First ever game?

Guest Davidowls

Sat 26 August 1978 - Colchester, 0-0. It was crap. I was 6.

One of my best and early memories is 2-2 in L Cup against Liverpool at Hillsborough. Night match. 55,000. Mid 80s?. Think we may have gone 2-0 up. Electric atmosphere.

Don't think we were 2-0 up in that, although it was a fantastic game - dirty dirty Souness. 49.357 official crowd. Scaarsers won the European Cup later that year.

Guest Saturday Owl

A 3-2 defeat to Aston Villa at Hillsborough a couple of years before the turn of the Millenium.

Remember being about 6 and not having a clue who was who. :biggrin:

First game as a 'supporter' watching us on TV- we lost 6-1 to Leeds. And I watched the game with my Leeds supporting, older brother.

First game at Hillsborough, we lost 1-0 to West Ham (first game of the 98/99 season). Ian Wright scored with about 10 minutes to go.

Good old Wednesday :rolleyes:

Edited by HullOwlPhil

Don't know the exact date. It was the mid to late 90's at a guess.

We lost 3-1 to Aston Villa but Francesco Sanetti scored a seriously good goal in the last minute.

I remember this game but for a bizzare reason. Wednesday were 3-0 down and the score board flashed up about half way through the second half that Sheffield Eagles were beeting Wigan in the Rugby League challenge cup final and loads of people started to leave early to try and catch the last few minutes of that game :ph34r:

Guest 03 owl

Not sure to be honest but i remember meeting Mel Sterland, he had a pot on his leg, think it was in 1985 ? again as my dad cannot remember where he leaves his car keys, i'm never going to know :(

3rd March 2001.

Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 Gillingham (Ekoku, Di Piedi).

Pressman, Walker, Quinn (Morrison 88), Sibon, Hendon, Lescott (Haslam 74), Hamshaw (Di Piedi 55), Soltvedt, Westwood, Ekoku, Bromby.

Subs not used: Stringer, De Bilde.

Referee: M J Jones.

Attendance: 18,702.

Guest locky

Bloody hell how can you all remember it ! Mines was about 81 or 82 cant remembver who cant remember the score all i can remember was stood on the kop spinning over the bars what stopped u surging forward i was 6 or 7