Player of the Season

Guest thekelch

Guest thekelch

The Player of the Season award is due to be announced later on today. Who do we think will win it?

As so often our POTS award this year amounts to an award to the tallest pygmy in the village but will still be interesting to see who people have voted for.

It will almost certainly come down to a shoot out between Mellor and Weaver, although Buxton has been quietly consistent throughout the season. Overall I think Weaver should get it, if we were doing the vote post Christmas Mellor would win by a mile with Madine coming second, but I think for consistency throughout the season it has got to be Weaver.

The Player of the Season award is due to be announced later on today. Who do we think will win it?

As so often our POTS award this year amounts to an award to the tallest pygmy in the village but will still be interesting to see who people have voted for.

It will almost certainly come down to a shoot out between Mellor and Weaver, although Buxton has been quietly consistent throughout the season. Overall I think Weaver should get it, if we were doing the vote post Christmas Mellor would win by a mile with Madine coming second, but I think for consistency throughout the season it has got to be Weaver.

there was already a thread on this and there seamed to be overwhelming support for Buxton.

Mellors goals of late may win it for him though.

Madine doesn't come close imo, he's been decent enough, but a January signing with 5 goals in 19 games can not be considered for player of the season, even in a post christmas vote, hoping for big things from him next season.

Weaver, Mellor and Buxton in any order for me.

Edited by leea8331

http://www.swfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10304~2352392,00.html

Owls striker Neil Mellor has been crowned as the Handley Brown Player of the Year for the 2010-11 season.

The on-loan hitman received over 30 per cent of the vote, as voted for by Owls fans via swfc.co.uk.

Top scorer at the club with 20 goals, Mellor's highlights have included hat tricks over Hartlepool and Mk Dons.

And with six goals last month, which included braces against Colchester and Swindon at Hillsborough, Mellor is certainly enjoying a strong finish to the season.

Delighted with receiving the accolade, Mellor said: "I'm really honoured to pick up this award.

"It always means a lot to win awards like these but when they have come from the supporters who watch you every week, it means that much more.

"I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me."

Mellor won the award with 31 per cent of the vote, followed by Nicky Weaver who scooped 26 per cent and Tommy Miller with 10 per cent.

Thank you to all those who took the time to vote.

0,,10304~9619575,00.jpg

Edited by beano

Whoever voted for Neil Mellor should have a sit down and think about what they have done. By voting for him you have just confirmed to Preston and all other parties that the player we are looking to sign and pick up as a bargain should be snapped up by Championship clubs.

Not only has Neil Mellor Scored over twenty goals in a very average team providing little service to him and despite missing a large chunk of the games, he is also our best player.

Let the bidding war commence! :ohmy:

Buxton for me

has been a revelation this season and not had a single bad game everytime he's played

I agree.

Mellor has just got lucky in that his recent run of form coincided with the voting period. Football fans only have memories of about 3 weeks at the most.

Buxton has been the only player in the entire squad who has performed to a good (often exceptional) standard in just about every game he has played this season.

Whoever voted for Neil Mellor should have a sit down and think about what they have done. By voting for him you have just confirmed to Preston and all other parties that the player we are looking to sign and pick up as a bargain should be snapped up by Championship clubs.

Not only has Neil Mellor Scored over twenty goals in a very average team providing little service to him and despite missing a large chunk of the games, he is also our best player.

Let the bidding war commence! :ohmy:

20 goals in 30(?) strarts speaks for itself...I doubt a fans vote will make much difference on whether other clubs come in for him..

If Megson wants him I'm sure we would be able to compete, even with lower end championship clubs.

I agree.

Mellor has just got lucky in that his recent run of form coincided with the voting period. Football fans only have memories of about 3 weeks at the most.

Buxton has been the only player in the entire squad who has performed to a good (often exceptional) standard in just about every game he has played this season.

Even out of position.

Shame the majority of voters are 12yr old simpletons with the brain power of a duracell battery :ph34r:

:laugh:

I agree.

100% agreed, Mellor would barely have got one vote until very recently. Plus goalscoring is simply seen as sexier than solid defending.

Disappointed Buxton didn't get in the top 3

I would have given Weaver it personally, I know he had a blip in form during January but if I dread to think where we would finish if it wasn't for his performances earlier in the season. He kept that useless idiot in charge for longer than he should have been