Darren Potters Substitution/Reaction..

Guest owls_4_life

He got injured so went off then was going to come back on but the substitution was being made at the same time and it was him coming off! Didn't look happy to be coming off thought he had a decent game actually.

Guest Saturday Owl

I felt Potter had a good game today even without the goal to his name.

I would have at lest let him have the applause when he runs off, but he kicked a bottle which sprayed everywhere :laugh:

Guest James-The-Owl

Coincidence we attacked and looked a thread when sideways Potter was off?

I've been Potter's biggest critic but I think we should cut him some slack today, I thought he had a decent game. In fact it's the first time I've seen Wednesday boss the centre of midfield for a long time, even if it was only Hereford, Potter, Coke and O'Connor when he came on all had good games.

I saw Potter get injured, he was struggling for a while before getting treatment and to be fair to Irvine he looked to me like he wouldn't be able to continue for much longer, i think the change had already been made before he received treatment (at which point the physio said he would be ok!!)

He'd took a knock a few minutes earlier and so they were preparing to bring on O'Conner in hs place but seemed to run it off.

Then he went down injured and so again O'Conner was going to come on in his place and it looked like communication broke down between the physio ad bench because he was trying to tell them he was o.k to come back on but the bench weren't looking.

When Potter came off he kicked a water bottle and then took his shirt off and threw it to the ground.

I saw Potter get injured, he was struggling for a while before getting treatment and to be fair to Irvine he looked to me like he wouldn't be able to continue for much longer, i think the change had already been made before he received treatment (at which point the physio said he would be ok!!)

That's how it sounded on player

Did he actually play a few forward passes then?

Good to see he scored though, he can actually do that when he wants to (scored a good'un vs Walsall I think it was)

He did yes, he played some neat stuff forward today and linked up well with Heff, Morrison and Coke, kept possession and always looked like he had space.

As always he could get stuck in more but all in all a good performance from him.

Guest owls_4_life

He did play well and credit where its due.

But once or twice a season is not good enough, he needs to put in this kind of effort every game!

Agree with this. The competition certainly seems to have improved him. Actually puts a foot in now!