And then the club wonder why

Guest intercity0wl

Why - he is only doing his job ?? This guy is not a director / CEO just a normal employee..

Why don't u go for the rest of the staff under the previous regime down to the tea lady ??

If he is not upto scratch then the Senior Management will sort it out..

So his job is to lie to the supporters in order to justify an absolute stupid, void of common sense decision that shows SWFC in such a poor light...I bet you thought that Kaven Walker was a top CEO....I really thought that those days were at an end...never mind I'm sure the police will rescind the order and allow us to have beer on the kop soon

I was at Hillsborough this evening for the football match between the two Sheffield universities.

I would like to know why several highly dangerous flags, written on with paint, and without fire certificates were allowed in the ground and not removed from display.

Could a club official please clarify this?

I presume the health and safety officers for this game were the same as they are on normal matchdays.

FAO someone at the club

Why was this game different? :rolleyes: I'd hate to think my safety was being compromised that evening.

Edited by edinburghowl

Guest Deleted member

I presume the health and safety officers for this game were the same as they are on normal matchdays.

FAO someone at the club

Why was this game different? :rolleyes: I'd hate to think my safety was being compromised that evening.

Might be worth emailing the club to be fair if you want an answer - James did say he wasn't going to comment any further

Guest intercity0wl

So his job is to lie to the supporters in order to justify an absolute stupid, void of common sense decision that shows SWFC in such a poor light...I bet you thought that Kaven Walker was a top CEO....I really thought that those days were at an end...never mind I'm sure the police will rescind the order and allow us to have beer on the kop soon

One thing he does seem to have in commom with KW is the ability to say nothing what is it Kaven used to say "No comment".

One again MR R I will again ask the question IS it possible for you to clarify your statement given to a supporter and sponsor of SWFC as to the reason why Hillsborough has such rediculous rules on Flags and why the same persons flag was confiscated ? is it indeed due to the Scottish Fans Supposed Death as you stated.

Along with this question could you also answer the question posed bt another supporter, as to why the same sort of flags were allowed into Hillsborough for a recent game not involving Wednesday but stil attended by spectators.

I would expect somebody in your position at a large organisation as Wednesday should have the basic skills needed to answer such simple questions asked, relating to your and the clubs actions. The silence is deafening, AGAIN

To be honest, the guy's only going on what he's told from above.

He's just doing his job, he makes decisions based on what he's told he can and can't do.

I've met him a few times and he seems like a decent bloke. Give him a break.

Edited by NicNac

To be honest, the guy's only going on what he's told from above.

He's just doing his job, he makes decisions based on what he's told he can and can't do.

I've met him a few times and he seems like a decent bloke. Give him a break.

He is employed by Sheffield Wednesday and should be representing the best interests of the club and us, it's paying customers.

We are all aware that there has to be rules applied where H&S is concerned but these rules should be applied with common sense - where the potential for risk is low, rules can be relaxed or amended.

By blindly following the nonsensical rules (or should that be advice ) provided by the safety advisory group, without applying common sense and without seeking concession or compromise he is not putting his employers first.

I'm sure he is a decent bloke though.

I realise it's all paranoia, but would you want it on your conscience if something terrible were to happen on your watch?

I'm not going to blame someone for being overly careful. I agree the issue with the flag(s) is a problem, which I'm sure (hope) will be resolved soon and with common sense.

If it was my job to ensure the safety of throusands of fans, players & staff lives everytime there's a match, I'd be pretty careful too. That's all I'm saying. Walk a mile and all that :smile:

I realise it's all paranoia, but would you want it on your conscience if something terrible were to happen on your watch?

I'm not going to blame someone for being overly careful. I agree the issue with the flag(s) is a problem, which I'm sure (hope) will be resolved soon and with common sense.

If it was my job to ensure the safety of throusands of fans, players & staff lives everytime there's a match, I'd be pretty careful too. That's all I'm saying. Walk a mile and all that :smile:

Agree with this, we are still suffering because of the disaster, which makes it all the more annoying that the same H&S rules are not applied at Anfield.

It would make much more sense for the various S.A.G.s up and down the country to agree on a common set of guidelines that all clubs followed - obviously local variations could be made if justified.

