First ever game?

Guest Davidowls

Guest Davidowls

Mine was Owls v Bristol Rovers, 23rd March 1991, old Division 2

We won 2-1

It was the season we finished 3rd and won the LC.

Cant remember the goal scorers though, if anyone can help?? (tried searching) or the attendance??

I was on the Kop, bought a scarf specially for the occasion, which i still own and wear to every game( bit of a personal superstition)

My most memorable moment was the SWFC v SUFC semi at Wembley, stupidly booking with a private coach company and travelling there and back on a coach full of blunts ( i was young and foolish :-))

Harry Gration getting super stick from the whole of wembley!!

That Waddle free kick!!

Whats yours?

Edited by Davidowls

December 28th 94, the owls 5 coventry city 1,

Can't tell you who scored and there is no video from the 94/95 season which is flippinggash!!

Sat on the kop, was absolutely incredible, next match i went to we beat Man U i think,

Remember the person i went with moaning that boveril was a pound and we got caught trying to take in cans of fanta so we had to drink them outside the turnstile so i spent the first half burping!! I was 8.

Guest lamort

I've been reliably informed that mine was v Hull City 19/10/1974 (I was 4) - I can't remember anything apart from being cold and bored but that could have been any game between then and now!!!

We got relegated that season - wish I was bright enough to have taken that as an omen!

We won 2-1

Cant remember the goal scorers though, if anyone can help?? (tried searching) or the attendance??

I was on the Kop, bought a scarf specially for the occasion, which i still own and wear to every game( bit of a personal superstition)

My most memorable moment was the SWFC v SUFC semi at Wembley, stupidly booking with a private coach company and travelling there and back on a coach full of blunts ( i was young and foolish :-))

That Waddle free kick!!

you really ought to have quit while you were ahead pal. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I was raised on Bannister, Pearson, Shelton, Megson, Lyons. Must have been early 80s. Bannister was my hero. Proper player

We won 2-1

That Waddle free kick!!

Whats yours?

Paul Williams & own goal

Attendance 25,074

Try this site for archive info http://www.adrianbullock.com/swfc/stats/swfcarch.htm

One of my best and early memories is 2-2 in L Cup against Liverpool at Hillsborough. Night match. 55,000. Mid 80s?. Think we may have gone 2-0 up. Electric atmosphere. One of my first away games was Cambridge in the league, not the 4-0 cup loss. Uncle got drunk and tried to take me on the pitch.

Manchester City away in 1995. I was 8 at the time.

It was my birthday the day we played them, and my dad took me to the home dressing room to meet all the players as he was a city fan.

I had to hide my Wednesday shirt under my jacket.

I think Wednesday lost, and I remember crying my absolute eyes out over it.

Wednesday 4 - 1 Ipswich Town in 1995.

That was when we used to hammer the basement boys, nowadays it seems to be the other way round.

Was a great game though and got me coming back for more.

This was my 3rd match, Hirst scored a right goal!!

It would have been August 1986 ont old South Stand.

First game with roof on kop.

2-2 vs Everton

Hirst came on for his debut and scored almost with his first kick..

So me and Hirsty popped our cherries at the same time! :biggrin:

I didnt dream this did I?

2nd game FA cup quarter final 49 thousand there versus Coventry..Mego scored but we lost 3-1...incredible atmosphere.

24/02/1990

Crystal Palace 1-1 Wednesday

Att. 11,857

Nigel Worthington in the first half - a cross that got caught in the wind and Nigel Martyn couldn't palm away. Mark Bright equalised from close range in the second half, five minutes before he was sent off for an off-the-ball incident with Lawrie Madden.

I had to stand on the Holmesdale Terrace amongst the Palace fans with my dad and my uncle (uncle is a Palace fan), but I was so small at the age of ten that I got in for free with my dad carrying me through the turnstiles on his shoulder. It was freezing cold and windy, and when I got home I felt so ill I had to go straight to bed.

Guest kimmy owl

Arsenal at home in 91

it was my dads birthday.

drew 1-1 Hirst scored and Woods saved a Lee Dixon pen.

cant remember much more because i spent nearly the whole of the match waching the

wednesdayites on the kop and thinking fooook me! this is massive! (i was brought up just

up the road from millmoor so thats what i thought a football ground looked like)

wehey 1st post.

Arsenal at home in 91

it was my dads birthday.

drew 1-1 Hirst scored and Woods saved a Lee Dixon pen.

cant remember much more because i spent nearly the whole of the match waching the

wednesdayites on the kop and thinking fooook me! this is massive! (i was brought up just

up the road from millmoor so thats what i thought a football ground looked like)

wehey 1st post.

Guest Davidowls

68/69 season Arsenal beat us 5 -1 at Hillsborugh, John Radford scored a hat trick for them, can´t remember who scored Wednesdays goal, might have been Jack Withem.

68/69 no one scored for us, it was 5-0

1981/82 Season

Sheffield United 7-4 Northampton Town.

I got taken to a Wednesday match by my next door neighbour a few weeks later and went on the old kop. Got soaked to the skin, and one of the bigger kids gave me a chinese burn on my arm for saying liked United better, and that sealed the deal for me.