Jason Scotland -

Guest 03 owl

Didn't Milan say yesterday that they were still hopeful of sorting a deal for Mellor? Hardly what I would call collapsing.

Yeah he did, probably just formality's to be tied up, the player wants to play for us and the club want the player, so is it at PNE's end that the deal is stalling ?

Err, Daily Star.

Personally I'd give more journalistic credence to some of the lads on here.

I'd usually agree, and wouldn't believe a word of what's printed in that comic. £750k would be a ridiculous fee for Scotland.

That said, they were the paper who stated that MK Dons were interested in Potter, at least a week, possibly two, before it happened.

Yeah he did, probably just formality's to be tied up, the player wants to play for us and the club want the player, so is it at PNE's end that the deal is stalling ?

Thought the clubs had agreed a deal, it is just Mellor who can't agree on the contract we are offering him.

I'd usually agree, and wouldn't believe a word of what's printed in that comic. £750k would be a ridiculous fee for Scotland.

That said, they were the paper who stated that MK Dons were interested in Potter, at least a week, possibly two, before it happened.

When it comes to coverage of football rumours, the red tops are often quite prolific, sure. I tend to find infact that the deeper the paper is in the gutter, the more of their gossip tends to come true.

Depends how you look at it though. Is it a case that they're genuinely informed? Or is it more of a "throw enough sh*t and some of it will stick" scenario? The red tops fill far more column inches with dubious rumours than other newspapers or even some websites do, so some of it is bound to work out.

I'd be interested in Scotland, but not at £750k. I suspect that even if the story is correct, the fee won't be.

+1

Why do any of the people on here ever believe a word the tabloids print? Why do they even read any of them? And particularly - why pay for them?

You don't need to pay for them... I for one don't, this is taken from online!!!

Take a look at www.newsnow.co.uk it's a news portal so anything related to Sheffield Wednesday will appear in there... Cheaper than buying.

I don't think the general public really trust what is said in the paper, but it creates banter and sells there product.

Although there could be some truth in this story... We are in need of another striker and this is obviously the one we are after! But dispute that I like most on here don't for a minute think Milan would pay that much for a 32 year old.

Thought the clubs had agreed a deal, it is just Mellor who can't agree on the contract we are offering him.

I listened to the interview with Manderic on Saturday, and I got the impression that the problem is at the Preston end. Milan said something about Preston couldn't afford to keep him and need to get him off the books. Manderic is a very shrewd business man, he is making Preston sweat, and it could be a case of who blinks first. My money's on Milan winning this one.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.