First ever game?

Guest Davidowls

Guest frannys ears

Boxing day massacre for me, didn't go again til we either beat palace in the promotion game in 84, the liverpool league cup game or the 4-4 chelsea game, sure someone will know which came first.

Anyway what a glory hunting barsteward i am.

It sticks because their nickname was "The Posh".

I think they used to put the other team's nickname on the back of the programme in those days.

They did. Had the same drawing of a couple of players jumping for a header in between the two line-ups for bloody years too. And the numbers were just the right size and colour to fit on the back of my Subbuteo players to make the Wednesday kit a bit more realistic.

:biggrin:

They did. Had the same drawing of a couple of players jumping for a header in between the two line-ups for bloody years too. And the numbers were just the right size and colour to fit on the back of my Subbuteo players to make the Wednesday kit a bit more realistic.

:biggrin:

cute-boyfriend-gift-ideas-746089.jpg

The programme was really important for the half-time scores with the matches and corresponding letter on the board.

There was a mention of the old scoreboards on another thread recently.

I used to really look forward to matching them up.

Guest Hirsty's Gut

V Everton,think it was 1986 and my hazy memory seems to tell me it was Mark Proctor who scored in a 1-0 win