we've lost out on danny green

My link

Both Peterborough and Charlton have been chasing the signature of the goalscoring midfielder, who netted 13 goals for the Daggers last term despite being relegated to League Two.

Dagenham reportedly rebuffed bids from both clubs earlier in June, but it would appear they have found the latest offer too good to turn down.

Posh had already seen two bids for the player rejected, but are still rumoured to be keeping a vested interest in the 22-year-old.

Green arrived at Dagenham an unknown from non-league outfit Bishops Stortford in 2009, and helped the club to gain promotion to the third tier of English football for the first time in their history.

Details of a possible fee have yet to be released for the player, but manager John Still will be looking to coup a significant amount as he looks to reinforce his squad in time for the new season.

So annoyed that we've not got him, for once i thought that now we have the cash to spend we might be able to lure these young players with bounds of potential but obviously not, same old wednesday. Say goodbye to our promotion hopes next year because we've got teale or even sedgewick on the wing next season :angry:

Accepted by a unnamed championship team, probably peterborough. but surely if we'd have just chucked a few hundred grand and offered him a decent wage he would've picked us instead of boro. 22 years old with tons of potentional and we would have definetly sold him for more than we bought him for and he would have really given us a shot at this league.

Guess we've just gotta move on but i am absolutely gutted, slightly less confident about this season as i was when i thought milan was actually gonna use the money and spend it on decent players instead of the likes we've been linked with. :angry:

So this is just pretty much what we already knew, other clubs and championship based ones at that are interested in him and making bids.

The fact they have announced that one has been accepted is just telling the other clubs involved in the chase that they have a price..

He probably hasn't seen any contract offers or anything yet.

I don't think we will get him anyways but this addition is hardly worth the fall out!

Player chooses higher wages in a better league shock horror. Get a grip you muppet. If he doesn't like our terms then we shouldn't break the bank to sign him. Have you forgotten where that lead us to less than 12 months ago.

In Milan We Trust!

Just not bothered...

Guest paddy_owl

FFS pal....

He's gone to a Championship club rather than League 1. The article doesn't contain any real detail at all anyway.

Why the need for a swipe at Milan anyway ??? Typical panic / fishing post

Its dissapointing, but we would always be outsiders with Championship clubs sniffing. The key time to get him was last season really before the hype, which is what we need a good scouting network for, signings like Madine are an example of this (provided he keeps his nose clean), had we waited for another 6-12 months then we could've lost out there too.

I really hoped we'd manage to get Green as he would be ideal for us, but there must be alternatives, Pugh? Vincent?Weston? Westcarr? The last three are more pace than creativity but we have seen the damage JJ's pace can do. Pugh seems like a more creative midfielder.

One player ,Dose'nt make a team , plenty of time to go yet .it was odds on he would go to a championship club.

Just think if it is p'boro ,won't it be sweet when we go up and they come back down ,How he will be kicking himself, :biggrin:

If it's true we've missed out on green then we may as well give up on this season now. He was the one and only signing that would have guaranteed us promotion at a canter.

All I can see now is a relegation scrap and us going down on the lowest points total in history. The pigs are gonna have a field day. I hope you're satisfied Milan, you've ruined our lives for the sake of a few million quid.

Guest Big Guns

i think were fooked me ,we cant sign any one on megsons list ,except the 2 worst ones ,and if JJ and Buxton flip us off ,and megson gets rid of a bit more of the dead wood we might only have about 5 or 6 players at the start of the season ,i reckon if we only have 5 or 6 players in our team we will struggle to get automatic promotion ,but we might get in the play offs tho. :huh:

If it's true we've missed out on green then we may as well give up on this season now. He was the one and only signing that would have guaranteed us promotion at a canter.

All I can see now is a relegation scrap and us going down on the lowest points total in history. The pigs are gonna have a field day. I hope you're satisfied Milan, you've ruined our lives for the sake of a few million quid.

biggrin.gif

Guest Boro_Owl

So the guy saves us from probable administration or perhaps even liquidation in the long term and you have a pop because we may have missed out on one player..... yeah Green has potential but i wouldnt want us to be offering silly money to get him over other clubs, we've done that before and look where it got us.

I'd much rather us sign players we can afford on our current budget (apparantly still going to be one of the highest budgets in the league), have players who actually want to come to us for the challenge rather than the money and have a club that is sustainable rather than what the blunts down at the sty have got.

Its one player, get a grip!