomes the player we all thought he was.I honestly think he could be key this season

My thoughts are Milan didn't get to where he us now by being careless with his money. If we do get Scotland, I'm confident the terms of the deal will be in our best interests.

No I don't think Milan is careless... Totally agree with that.

However it just seems a lot of money for a 32 year old striker, we are rumored to have paid around the same for Madine which gives us a frontline worth £1.5m!

I just hope Milan/Megson are not gambling on him at that age and price.

Guest Darkus Owlus

I thought he was a central midfielder! :biggrin:

No thanks - only if his wages are comfortable and the price is a fraction of the above.

I'd much prefer us to get Mellor so we have an attack of Madine/Mellor. I doubt Scotland would go from the Championship to a backup in League 1 anyway, some other struggling Championship side would give him a more key role.

I can see that it would COST us 750k, that being wages.

Someone got some figures muddled up methinks.

spam alert, please visit my site "no beer for a year" and like it on facebook. Each like will get the SCH £0.10p from local businesses who are signing up for cheap advertising on it. This way I don't have to pester people for sponsorships! .

Guest Saturday Owl

No chance of us paying that, Milan isn't stupid and neither is Megson. We'll get the best deal for the club so just stop worrying. :biggrin:

the daily star also has an article from ex sheffield united and barnsley manager dave bassett saying how poo poo villas boas is as a manager

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Andre’s CV looks impressive but ­anyone could have managed Porto. Even my missus.

There are only two, maybe three, clubs in Portgual and winning the title is easy.

its makes the appointment of Wilson even stranger, the pigs missed a trick, Dave Bassetts missus would have won the treble and broken every record in sight EASY

My thoughts are Milan didn't get to where he us now by being careless with his money. If we do get Scotland, I'm confident the terms of the deal will be in our best interests.

Spot on..thought the same when i read the article