It's the inconsistency that really wee wees me off. :angry:

I don't think anyone is against making the ground safe for all fans...it's the lack of common sense and then lying to fans to try and justify it that galls me....if he had the courage to come out and say that it was nonsense about the scottish fan then maybe people would give him some credit but no...it smacks of sit down, shut up or **** off...now where did we last get that from the club?...and who was the safety officer when that was going on

I don't think anyone is against making the ground safe for all fans...it's the lack of common sense and then lying to fans to try and justify it that galls me....if he had the courage to come out and say that it was nonsense about the scottish fan then maybe people would give him some credit but no...it smacks of sit down, shut up or **** off...now where did we last get that from the club?...and who was the safety officer when that was going on

I think you have to be careful putting words into people's mouths davey, he hasn't actually said that and I don't think he would.

As has been said previously, the kit man, the tea lady et al were all part of the previous regime. Do you want them all sacked too?

Guest intercity0wl

I think you have to be careful putting words into people's mouths davey, he hasn't actually said that and I don't think he would.

As has been said previously, the kit man, the tea lady et al were all part of the previous regime. Do you want them all sacked too?

Dont actually think Davy was alluding to the sit down shut up bit as being the lies MR R he used to justify his blindly following of Guidelines and the rediculous actions taken at Hillsborough recently.

As somebody else has also just said its the silence of the man following his slightly untruthful excuse regarding a football supporters death that is the issue for some..

So i ask again, can you please explain Mr R why the reasons you gave for your actions were to put it mildly not accurate.

Wonder how many people employed in a similar position as he has at a football club, or other entertertainment industry organisation would make a statement to a club supporters ( sorry i forgot it was a private conversation), and have it questioned by many, and just sit there in silence, and not trying to put an end to this once and for all ?, maybe your in the wrong industry MR R

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Maybe he was misinformed himself?

Maybe he was ? so if that is the case come and out and say so, and then do what the club say it wants to do, which is work with supporters into making it a match day experience at S6 that peopke want to be part of, and put an end to what seems like to many, a combined effort with the yellow coats to actually offer the opposite.

The OTT restrictions at Hillsborough do make it one of the worst grounds in the country to Create an atmosphere in, as the more relaxed policies enjoyed by many owls fans at away grounds, and other stadia I visit as a neutral shows.

Surely Mr R knows himself that some of these restrictions in force at S6 and not at other clubs, (some with far bigger crowds present) need looking at to see if there are any modifications that can be made to offer the supporter at Wednesday the same as what is on offer at other grounds, if he does not then i really fear for the future matchday experience at the club.

Maybe he was ? so if that is the case come and out and say so, and then do what the club say it wants to do, which is work with supporters into making it a match day experience at S6 that peopke want to be part of, and put an end to what seems like to many, a combined effort with the yellow coats to actually offer the opposite.

The OTT restrictions at Hillsborough do make it one of the worst grounds in the country to Create an atmosphere in, as the more relaxed policies enjoyed by many owls fans at away grounds, and other stadia I visit as a neutral shows.

Surely Mr R knows himself that some of these restrictions in force at S6 and not at other clubs, (some with far bigger crowds present) need looking at to see if there are any modifications that can be made to offer the supporter at Wednesday the same as what is on offer at other grounds, if he does not then i really fear for the future matchday experience at the club.

Agreed :biggrin:

For what its worth just had the match day experience survey e mailed to me. Filled it in & expressed what i thought of the situation which was in agreement to most of the posts on here. I suppose if a few more of you get the opportunity to do so it might get them to take a bit of notice.

Got mine yesterday morning mate, emailed it straight back with similar comments and my telephone number for them to call me "if they were serious about improving the matchday experience" and wanted further honest and constructive feedback.

As yet no call has been recieved..........

Still waiting...........................................................................

(Bring back Lee Strafford)

Guest intercity0wl

Still no explanation Forthcoming from Mr R as to why he gave the reason he did regarding thia matter, maybe its time i ( to use the clubs own words) escalated this matter to somebody much higher up the club to bring it to a conclusion, Whether he was misinformed or he told a little porky it needs clarifying.