And then the club wonder why

Guest intercity0wl

Correct, Hillsborough is a joke.

Segregation is over the top compared to other grounds.

The stewards are over the top.

And we cant take flags in without certificates.

Why are trampy Liverpool fans etc allowed flags with sticks at their grounds but we are not?

Typical H&S sh!te from Sheffield Wednesday as usual, and they want us to come flooding back for home games. :laugh:

This.

How come at bumhole lane they can have Wednesdayites underneath pigs, but we can't have home fans in the lepps corner at S6?

You can tell me it's all regulated by the same group if you like (HSE?), if that is true why is it seemingly one rule for them and one rule for us?

Someone at some point is going to have to let go of the tragedy that was the Hillsborough disaster. It is the only thing I can think of why 2 clubs in the same city are treated so differently.

Edited by NicNac

Correct, Hillsborough is a joke.

Segregation is over the top compared to other grounds.

The stewards are over the top.

And we cant take flags in without certificates.

Why are trampy Liverpool fans etc allowed flags with sticks at their grounds but we are not?

Typical H&S sh!te from Sheffield Wednesday as usual, and they want us to come flooding back for home games. :laugh:

To defend the club on this the H&S regulations seem to come mainly from the Safety Advisory Group.

Where I cannot defend the club is the way that they blindly follow these rules without questioning them or seeking compromise.

Surely risk assessments have been carried out for all scenarios which should have identified the associated risk and established control measures to negate or completely remove the potential risk.

In the case of flags catching fire, the potential for death or serious injury is posed by large flags which are not fire proof and are intended to be surfed over the crowd - this is surely what the ruling applies to?

Flags which are under, lets say, 4 square metres do not carry this risk, even less so when they are attached to empty seats or railings.

Wednesday are guilty of applying rigid rules which are not then practically enforceable.

If I start waving my handkerchief about, has it then become a banned flag?

What we need is clarity and common sense so that the stewards efforts are directed towards the areas where REAL risk to public safety exists.

I'm personally not that bothered about the scottish thing, the guy has clearly made an error of judgement and dug himself into a bit of a hole over it and a quick explanation of his mistake should put things right.

This.

How come at bumhole lane they can have Wednesdayites underneath pigs, but we can't have home fans in the lepps corner at S6?

You can tell me it's all regulated by the same group if you like (HSE?), if that is true why is it seemingly one rule for them and one rule for us?

Someone at some point is going to have to let go of the tragedy that was the Hillsborough disaster. It is the only thing I can think of why 2 clubs in the same city are treated so differently.

Bang on there fella.............it makes my blood boil that we seem to have our very own set of w@nky rules at Hillsborough and i'm getting sick of it. :angry:

Mr Rutherford has confirmed by email that the scottish death relates to the following incident although he acknowledges that this response from the Scottish Football Safety Officers Association (not the Scottish FA as originally reported on here) is not the same as he had been told at the event that he attended.

(

A smoke bomb was let off under a surfing flag causing some crowd distress. This was at an 'away' match. Subsequently a spectator took unwell and died. The incident referred to was a game versus Dundee United at Tannadice Stadium Dundee when a smoke canister was let off within the 'Shed' end at the ground. The 'Shed' has a very low roof and the smoke hung about in the stand. During this time an Aberdeen supporter who was asthmatic became distressed and had to be helped from the ground where he subsequently died.

The death was not attributed to the smoke canister although the family have their doubts about this.

As a result of Police activity the group known as the 'Red Ultras' was disbanded after the adverse publicity.

Google search result

Essentially, the group were being hung out to dry by club security personnel. As soul-less Scottish Premier league games occurred against the likes of Hamilton Academical and Dundee United, so the numbers and enthusiasm of those involved declined and moral evaporated. It had reached the stage where it was not worth appealing for support or new members any more. Hard work and hours spent encouraging others to follow suit led to disagreement, petty fan forum disputes and recently false allegations. Amongst the worst internet allegations were one which suggested a smoke bomb released by fans at a Dundee United away game may have indirectly caused the death of an Aberdeen fan after the match rather than the natural causes which led to the fan's passing.

Mr Rutherford has confirmed by email that the scottish death relates to the following incident although he acknowledges that this response from the Scottish Football Safety Officers Association (not the Scottish FA as originally reported on here) is not the same as he had been told at the event that he attended.

What about the paint fumes then? That was the reason given for the flag being taken wasn't it?

Not sure if it was paint fumes or just burning flag fumes in general.

It seems that allegedly some one told him a porky at a meeting which he repeated in good faith.

Thing is - if that was the justification behind the flag banning, which he said was the case then what is the justification now?

Guest intercity0wl

Some big flags (some on sticks) at the bridge tonight , oh and quite a few supporters will be stood up for 90 minutes as well, still this is only the Champions league between two of the biggest sides in the country, not a patch on the massive crowds experienced at S6 in Leaue one.

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest bartos

Where is the discretion? The common sense?

Too many people in positions that hold power let it go to their heads and forget all about discretion and common sense

Can't have much in their lives to go about things in this manner

Good move moving it to the the graveyard section of this site...why am I not surprised...FFS sake I thought we were beyond this poo

The club and Mr R cocked up, but hopefully they've learned from it.

No sense in keep kicking them. It's our club after all.

Hopefully some of the feedback in this thread is being acted on, and lessons have been learned for the future. I'm thinking in particular in terms of the stewarding and its impact on the match day experience.

I was at Hillsborough this evening for the football match between the two Sheffield universities.

I would like to know why several highly dangerous flags, written on with paint, and without fire certificates were allowed in the ground and not removed from display.

Could a club official please clarify this?

Edited by edinburghowl

The club and Mr R cocked up, but hopefully they've learned from it.

No sense in keep kicking them. It's our club after all.

Hopefully some of the feedback in this thread is being acted on, and lessons have been learned for the future. I'm thinking in particular in terms of the stewarding and its impact on the match day experience.

let's hope so mate...it would be refreshing though if, just for once, they could admit handling it wrong...how about that steward free match...entrances and exits only let us police ourselves...what do you think

So instead of something positive coming from this, such as allowing supporters to bring in flags or encouraging a flag day to prove that Wednesday fans arent a bunch or idiots and can act sensibly with flags without smashing each other to bits with sticks or setting them on fire, the club do what they do best and hide the issue under the proverbial carpet.

Well done SWFC once again.