we've lost out on danny green

Guest scott_andrew_william

Didn't we know ages ago that we weren't going to get him?

Does it really matter if we don't?

Too right there is.

The problem is that they're all playing for clubs further up the league. The decent ones at this level are being snapped up by the day, Evina, Hayes, McGovern, Bowditch all signed deals in the last few days and those are players with experience which is what's needed to play at this level. No use looking up, you have to look across.

Or sign has beens for another season.

Too right there is.

The problem is that they're all playing for clubs further up the league. The decent ones at this level are being snapped up by the day, Evina, Hayes, McGovern, Bowditch all signed deals in the last few days and those are players with experience which is what's needed to play at this level. No use looking up, you have to look across.

Or sign has beens for another season.

What a crock of poo poo.

This is the biggest pool of out of contract players there has ever been, and you pick out them four as the 'decent' ones ???

Plus most clubs have made a list of 'free' players who are under contract. The Pigs for example.

We're also in a position to invest in the transfer market but this will ultimately be done when the majority of our players deemed surplus to requirements are moved on....

Why the fu'ck are people flapping ?

Not really a good idea to be negative about the man who saved the club.

Some people are so short sited, but I think Milan has been around long enough to realise, no matter what you do, there is always someone who will have a go :ohmy:

Guest foreverSWFC

It is a shame because we will struggle to get a better winger into the club than him in my opinion. He has all the required attributes and is the right age.

Guest D'Heavonowl

So the guy saves us from probable administration or perhaps even liquidation in the long term and you have a pop because we may have missed out on one player..... yeah Green has potential but i wouldnt want us to be offering silly money to get him over other clubs, we've done that before and look where it got us.

I'd much rather us sign players we can afford on our current budget (apparantly still going to be one of the highest budgets in the league), have players who actually want to come to us for the challenge rather than the money and have a club that is sustainable rather than what the blunts down at the sty have got.

Its one player, get a grip!

Couldn't agree more - I still remember my despair when we looked as though we were certain to fold - Milan stepped in and saved our club from extinction - whatever happens this close season will be to the benefit of the club - they maybe not the players every nob with a vivid childlike imagination is posting on here as if it were their wishlist to Santa, but I have little doubt that come the new season we will have a balanced and competitive outfit to take us towards the championship.

My link

Both Peterborough and Charlton have been chasing the signature of the goalscoring midfielder, who netted 13 goals for the Daggers last term despite being relegated to League Two.

Dagenham reportedly rebuffed bids from both clubs earlier in June, but it would appear they have found the latest offer too good to turn down.

Posh had already seen two bids for the player rejected, but are still rumoured to be keeping a vested interest in the 22-year-old.

Green arrived at Dagenham an unknown from non-league outfit Bishops Stortford in 2009, and helped the club to gain promotion to the third tier of English football for the first time in their history.

Details of a possible fee have yet to be released for the player, but manager John Still will be looking to coup a significant amount as he looks to reinforce his squad in time for the new season.

So annoyed that we've not got him, for once i thought that now we have the cash to spend we might be able to lure these young players with bounds of potential but obviously not, same old wednesday. Say goodbye to our promotion hopes next year because we've got teale or even sedgewick on the wing next season :angry:

Accepted by a unnamed championship team, probably peterborough. but surely if we'd have just chucked a few hundred grand and offered him a decent wage he would've picked us instead of boro. 22 years old with tons of potentional and we would have definetly sold him for more than we bought him for and he would have really given us a shot at this league.

Guess we've just gotta move on but i am absolutely gutted, slightly less confident about this season as i was when i thought milan was actually gonna use the money and spend it on decent players instead of the likes we've been linked with. :angry:

you really are just a complete wee pipe rnt you.

Edited by owlsdreamer

If its Charlton then I'll be a lot more dissapointed. We should be able to compete with them.

i pretty sure we can compete with charlton .....wednesday want green but at price they think he's worth if others think he's worth more thats up to them .when you start paying over the odds for players its a recipe for disaster .

My link

Both Peterborough and Charlton have been chasing the signature of the goalscoring midfielder, who netted 13 goals for the Daggers last term despite being relegated to League Two.

Dagenham reportedly rebuffed bids from both clubs earlier in June, but it would appear they have found the latest offer too good to turn down.

Posh had already seen two bids for the player rejected, but are still rumoured to be keeping a vested interest in the 22-year-old.

Green arrived at Dagenham an unknown from non-league outfit Bishops Stortford in 2009, and helped the club to gain promotion to the third tier of English football for the first time in their history.

Details of a possible fee have yet to be released for the player, but manager John Still will be looking to coup a significant amount as he looks to reinforce his squad in time for the new season.

So annoyed that we've not got him, for once i thought that now we have the cash to spend we might be able to lure these young players with bounds of potential but obviously not, same old wednesday. Say goodbye to our promotion hopes next year because we've got teale or even sedgewick on the wing next season :angry:

Accepted by a unnamed championship team, probably peterborough. but surely if we'd have just chucked a few hundred grand and offered him a decent wage he would've picked us instead of boro. 22 years old with tons of potentional and we would have definetly sold him for more than we bought him for and he would have really given us a shot at this league.

Guess we've just gotta move on but i am absolutely gutted, slightly less confident about this season as i was when i thought milan was actually gonna use the money and spend it on decent players instead of the likes we've been linked with. :angry:

Are you the fella who rattled on about Teale`s Bentley?