Darren Potters Substitution/Reaction..

He did play well and credit where its due.

But once or twice a season is not good enough, he needs to put in this kind of effort every game!

Defo agree. Fact.... at home Potter is better than JOC and couldn't believe the substitution. Played well and scored and took off?????

Guest bigblue

He was the best player on the pitch up to that point. Won challenge after challenge, never put a foot wrong on the ball, positioning was solid, covered loads of grass, and was carrying Coke in the middle!

JOC & Coke looked OK together with Hereford down to ten men and on the back foot.

Criticise Potter all you want for previous performances, but he was easily the man of the match - up to the point of him coming off of course.

He did yes, he played some neat stuff forward today and linked up well with Heff, Morrison and Coke, kept possession and always looked like he had space.

As always he could get stuck in more but all in all a good performance from him.

I thought the same.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I felt Potter had a good game today even without the goal to his name.

I would have at lest let him have the applause when he runs off, but he kicked a bottle which sprayed everywhere :laugh:

I thought Potter had a good game today. He really got stuck in and won a few key 50-50 tackles, took his goal well and linked play well.

But I also liked the fact that he wasn't happy at being subbed off. It would have been easy to have accepted it having scored a goal but I liked his determination and desire. Long may it continue.

The substitution was a bizzare moment and highlighted the lack of communication for me, Potter played well as did teale and jones was man of the match for me 2. JJ can be so frustrating at times the 1st half he was nowhere to be seen and was floating about not actually doing anything and at one point ended up at left back lol, but total transformation in the second half and credit to all the players they all did well respectively. cannot wait for the draw tomorrow hope we get a home draw against crawley or man utd :).

I'd already made a mental note of how well Potter had been playing before he got his goal, so I was glad for him on that count. I also wasn't too put off by his reaction to being subbed; childish, yes, but it shows he's willing to fight for his place in the team and doesn't want to be on the bench.

I can't complain about the substitution with how the game panned out from that point, but I'm pretty sure it was in-spite of the change rather than because of it - individually I thought O'Connor was poor, so I was surprised to hear people thinking he changed the game - but as I say, as a team we picked up from the point he came onto the pitch so I can't complain about his addition or his contribution too much.

felt sorry for him today, thought both he and coke did an excellent job of sceening the defence and bombing forward.

looked surprisingly good playing as an attacking midfielder, took his goal well and linked the play up nicely between defenders and attackers. goes to show how much irvines long ball tactics dont work for him, and in fairness a number of other players.

Old dear on the bus said he took his shirt off and threw it down when he got to the bench. I didn't see this though. He was playing well but you can't act like this in public IMO.

Also, did anyone see Coke asking Morrison if he could take the second penalty? Now that is well out of order. Could put the designated player off. Coke played well but don't do that again please Giles.

Edited by goodytheowl

Potter played his usual game of sideways and backwards passing, not wanting the ball, hiding behind other players, never trying to create space

doesn.t get back and rarely puts a foot in.

It was no surprise when he went off and JOC came on we went on to win. He puts his foot in, wants the ball and also gets in the box.

Potter did well for Potter but if we are to move forward we need another midfielder quick to partner coke and its not miller he's the same as Potter.

thought Potter played well today, kept possession and linked up well with those around him

i thought it was a harsh decision to substitute him and his reaction was understandable. he'll just want to play games but to come off after 57minutes when you aren't injured or not even playing badly then yeah ... he's bound to be irate

Sorry but...

It is a total joke that we have FOUR coaches standing in the technical area throughout the game, and yet none of them realised that Potter was fine to continue when he was only standing 30 flipping yards away.

Why do we need the flipping goalkeeping coach getting mixed up in the technical area btw? What badges does he have which Irvine doesn't other than the fact that he used to be a keeper.

Potter played his usual game of sideways and backwards passing, not wanting the ball, hiding behind other players, never trying to create space

doesn.t get back and rarely puts a foot in.

It was no surprise when he went off and JOC came on we went on to win. He puts his foot in, wants the ball and also gets in the box.

Potter did well for Potter but if we are to move forward we need another midfielder quick to partner coke and its not miller he's the same as Potter.

my sentiments exactly, especially the hiding bit

i challenge anybody to watch potter when we have the ball in our half and tell me what he contributes as an outlet

Sorry but...

It is a total joke that we have FOUR coaches standing in the technical area throughout the game, and yet none of them realised that Potter was fine to continue when he was only standing 30 flipping yards away.

Why do we need the flipping goalkeeping coach getting mixed up in the technical area btw? What badges does he have which Irvine doesn't other than the fact that he used to be a keeper.

agreed i thought it was baffling as potters reaction just as he realised said a lot that none of them where singing from the same sheet Ie lack of comms, but all in all a very good performance from them all.